VIDEO Batman: Arkham City (Arkham Asylum 2)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm like Batman, except with papers. :p
  2. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I know the feeling. Too bad papers simply don't go down with 5-hit combos or silent takedowns. :(
  3. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Did a couple combat challenges and the combat system really seems to shine in those.
  4. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    It's all about practice, practice, practice, grasshopper. :p

My favorite has gotta be Funhouse Brawl Extreme. What a nice chaotic mess that is.
  5. Gonk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, the ending custscene disturbed me. Maybe this Batman didn't care that much about Talia (and let's face it, she IS an annoying b*tch of a daddy's girl, in this and any other continuity; that's why I've always rooted for Selina). But Batman lovingly cradling?s Joker?s dead carcass out of there was just wrong.

Gotta agree with this. IMO, the whole obsession thing with Batman and the Joker is all just from the Joker.

If the Joker were to be killed, Batman WOULD NOT CARE. Let me be clear: Batman does not want the Joker to die because he doesn't want anyone to die. But it's not like Batman goes around mourning the deaths of people that rightly deserved it; it's a principle thing, not an emotional one.

Batman essentially does not care if his enemies, say, die from cancer. He doesn't care about that a single whit unless they're Catwoman, Two-Face, Talia or yes, Ra'as Al Gul. The deaths of one of those characters could potentially bother him, all for different reasons. But just about any other character? He doesn't care. If the Joker were to croak of his own accord, he'd do exactly what he does in the Dark Knight Returns: spit on the body and carry on without a second thought.
  6. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    If each hour is a hit, then I had a six-hit combo! Of course, the papers eventually silently took me down...

DLing Robin! Pretty stoked!

EDIT: So I tried out Robin for a bit...he feels kind of clunky, by far the slowest fighter of the bunch. And the more I play as him, the more I hate how dark and brooding Rocksteady made him. Tim Drake is by far the easiest character to relate to in the Bat Universe, but this guy doesn't seem like Tim at all. Would've preferred a more traditional costume, but the Red Robin getup is really nice.
  7. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    He is a robin. He has a more legitimate need to brood than a bat does. ;)
  8. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Don't forget to talk to Calender Man today!
  9. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Thanks for the reminder. I said hello to him earlier today. :D
  10. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Wow...you're seriously gonna do the cheevo legit, aren't you? I mean, I admire your dedication and sense of ethics...but it's just such a long time to wait for a few measly gamer points. :p
  11. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Have to wait for the skin pack. I bought the blu of Year One and, while it was good, I have the graphic novel so I don't really need it. Still nice to have.

I AM TOO! It just seems like too much work to constantly change the date. I'd rather just wait for the dates and go talk to him. Why not? Gives me a reason to keep the game once I've beaten the rest of it. :p
  12. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I have the graphic novel and it annoyed me how many good lines of dialogue they decided to skip or otherwise ignore in the dvd's script. A very faithfhul adaptation though.

Changing the date isn't really too much of a hassle. I think I was more interested in CM's tales than the actual achievement and I just didn't wanna wait one whole year to hear the psycho out.

13. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    PC version came out, pirates having a hard time cracking it. Then the Steam version is dripping with layers of DRM, I'd think twice about installing it. And activation limits.
  14. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Completed the game and finally tracked down all the Riddler items. Oddly, the last Catwoman item I needed was a physical challenge (both super combos in one free flow)...got the challenge while fighting the group in the courthouse, trophy pinged, then I got killed, so the in-game list still shows 439/440 which is annoying. There's no large groups left to fight now, so I'll just have to try via my NG+ run, which I'll start sometime soon. Going to try and get better at fighting in the challenge rooms first...as much as I love clearing out a room of baddies, I'm pretty terrible at it.
  15. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    So I fired it up again with Catwoman and worked on my Punch (square) then Jump (X) rythm and low and behold, got the last Riddler physical challenge taken care of again, then achieved my first 50+ combo in the challenge room (ended up being a 91 hit combo). I was really, really happy about that.

Went ahead and did the Calendar Man trophy too, just to get that out of the way. I've read some places that if you go the "change the system date" method, it can either be glitchy and/or corrupt your save file, but I didn't have any trouble with it. I did pull the internet connection while I was doing this, and I made sure to exit the court house in order to save the date. Be sure to visit him again for a 13th time for a nice little suprize. I made a point to re-visit most of the villians with Catwoman, it's pretty cool that they went thru the extra effort to create a mini-conversation like that.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Delicious skins. Still undecided whether or not it was "worth" paying 400MSP for essentially just the Beyond skin but frankly it looks completely badass and it's encouraging me to actually play Arkham City again instead of MW3 so I'm happy with it for now. Also discovering that the Predator Maps are actually a lot of fun so that's good times as well. Some of the Extreme ones are crazy though. I swear on the Meltdown Mayhem one there isn't even a weak ceiling to destroy for the medal.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    The weak ceiling is inside one of the two offices (where the doctor was being held hostage). You have to go through some vent shafts to get to an interior area that gives you access to the collapsable roof. Spray it with detgel, then make your way out to lure one or more jerks inside and detonate the ceiling.

400MS is so worth it if I get the chance to play the story or maps as paunchy, cranky TDKR Bats. Is that one included with the skin pack as well?
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah brilliant, thanks man. Will have to tackle that one again later.

Yeah, TDKR skin is included. All the pre-order skins are.
  19. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    :p
  20. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just beat the game. Would've liked it if the main story had been a bit longer. Now working on hunting down the remaining several hundred trophies.
  21. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Aw crap! I forgot to make a Yuletide visit to Calendar Man. [face_laugh]
  22. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    So I finished the game and now I'm working on the New Game Plus. I'm officially stuck on Penguin's gladiator pit. The problem is that there's like 30 dudes all around you and it's hard to tell who the ones with the knives are so it's hard to avoid them.

Anyone got tips for this section?

edit: I also REALLY want some story DLC in the future. I'd be really interested to know what Nightwing was up to while Batman was doing his thing in Arkham City.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    EVADE. EVADE. And EVADE some more. So basically you turn Batman into Leaping Jackrabbitman, but more often than not giving yourself some room is more productive than trying to counter one or several armored or knife guys. Evade and hit, evade and hit. That way you can easily build up x5 combos without much fuss for quick special finishers (multiple ground takedown will be your friend there).

As for additional story DLC -- especially involving Bat's troopers -- I think the odds on that are rather slim...
  25. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm beginning to think so, as well. When the game was coming out I was reading from different places that Conroy had done "hours" of extra dialogue and people were theorizing that it was for use with story-driven DLC. However, as the weeks turn into months and months turn into even more months, the likelihood of all that seems to fade. I do have hope, though, that they will release something beyond more maps (Batcave map? C'mon). I did buy the skin pack and did download the free "Thank you" skin of Batman Inc. Looks cool. All the skins look terrific.

There is, however, a chance that episodic DLC may still be incoming. The game is but a few months old and I'd like to believe they'll take their time on episodes should they release them; they have plenty of material to work with.