main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV batman 5

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Luminara_Jade, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    has anyone heard about the new batman movie starring christian bale, liam neeson, morgan freeman and katie holmes?

its coming out next march, it looks totally sweet from what little there is on it.

here's da link:
    http://www.actuacine.net/Fiches/batman-v.htm

sorry, it's in French, but you can get the gist of it. good movie posters.

2. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    well....from what I can see.....this movie is not being made by the same company that made the other 4..... SOOOOOOOO....I take that as a good sign that this one will rule, and not be as cheesy as everything after Returns was.......

personally, I think Christian Bale will make a SUPERB batman....

it´s called Batman: Intimidation and it has my favorite Batman villian in it.... Scarecrow....don´t know why he was my fave....he just was....just like Dr. Octopus is my fave Spiderman villian.... well, Venom is....but you don´t cooler than Venom.....and they´ll most likely never make a movie with him anyway....

3. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    yo pwobabwy wight.

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Weren't the first 2 done by Tim Burton??? I think I'm right in this...I think he should get back on the Batman thing cause then they would be really cool again.

5. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    here´s the problem with Tim Burton....I hope God doesn´t strike me dead for saying this..... the first Batman was AWESOME (though I´m not terribly fond of Keaton....in....anything...except maybe Pacific Heights) it was dark but it was sooooo Batman....then in Returns he went too far in my opinion...it was WAY TOO dark....I like the second one but I find it hard to watch.....I think a lot of other people felt that way too....hence he didn´t make anymore Batmans.....I love Tim Burton....but I didn´t like what he did in Returns....end rant....

6. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Tim Burton has a very creative mind and I pretty much like everything he has done...

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I think Batman 1 was pretty good, but that whole neon-joker-prince music thing was too much in a stupid direction. It needed more dark and gritty elements, not flippant goofy elements.

He is the Dark Knight, driven by his own demons, and the Joker is an insane genius. Will someone please make a Batman movie the way it should be made?

It just goes to show you what I have known all along. DC just cannot make movies the way that Marvel does. DC Comics, with the exception of Batman and a handful of others, stinks.

(Just my opinion ;) )

8. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Yeah I agree I never really liked DC Comics. I was a "Marvel" and "Image" fan myself.

9. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    This movie should be cool... I'm excited about the villans, I agree the scarecrow was one of my favorites just cause he was scary.. and Iike that ra a' ghul guy, he struck me as interesting, so its a good mix....

though a couple of years ago whent hey were discussing the idea of th next batman movie, they were either doing a prequel about his younger days starting off as batman, or a batman beyond movie... i was SO excited about a batman beyond movie cause its a cool cartoon, but maybe that'll be batman 6

10. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I liked the first two Batman Movies, after that they just went downhill to me. They got too cheesy and cartoony, especially the most recent one whi was not only cheesy and cartoony but filled with more stupid cliches about ice than I knew what to do with.

11. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    that is true. although, uma thurman was so totally hot in that movie

i would be soooo cool with a batman beyond movie that i cannot even describe my sheer joy at thinking about it!

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Maybe this is from too much of a Film Student perspective, but the reasons the Batman movies went downhill after the first one was that they had too many villains.

To some, that may sound silly, but listen to why I said that. It takes time to create a good villain. It takes more time to make the villain really evil! The more villains you have, the less time is spent on each one. Meaning, it is near impossible to make an audience hate and fear 2 villains in one movie.

The first Batman was the best, IMO, because we see Jack Napier from small time crook, to arrogant right hand man, to finally criminally insane Joker! We spend alot of time with him... we see him murder people in cold blood... we hate the guy. AND THAT IS WHY HE WAS A GREAT VILLAIN!

In Batman Returns we have 3 villains, The Penguin, Catwoman, and Christopher Walken! None of them get a 1/4 of the screen time the Joker did. We don't fear any of them. The Penguin was just sad, Catwoman ends up good, and Christopher Walken wasn't much of a bad guy to begin with.

As the movies went on, they stuck with the 2-4 bad guy ratio, and coupled with bad directing and changing Batman all the time, they just plain stunk!

Now this new one's gonna have Scarecrow, Ras Al Gul, and maybe the return of the Joker (which, if its true, has a .5% chance of being played by Nicholson). Sorry, but I'm not getting excited about this one.

13. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Bravo to the film student

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    :bows, secretly hoping Moka wasn't being sarcastic, thus making me look like an idiot.

15. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I was not being sarcastic, in fact now that you mention it, it really is obvious about the whole multiple villian thing.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, I hope the people making Spider-man learns the lesson. Stick with one bad guy!

X-Men is a bit different. I can't really say how, but they have been able to juggle a few Villains and still keep them all menacing.

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    perhaps because they have multiple protagonists.

18. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Hmm.. Good point Talon.. also the thing about Xmen is that the rest of the villians are really just subsuquent to the one main villan, magneto, so the rest are like a supporting cast, though I am glad when they went down to just 2 in the second one, the first one kinda wasted sabertooth for me....

19. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Well Sabertooth is kind of waste. The difference with the X-Men movies is Bryan Singer and X-men in my opinion has a much richer story base to pull from whereas Batman tends to to be one, maybe two dimensional the Xmen are fully realized. And before you disagree let me put it another way.

When Batman doesnt have the cape on does anyone really care about Bruce Wayne?

The Xmen (for lack of a better term) are real people who just happen to be mutants and most of the time have no interest in being a mutant. Look at Bobby's family, look how Pyro copes with being a mutant, he embraces the power, Rogue ran away from home to protect those she loves.

Yes Batman's family got killed in front of him and blah, blah, blah. If I never hear about that again it will be too soon. Though if anyone read the recent "Hush" story line in Batman comics (art by the magnificent Jim Lee) that was really good.

Speaking of Batman, another problem with his movies are the people who make them, didnt Joel Schmuacher do the last couple? Those were awful! The first one was the only good one then they suffered from two many frigging enemies syndrome. Batman is a lone hero his battles should be one on one on the big screen, multiple enemy story arcs only work when they can be fully explored over several issues in a comic not in a two-hour movie.

The Xmen movies are a completely different animal. They are a team based story and somehow Bryan Singer was able to pull it off not once but twice.

Im pretty sure I addressed the point I orginally intended to but if not oh well...

20. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    also, i think part of the problem with the last two batman movies was that they tried to make it like a semi-comedy. i don't want a comedic batman. George Clooney was a good face for batman, but he is kinda like this guy who's always jokin around in a bumbling sort of way, and i dont want to see the Dark Knight joking around with Robin. i want to see a depreessed, multi-billionaire, pushed to the brink of insanity by the fact that a scary clown-guy killed his entire family.

I want to see the batman from the cartoons!! (batman on Fox and Batman Beyond were freakin awesome.) Dark humor is okay, but george clooney-bumbling-humor is not. that is why i liked micheal keaton in the role. he was kinda creepy. he slept hanging upside-down. he really wasn't all that funny.

just my 2 cents.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    YeS! Batman should be dark and brooding, and almost schizophrenic with his alter ego.... no comedy!

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Robin should be played by Steve Buscemi!

23. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    hahah!! i think he should be the psychopathic scarecrow. he would be perfect. or tom petty would be a good scarecrow too.

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    But can he act?

25. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    who cares so long as he is scary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.