main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Bastila (Knights of the Old Republic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Turkey, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Title:Bastila
    Author(s):Turkey (thhhhaatts me!)
    Timeframe: Years and years before the saga.
    Characters: Bastila, and Miles (OC)
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords: Knights of the old republic, Bastila.
    Summary: Scenes from Knights of the Old Republic. Some actually from the game, some that are missing.

You know how it goes. I don?t own- all that stuff. I have been playing Knights of the Old Republic. I wrote this more for me than anyone else, because I love the love story going on in it with the chickadee! So? yeah. If you have played the game GREAT! This is some scenes I just had in my head when certain things happened.

-----------------------------------------------

?Then I suggest we move on.?

She seemed like a- well? a snot. At first she was too distant and focused. But the more time I?ve spent with her the more I realize she just hides behind her Jedi ?proper? ness. She is really a very beautiful, passionate, amazing woman. There were several incidents that brought me to this conclusion.

She opened up to me.

?Do you want to talk??

?About my mother? I am unsure??

----------------------------------------

?Do you want to talk? Miles??

?Can we just talk about it later, I just want to enjoy your company. I have to go back to the Sith Academy tomorrow.?

?I know this must be hard for you, this place has a great evil about it. And lying? doing- well it must be difficult.? He looked at Bastila. She was showing great concern for him, sometimes it seemed she was the only one who understood. That was partly because of their force bond of course?

?I missed you. The last months you haven?t left my side, but here on Korriban- you aren?t aloud outside the ship; I can?t stand it.? Bastila obviously wasn?t reading between the lines.

?I know our force bond has made it difficult for me as well.?

Another wasted breathe.

?You know what I really mean.? Her life was rules. Determined she was doing what was right, she looked at him sternly and spoke in his mind.

?I do not want to discuss it.?

Why do I bother?

I know what you?re feeling, I can feel you. It makes me?.? She searched for the right word. Something that wouldn?t hurt him too much. But she had to be truthful; then again if she was truthful with herself things would be much different. ?Uncomfortable.?

Uncomfortable.

It was only one word, but it meant so many things. Things he didn?t want to hear.

?You can?t do that!? He stopped her with his hand.

?Yes I can.?

?You just told me that rooks move like this.? Demonstrating by moving his rook across the board.

?No I told you they move in straight lines.?

?A diagonal line- IS a straight line.? He chuckled. Bastila didn?t seem amused. Something was bothering her.

?Do you think that way in every aspect of your life? A diagonal line is straight? It isn?t.?

?What are you talking about?? Confusion evident in his voice.

?I worry about you. You don?t take things seriously enough. And- the biggest thing? you aren?t following a straight line. You know what could happen.? He gave her his classic inquisitive face, which meant he didn?t want to have to say anything, but ?go on?. ?Remember that vision we had when on Dantooine.?

?You?re still dwelling on that?? It had been almost a month.

?You?re not!?? Her accent came out more when she was frustrated.

Truth be told he had been dwelling on it. But it was something he did not enjoy talking about.

?You killed everyone. You tortured me, did things worse than killing.?

?It was a dream!!? She was suggesting he might actually do something like that. Anger

2. Turkey

Apr 23, 2002
    ?I have to confess something, there was a moment- just a moment- when part of me was hoping you would tell him what he wanted to know. Just to make the horrible pain stop.?

Damn him.

?I?m sorry Bastila. Watching you suffer tore me apart.?

?I don?t think I could be as strong as you, watching you suffer like that would be too much for me to bear.?

Miles watched as Bastila raced to the room ahead where Malak stood.

?No.? He thought. She was doing exactly what he thought she was going to do.

?NO!? He screamed outloud.

It still didn?t make her hesitate. She kept sprinting strong. Miles started to chase after her, using his will and the force to stop her. He had to stop her.

Please don?t do what I think you are doing.

He was catching up to her. But no. He was too late. She got into the room, force pushed Malak against the wall. She used all her force to shut and lock the blaster doors. It seemed like slow motion to Miles as they closed. And as they did- she screamed to him. She screamed for him to go. He could read her lips, but was too stunned to hear more than only the thoughts in his mind.

?Find the Star Forge.? He heard her in his head. Right as he reached the doors they slammed completely in his face. He ignited his lightsaber and attempted to cut through it, but she was using the force to protect it. It was as if there was a shield around it. He lunged himself into the door, slamming and kicking. She was gone. He couldn?t help her. Carth caught up to him.

?Come on! Miles we have to get to the Ebon Hawk.?

?I CAN?T JUST LEAVE HER THERE!!? We have to help her.? Miles tried to calm himself. But he wasn?t just going to let her die.

?There isn?t anyway to open those doors! She sacrificed herself so that we could live! Don?t let that sacrifice be in vain!!? Miles knew he was right. He was hurting inside. She was dying right now and there was no way he could save her. He took two steps forward to Carth. He was standing right beside him, towering over him.

