main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman and Superman movies....

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by RogerRoger517, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Saw on the fat man's site that plans are underway for filming of both franchises later this year. Does anyone else think this has disaster written all over it.

2. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    My answer is YES

3. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Being a Superman FANATIC, I've been following the progress of the new Superman film closely, and the latest rumors are that they are set to start production as soon as they cast the title role. The rumors says all the other roles (Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor, etc) have been cast but no names have been given. Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) is no longer directing, but they haven't announced the new director.

On the Batman front, there's a supposedly great script featuring the Scarecrow, tentatively titled The Frightening, with Chris Nolan (Memento) set to direct. Also, Frank Miller is still adapting Batman: Year One, the comic he wrote about Bruce Wayne's first year under the cowl.

4. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Personally, I'm a Batman fan. I loved all the Batman movies to date. And if they are planning to make another one or two, I'm sure I'll like them as well. As for Superman, to me no one will be able to bring to the man of steele what Christopher Reeves did.

5. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Michael J fox is gonna be Batman? oh wait that was The Frightners....sorry....

6. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    LOL Ed...I think, though, that one of the requirements to be Batman is that you have to be taller than the boy wonder.

7. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I personally don't think they should re-do the Superman movies. They aren't old enough to be redone. I mean, if they are going to start to re-do movies that are only 20 years old or so...good grief! someone might want to re-do ANH. [face_shocked] And BTW, who could be a better Superman then Reeves?

Have they anounced who will be directing the next Batman? I heard that Butron and Schumacker wouldn't do another one. And who would be in the lead? Brother, there have been so many, mine as well find a new one.

Frightners ***she shivers*** that was a scary movie! Didn't sleep for days after that.

Ice Queen

8. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    hehe they aren't redoing them Lisa, just making new ones... they won't really be related to the classics other then the superman basics.

9. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Well, the new Superman movie does tell his origin story for part of it, so in that way, they are "remaking" the first Christopher Reeve Superman film, but as Mike2-D2 said, there won't be anything else plot-wise the same as the 4 original films. As for the films not being old enough to start over, remember when the 1978 Superman movie came out, it had only been a little over 20 years since the Superman movies and TV series starring George Reeves. Quite a few Superman fans, my father included, identified George Reeves with Superman the same way you and I now think of Christopher Reeve.

Oh, and Lisa, in answer to your question about the director of the new Batman movie, Chris Nolan, who directed Memento and Insomnia, is currently attached to direct Batman: The Frightening which is the most likely candidate to be the next Batman film released. Batman: Year One, if it ever gets made, is supposed to be directed by Darren Aronofsky, who directed Pi and Requiem For a Dream.

For all the latest superhero movie info and rumors, I stick with SuperHeroHype.com

10. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Wasn't ANH already "re-done" in '97?

11. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Yeaowza! I love both of those directors! The studio must be fairly sure of the Batman appeal to have two non main stream directors at the helm. While it may not be the case with our group, I would wager that the average American has never heard of Nolan or Aronofsky. I will have to put the Batman movies on my "to do" movie list.

R-do or make new ones, it doesn't matter. I think it's a shame that someone feels the older movies have to be "re-done" for a new generation. The bottome line is that it's all about the money.

Ice Queen

12. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Lisa, what makes me angry is that I am old enough now that there are "remakes" of movies that I actually saw when they first came out. :mad:

13. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Alright so I was checking out superherohype.com and was looking at the latest on the Elektra movie. Apparently the guys doing the script were pryed off writing a "Deathlok" script. First Iron Fist now Deathlok. Can we pick any more obscure characters? I can't wait till they start writing the script for the New Warrriors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.