main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO BATMAN - a Telltale game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DebonaireNerd, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    That sentence could use a comma. :p

2. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    No. Maybe it's the result of my work which is an extension of my knowledge. So there :p

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Take my money.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  5. Random Stormtrooper

Random Stormtrooper Jedi Knight

Jan 18, 2016
    Game looks sweet

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

6. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Pre-ordered. Just waiting Tuesday. Very excited for this game.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I'll see you guys next year when (hopefully) the season is completed. :p

8. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    finished episode one
    let harvey join the meeting
    provided vicki with a quote
    showed mercy to the henchman
    gave the information to vicki vale felt that alfred preferred that yet im in the minority on this choice
    showed restraint to falcone and arrested him safe and sound

overall i loved it 9/10 has the usual telltale performance drops but im a massive fan of games like these. has a few comic book easter egg nods as well interested to see where it goes next.

9. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

Next year?!

I would have seen Rogue One by then!

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I don't play Telltale games until the entire season is done. As much as I like their games, I really dislike the way they release them.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I watched the playthrough of The Walking Dead Season 1 on Twitch (and it was too good for words), but have never been pulled in by Game of Thrones or The Wolf Among Us.

I think I'm going to try to get going on this tonight. Looks incredible.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Waiting for the physical release in a months time so it's gonna be hell avoiding spoilers as everywhere I look on youtube there's walkthoughs of it!

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm of the camp that just waits for Telltale to finish releasing the entire game before I buy. Episodic installments frustrate me because of their cliffhanger nature (and we, as a people, have quite nicely rid ourselves of cliffhanger anxiety through binge-watching services like Netflix). However, I have not touched a video game since last year, I love Telltale and I love Batman, so I went ahead and purchased the Season Pass. Just started the game last night.

My first impressions: I'm somewhat reminded of a long time ago, when I gave a criticism of Batman games (before or during the advent of the Arkham series, I believe), in which I remarked that being Batman is about more than just throwing punches and gliding around, and that if I would love to see a game that actually put the gamer in Batman's shoes--as Bruce Wayne, as detective, etc. I do recall it being an unfavorable opinion, but it seems like Telltale had a similar idea.

This game (as far as I can so far tell), is a game more about Bruce Wayne than the Batman. And that's not a bad thing. It's not just a typical punch-fest. It seems like you're navigating Bruce Wayne's life, the impression he leaves on Gotham and those in his life, as well as fighting crime under cover of darkness. It's great.

Criticisms:
    -Telltale's character models still leave room for improvement. I was kind of hoping that, this being a current-gen game, that they might have taken a step away from their traditional model style and embraced something a bit slicker. The standout here is in the scenery. Background scenes (like Wayne Manor, for example) look fantastic.

-The voice acting. What the actual. Voice acting and dialogue was absolutely gorgeous in The Walking Dead 1 and 2, but here it threatens to shake you out of the otherwise engrossing game experience.

14. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Finished it all in one sitting. Obviously, a very short play but there is a fair bit of invite for re-visiting this chapter before the next is released. Overall, the experience has been very positive. A few running glitches in the beginning while I would have liked a bit more length in the gameplay. This instalment is shorter than an episode of Life Is Strange. But, definitely hanging out for the next episode. I'll do a couple of replays to experiment with the outcomes and paths.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Played through the full first chapter last night. Really enjoyed it - good voice acting, good story, very basic action. I think I made a few dopey decisions just because I was nervous with the format of the game - the first being

shaking Falcone's hand..what a dumbass move that was. Even though I was hostile to him later on.

Cannot wait for Chapters 2-5!

16. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    This is a fun game. I am very happy I've gone spoiler-free thus far!

17. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    While waiting for episode 2, I decided to get Game of Thrones. Just finished Episode 2 of that. Wow. I'm definitely hooked.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    This is the first time I've started an episodic game before the entire season was released, and man is waiting on new episodes gonna suck. Thoroughly enjoyed episode one of Batman.

I met with Falcone alone. Didn't think it'd be a good look for Harvey to meet with a crime lord behind closed doors in front of all his guests. Also provided Vicki with a quote and showed mercy to the henchman. Deciding who to give the evidence to took me a few minutes. Almost went with Vicki because I feared Gordon would be blocked by corrupt higher ups from doing anything worthwhile with the info, while Vicki could leak it to the press and have public demand force the department's hand. But ultimately decided cultivating trust with the Lieutenant was the better move. And then I resisted the strong urge to impale Falcone with the exposed rebar and hung him up safely for the police.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I need to download this once a few episodes are out. Telltale have pulled out a couple of masterpieces; don't want to miss out.

20. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

I brought Dent along for the Falcone meeting, but didn't shake his hand. Broke the henchman's arm. Gave the evidence to Gordon because I didn't quite trust Vale. I also was merciful to Falcone. Does the attack on Falcone's building change depending on your choice of attacks? I tried to go with with the less lethal approach (for example, not slamming that one guy's head into the marble table and instead throwing him into the screen).

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Vicki is the press. You're the one leaking the info. :p

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm picking the physical copy up this month.

23. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    episode 2 is due out september 20th. and walking dead season 3 is out in November if there is a thread i don't know how to search for it

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I'll definitely wait for the entire season of the walking dead. Those games are incredible.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Return to Arkham comes out next month :p