main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Bat out of Hell" A thread for Meat Loaf fans

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by IamZam, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Are there any other Meat fans out there or am I alone in loving his music? Bat I and II are my top two favorite albums..There is just something about his voice, especially when it is matched with Jim Steinman's songs that just takes me away, I can't explain it.

I can't say I have one favorite song, though when I am in a really bad mood "Life is a Lemon" seems to fit the bill almost everytime.

What is your favorite Album/song?

Why do you like him?

Anything else you would like to add, go ahead..

I know he had heart surgury not too long ago, but I haven't heard how he is doing in recovering.. My best wishes are to him and his family.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    His name is Robert Paulson.

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I love 'couldn't have said it better' and 'I would do anything for love' and I still can't understand what he meant. I always thought since he was playing thr beast from beauty and the beast he meant that he couldn't go out in public or love her 'cause he was different. Okay rant over.

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I like "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad." Has he had anything new lately?

5. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    He just had a new album a few months ago. "Couldn't have said it better". Its not as good as Bat I or Bat II, but I thoought it was still pretty good. I don't think Jim Steinman worked on it, but it sounds kind of Jim like.

Has anyone heard anything more about a possible BatIII?

6. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Meat Loaf is awesome, born Marvin Lee Aday.

I have all of his albums and Jim Steinman is present on a few of them but only as a contributing writer.

His new album... "Couldn't have said it better". Is good but not as good as Bat I or Bat II.

Nicki Sixx of Motley Crue penned a few of the songs. Nice to see Nicki Sixx stepping up to other projects.

Jim Steinman has his hand at minor pieces of other albums. He is working on a Peter Pan type project called Neverland or something like that.

If you saw the musical "Streets of Fire" Jim Steinman did that but it seems that they (Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman) are only successful when they work together.

BTW, if you saw "Storytellers on VH-1" with Meat Loaf you will understand what "I would do anything for love" (but I won't do that) means.

7. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I love the Storytellers Album. Meat can sound good singing anything almost, but he always sounds best when he sings Jim's stuff.

I also have his Very Best of 2 disk album and Midnight at the Lost and Found which is not too bad. But I haven't been lucky enough to get the other albums.

I also have one of Jim's albums, but most of the songs are ones that were also done by Meat.

I can't explain it, but of all the singers something about his music just does something to me.

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I only heard the single 'couldn't have said it better' and thanks for the heads up about VH-1 I'll be sure to look out for it.

9. IamZam

May 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.