main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham City (Arkham Asylum 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Dec 12, 2009.

1. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    The Penguin's gonna be in it? Oh heck yes- my favorite Batman villain in the sequel to the greatest Batman game of all time?

Robin could be awesome as well, if they're going with, say, the Tim Drake Robin, who seems to be the pattern they base almost every modern spinoff portrayals of even the Dick Grayson Robin on, from outfit to armament.

Seriously, check Drake's Robin costume, then look at Robin in, say, Teen Titans.

Same outfit, and even though Titans Robin is heavily implied to be Grayson (IE, they do everything but flat-out state it), he utilizes a telescoping bo staff, which is Tim's schtick.

So, yeah, as much as Grayson is the iconic Robin, they may as well go with Drake- especially if they want to avoid any flak about pixie shoes. 8-}

2. ebamf

ebamf Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2009
    Where did you hear that rumor? I'm pretty sure if the site says Holiday 2010, they're sticking to it.

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    When the game trailer for TFUII was first released (when I first posted what you quoted; check the date...) many sites had the release for Spring. Since then, I'm sure that's changed. But that's what happens in a couple months in the gaming industry.

Assuming that what you're even talking about. I would suggest checking the dates of posts before posting yourself.

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    looking forward to it. the first one was great

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Kevin Conroy: Arkham Asylum 2 will be 'Really dark.'

It seems Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 is somehow going to be even darker than the first game.

According to a report from ComicBookResources.com, famed Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy, who recently provided vocals for Batman: Arkham Asylum, discussed new details about the upcoming sequel from Rocksteady Studios.

Conroy, who spoke during a panel during the Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo this past weekend, said the new game will have a similar tone to the animated movie Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. "It's really, really dark," Conroy said of the game in relation to the film. "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area - it's that dark."

During the same panel, Conroy let slip that the villain Two-Face would be in the game. "There's a very complicated cast," he said after acknowledging his mistake. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Publisher Warner Bros. announced the sequel at last year's VGAs award show, just months after the release of the first game. Warner Bros has since purchased the majority share of Rocksteady.

6. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    some sites have this game listed as coming out "TBA 2011" so the hope for a quick follow up is gone. but i hope they take their time and make it a real, true sequel. Names like two-face, Talia Al Guhl and Mr. freeze already have me excited. cant wait to see the design and how they handle Freeze.

7. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    So we have still had no new updates for quite a while now. I hope we get something at E3 2010. I am getting very impatient.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    How come? The first one's not even a year old yet. Give it time.

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    True, but given it is supposed to come out within this year. I expected more updates. Like TFU2.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Nobody has stated for a fact it's coming out this year. You can't assume that just because of the VGA teaser. In all honesty, I'd prefer a late 2011 release date if only for the sake of the end quality of the product.

11. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    The thing is that they apparently have been working on it for quite a while. Like since the other one was released. That is what I heard anyway. Im not saying that I want the game to come out soon. Just an update. Anything, hell just tell us what villains are in it.

12. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    What villains are in it? Follow the bold link.

That's been there for awhile. [face_shhh]

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I was using that as an example Vassago. I am aware of the names that have been mentioned.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    After playing a bit of Read Dead Redemption, I'm really hoping they open up Gotham. Having a game that allows you to tear down the streets in the batmobile/batcycle, scale the buildings and swing across. land on the rooftop of Gotham PD where the signal waits for you with Gordon. Get info out of criminals by busting in on their hide outs. Access the real batcave with assistance from Alfred, Oracle etc.

That would be my idea of a perfect sequel.

15. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Considering you said "Anything, hell just tell us what villains are in it," that could be considered a bad example...

16. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    I think Joker will be a "background" villain, he looks to be laid up, or at least weak. He'll be the Godfather, calling the shots, like in the original, but I foresee Two-Face only taking his direction for so long.

Actually I can't see TF taking the Joker's direction for a MOMENT. Two-Face is a pretty independant guy and runs his own show. And he can't stand the Joker's disposition any better than Batman can. He'd be constantly flipping his coin so he coudl put on between the Joker's eyes.

The Joker, by contrast, doesn't like or dislike Harvey any more or less than anyone else.

17. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010

www.igngames.com did an interveiw with mark hamill aka the joker and apparently this is the jokers last laugh in the batman arkham asylum games....

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    ^You may wanna highlight that little tidbit.

Here's a link to the (spoilerish) interview.

19. RC-11

RC-11 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2008
    Despite what people may think I doubt Rocksteady will kill off the Joker just because Hamill is done doing his voice. I'm sure they will just replace him, as much as that will suck.

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    , I'd prefer a late 2011 release date if only for the sake of the end quality of the product.

yeah i agree. i can get impatient with games releasing late as well. but i rather it be done right. there are other great games being relesed in the meantime like , APB, Madden, Halo:Reach, F.E.A.R 3, Fallout:Vegas, New Medal Of Honor, COD:Black Ops. Fable 3 and Crysis 2 are out after Christmas as well. Can't wait for Crysis 2 and Fallout 3 vegas.

21. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I doubt they'll kill off Joker. Lock him away, maybe...but I have a hard time believing Hamill. If this game is a success, he won't have to worry about his kids looking at each other and saying "It tanked," or something. Rocksteady is a capable company.

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Say what?

This is the first time I've heard anything negative about detective vision. The devs think it made the game too easy? I'm the ******* Batman, I very well should be taking out thugs with ease thank you very much! I sure hope they don't remove it from 2, because it was one of the coolest parts about AA.

23. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    That's just the art director being upset that many people stripped away the art to play the game. I only ever turned it on to see around corners anyway, the game looked too nice to always be on X-Ray mode.

24. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    It's one of the main reasons I played through the game a second time - to see Arkham Island without the constant blue tinge :p

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Playing with Detective Vision on ALL the time would've been woefully impractical. It's really up to the player to know when and where to turn it off and on. If you're scoping out a particular are for secrets or hard to glimpse thugs, then keep it on for as long as you need it. But once you reach a certain point in the game where you just want to get from point A to B or just watch the scenery, then yeah, odds are you won't want to have DV on.

Oh yeah, if the sequel is meant to be on a much, much larger setting (as in the entire city of Gotham), I do hope the guys at Rocksteady will come up with some sort of fast-travel system. I know I would've welcomed that option during the latter part of the first game in stead of all the backtracking you were forced to do.