main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bastion - Vong controlled???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmPellaeon, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Did I miss a memo here?

Why in the NJO source book does show Bastion as being in Vong hands beginning with Vector Prime?

And, if it is, why would they give it away in the sourcebook NOW when Remnant comes out next year?

Someone just trying to save on paper? Normally they would use this as a way to promote a NJO: Imperial Remnant sourcebook later down the line.

Has Wizards started being considerate of our pocketbooks, or was this something overlooked as inconsiquential.

Your thoughts...

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I don't remember that, you are highly mistaken...

3. CrimsonGuard

CrimsonGuard Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2002
  4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Remnant has not been touched by the Vong yet.

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    If Bastion was compramised, then Pellaeon would not have been at ithor.

6. ImperialFC

ImperialFC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Hmmm....SbS doesn't have Bastion in the hands of the Vong, I wonder why the sourcebook would. Is the dot that represents Bastion inside the shaded Vong controlled area of the map, or just the name? Because if it just the name, I don't think that means the Vong has control over it. If it is in that shaded area then it has to be a mistake, because as late as Dark Tide: Ruin, Pellaeaon was holding a meeting on Bastion, and I'm sure Bastion falling during any of the subsequent books would have been mentioned by the NR.

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The Remnant has not been touched by the Vong yet.

In the word of Tenal Ka, "This is a fact."
    However there is debate springing from a possible adventure to Yaga Minor in Gamer 8.

8. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Chiss"dude"...

Do you even own the NJO sourcebook? Look at it on the maps. The maps following it all the way through the books show it in the color code meaning "Vong control".

Personally I think it was just a typo - I have read the entire NJO and have a pretty good handle on what they have and haven't let us onto yet.

I was not stating a "fact I found", more my displeasure with incontinuities. Please don't take things so literal.

9. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    The Yuuzhan Vong haven't taken over Bastion. At least they hadn't as of Hero's Trial. But Hero's Trial does imply the Yuuzhan Vong did capture at least some Imperial Remnant planets. It says in Hero's Trial about the Yuuzhan Vong "they didn't distinguish among species or among worlds-New Republic, Imperial Remnant, or nonaligned" So I think this means that at least some Imperial worlds were captured, but Bastion was not among them.

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Chiss"dude"...

Do you even own the NJO sourcebook? Look at it on the maps. The maps following it all the way through the books show it in the color code meaning "Vong control".

Personally I think it was just a typo - I have read the entire NJO and have a pretty good handle on what they have and haven't let us onto yet.

I was not stating a "fact I found", more my displeasure with incontinuities. Please don't take things so literal.

1. The three names in my signature are what I prefer to be called.
    2.Sorry if you think I offended your abilities or whatever, I was mearly stating my opinions and facts I presumed.

11. Cloaked

Cloaked Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    No, I do not believe that the Vong bastards control Bastion. I think that the map is actually signifying that there is no contact with them. Hence the reason that Wayland is still marked. The Vong did make a stop over there, but did not cut off communication. The other planets though are cut off.

12. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    The Vong do NOT control Bastion....

13. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    According to the map in Dark Journey, Bastion is still under the control of the Imperial Remnant.

14. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    There will always be continuity errors and mistakes, this is just another one.

15. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    Adam? you can't call chissdude 'Adam'...

16. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    The Vong continue to bypass the Empire. Too big a millitary concentrated in too small an area. Most remaining Imperial worlds were heavily fortified during the time of SotP/VotF. Also, the Empire has a much larger fleet (relative to their size) than the Republic. With only 1000 systems to defend the Empire can quickly move overwealming force to bear against any Vong incursion. Not to mention that the Empire has a much more efficient command structure than the Republic.

17. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    You may call me 'dude, chissdude, or Adam.

18. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Yes sir Mr. 'dude, chissdude, or Adam

19. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Well, I don't think that the maps always indicate "controlled by" but rather "threatened by." Maybe there's just a strong Vong presence in that system/sector.

20. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Possibility. And good thinking Moridin.

I guess we'll find out in Remnant won't we?

21. Cloaked

Cloaked Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Hopefully.

22. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
  23. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Why?

This debate is redundant. We all know that the vong do not control Bastion.

24. Hamtaro

Hamtaro Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    I think they will take it soon after they take care of the NR

25. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The space very near bastion was attacked by the vong in the first book of darktide duology. I think the marking bastion as red, just means it's in contention, not actually controlled. Elsewhere in the book as I recall it mentions that areas that are near being assaulted by the vong are considered red, but that doesn't mean they are controlled by the vong. Basically what I'm saying is what moridon said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.