Glaring.

Carth was scared. Miles could kill him right then and there. He didn?t doubt that. And as angry as Miles was, he just might have. But Carth saw his eyes calm.

Where is Bastila.

She is gone.

What do you mean gone.

Dead. He means she is dead.

Miles could hear what they were saying. But he wasn?t really listening. Everything was unreal. Blurry. Tears.

No he wouldn?t kill her.

?Malak will try and turn her to the dark side and use her Battle Meditation against the republic. I?m sure of it.?

?Wait, so there is a chance she is still alive?? There was hope for her.

He would find her.

?She is going to be at the Star Forge. If we get to Kashyyyk and find the last Star Map. We can get to her.?

He would find her.

Carth looked at me. There was one more bit of business we needed to discuss.

?Should I tell them, or do you want to??

?I will?.? I looked at everyone. I looked at Mission the longest. A young, sweet girl, who looks up to me. What would she think of me when she finds out the truth? What if they hate me?

?I am?. I use to be Darth Revan.?

?Whoa! This is some kind of joke right?? Mission gave a nervous chuckle.

?No. When the Jedi set a trap for Reva-? me, they captured me barely alive. Bastila used to force to heal me, I barely lived. That is why we have a force bond. We will be bonded forever because of that day. The Jedi thought it best to give me a new identity. Only a little of my mind

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Nicely written. I liked this sentence: ?Bastila, we may have visions, but that doesn?t mean we don?t have dreams once in a while.?

4. Turkey

Apr 23, 2002
    ?I?ll never give up on you, Bastila. I know you can still be saved.? She snickered at me. At that moment I felt stupid. She used the force to freeze Juhani and Jolee. No one else was there. It was just she and I now. She lunged toward me and I blocked her attack. She spun around and kicked me at the same time. I staggered backwards. She laughed at me. It wasn?t that sweet laugh. She wasn?t there. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she was all gone. We fought more, lightsabers clashing, I didn?t ever attack her, only blocked her advances on me. Finally when there was a break in her attack I force pushed her to the ground.

I was ready for her to bounce back up and attack me again. But she paused. And looked at me.

?You think you can defeat me. The dark side is more powerful than you, than the Jedi council, I?ve finally learned to let my anger give me power.?

?You?ve been consumed by the dark side, Bastila. Can?t you see it?s destroying you??

?Destroying me?? She laughed at me. Again, somehow she had a way of making me feel stupid. ?When Malak takes over, he will be the most powerful man in the galaxy. And I?ll be right at his side.? I hated Malak more right then, than I ever had before. She would be right at his side. I attempted to control my hate; I couldn?t let it take over. For her sake at least. ?How is that destroying me? Besides, I will become more powerful than him, I will become the master.?

?Malak will never let you become that powerful. He will kill you first. You are dooming yourself to an endless cycle of death and betrayal.?

I could almost hear her yelling ?shut up? at me. But the clash of our lightsabers was once again loud. She stopped once more, a few minutes later.

?There is still the option of joining me. We could take Malak's place. Be the most powerful people in the galaxy. Your power is immense. If we joined forces we would be unstoppable.? I knew my duty. I had to keep trying.

?I have not faltered. You have been misled by the dark side.?

?Fool.?

I was beginning to hate the sound of lightsabers. I couldn?t help her. This was it- the end. I would have to kill her. I calmed myself as we fought, willing the force upon me. Using it against her. I was going to kill her. The woman I love. If she didn?t listen? I would have no other choice. To protect myself, the republic? millions of people? I would have to kill?

Her.

I slashed her arm, cutting it. I heard her scream- and I cringed for a moment, long enough for her to knock me off my feet. She jumped at me and I moved just in time for the lightsaber to make a dark mark in the floor instead of my head. I used the force and slammed her against the wall. I think it hurt me more than her. Her lightsaber flew in another direction. I approached her falling body, on the floor. I put my lightsaber away, and knelt by her. After our three attempts at each other- she was weak.

?Now you see the dark side is not stronger than the light??

?Just get it over with. Kill me. NOW!? I wouldn?t. I know now that I could never hurt her. Just battling her was too much. There was no way I could kill her.

?I could never kill you, Bastila.?

?Why in the hell not? I would kill you.? She didn?t mean it. She couldn?t. But she was looking at me so coldly, I almost wanted her to kill me.

?You don?t mean that. You can reject the dark side, return to the light. Turn to the Jedi Code. It can help you.? I tried my best to persuade her, but I didn?t use the force to do so. I needed her to make this choice on her own.

?The Jedi code is nothing to me. It is nothing.? I could see the conflict in her. I felt her through our bond.

?Look into your heart, and you will find the light.?

?It is too late for me? I?ve been consumed in the dark. There isn?t a way back.?

?Help us defeat the Sith. This will a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.