main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO BATMAN - a Telltale game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DebonaireNerd, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I still have my 360 versions of those games. I'm surprised that Ubisoft has yet to release a re-mastered version of the original Assassin Creeds.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They are, the Ezio Trilogy collection was leaked

3. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
  4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Episode 2 is great. Anyone else played it?

5. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I've been preoccupied with homework. I'll probably start tomorrow. :D

6. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Just finished Children of Arkham (so woefully short :( ). But wow. So gripping and intense. I loved it.

Who did you all save? I saved Selina, but now that I see the potential consequence of that, I wonder if I should have saved Harvey and prevented his obvious fate as Two-Face. :/

7. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    episode 2
    eased falcones pain
    tried to kiss selina
    visited mayor hill as batman
    continued to fund harvey's campaign
    saved selina over harvey(if you choose harvey does he still get the two face scars?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It sounds like an overwhelming majority, including myself chose to save Selina. I personally chose to save Selina because I want two face in the game plus I think Batman is only human and can make mistakes from time to time so I thought add a bit of extra drama to the game and purposely make the WRONG choice.

BTW who else forgave Alfred at the beginning?

9. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    i forgave alfred he always had bruce's best interests at heart and was trying to protect him. i saved selina mostly because harvey was being a dick and the fact i tried to kiss her earlier in the episode

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    **** you, Vicki.

11. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    For those of you who didn't save Harvey in Episode 2, was he disfigured in Episode 3?

Was it just me, or was Episode 3 simply too short? I finished it within like an hour or so.

How did you guys play the Wayne Enterprises thing?

I at first took it all with grace, even when Penguin dropped that item and it broke in Bruce's office. But come the press announcement, I read the apology on the prompter and then proceeded to call Penguin out as being a criminal and fraud. I guess I let Selina convince me that it was a good idea.

12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Can't believe so many people (90% when I finished) slept with Selina despite the fact she was still somewhat involved with Harvey. Like come on, people, he's Bruce's buddy! [face_not_talking]

Also, **** Cobblepot. Gonna be interesting to see how next episode goes with Bruce locked up and Harvey showing up to Wayne Manor with a damn tommy gun (his face has yet to be scarred in my game).

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  13. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Guardian of Gotham was released today. I finished it in a little over an hour. I wish these were longer, as they are quite good.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I still can't help but feel that
    Bruce's parents aren't as crooked as the game suggests they are.
    We'll see.

15. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    been really enjoying this hopefully it gets a season 2. and they drop the final episode before the new walking dead season

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    This is the first time I've played a Telltale game episode per episode instead of all at once. I think the narrative kind of suffers a bit from not being able to continuously go forward and instead being forced to wait a month or so between installments. For example, Guardian of Gotham felt painfully short and therefore unworthy of a month-long wait. But if Telltale were to release the game all at once, perhaps just unsatisfied notions wouldn't come around?

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    So I just saw that the last episode comes out next week?? This has to be the fastest released season of a Telltale game ever. I hope it becomes the norm for them and not just a one-off so that I don't actually have to wait for almost a year.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    The problem though is that the last couple installments have been glaringly short.

19. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Finished City of Light. It was a good installment, but I'm not sure if it was a great final chapter.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Honestly, I felt this was a great ending - in part because it's not really an ending. There's plenty to do in the next season! Plus I love the way that this series took ownership of the detective, gothic aspects of the character. Very fun!

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Gothic aspects? How so?

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Season 2 out today! Still making my way through the first one, but everything I've seen in promotion for S2 looks solid. Trust in Telltale.

23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    First episode of the new season is garbage.

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Honestly really liked the first ep of season 2. Just in awe of how early 70s this game is. They take Denny's Bondian Batman approach but mix it with the very very socially relevant Bruce of Frank Robbins. Then there is some nice late 70s Len Wein stuff with
    Lucius's daughter Tiffany around. Also really liked that you can be super nice to John. This Bruce (at least how I play him) is super focused on helping the mentally ill and he has no real reason to be angry at John at this point. As for Riddler they where super cheap with his riddles and I dislike what they seems to be setting up with him being connected to Argus. Also not a fan of their Jim. Other than that I think they are still nailing Bruce and Alfred. Hope to see some more corporate intrigue than the first season.

Oh and the soundtrack for this ep was really solid.

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    The Gordon stuff is what irked me most about the episode. I thought most of Waller's tactics made complete sense, and Telltale had to come up with some contrived "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario that their games are (in)famous for, so they just made Gordon disagree with everything she did in an effort to give you a "choice" of who to work with. The whole thing is getting pretty tiresome, just once I'd like to make a decision and have it feel like the right one instead of constantly being punished.

But the ending cliffhanger was nice. Curious to see how they portray Harleen and how her relationship with "John Doe" unfolds.