main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham City (Arkham Asylum 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Derrville

Derrville Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2010
    Doesnt look like Tommy Lee Jones to me.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well thank heavens for that. Why would you want such a lousy version of Two-face here??

3. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I actually like the introduction to Two-Face in Batman Forever, other than that it is the worst version of the character by far. I am looking forward to playing this game but due to the fact that I might be in Basic Training or doing something at the time it comes out I will have to wait, which will suck but ultimitaly be a good choice to see the reviews. All of it looks great to me thus far, I just hope that it is more of Batman instead of Batman mixed with Splinter Cell. I love Splinter Cell but its just the DV was the biggest thing I had with the game.

4. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    It doesn't really look like Jones, but I do like the look. I hope they capture the character well. I'm thankful they didn't do blue, like in TAS, I think that might have been odd.

As for Catwoman...Jolie? More like Audrey Hepburn.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  6. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Really? Wow. I thought that was an advertisement before the actual trailer. I always love seeing Batman kick the crap out of highly trained and [what appear to be] special ops guys.

Sure, it was a CGI trailer but it looked great.

7. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Ditto. Can we now confirm Batman > Sam Fisher?

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Was that even a debate!? :p

9. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Solid Snake would be more of a match for Batman.\

Fisher is weaksauce.

10. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  11. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow I'm behind on my posting.

Saw the new trailer on the VGAs and thought it was fantastic. Sad there was no gameplay but from what I understand, everything Batman did in the trailer is capable in game. They just chose to show everything to us fully rendered rather than in-game. So we can use the environment to our advantage and smash through weak walls, double take-downs, etc. Good stuff.

Not much in way of the story revealed, but still very excited for it. Wondering how it will play out. Still have that hunch they'll take a page from TAS in some respects with Strange. Also hoping they reveal how Strange knows The Batman is Bruce, or maybe it happens as an intro to the main story?

Was it just me or did Strange sound a bit like Christopher Lee in the trailer at first?

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Sometimes he sounds identical, sometimes it's obviously not him. So it's probably someone who just sounds similar. Good voice either way, and I like how Rocksteady went with a physically imposing, serious villain for the sequel as opposed to the Joker's grimly humorous antics from Asylum. Should provide a good contrast between the two games.

13. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah, but Joker is still featured in the game. I doubt he'll be in the back seat the whole game...

14. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Probably not, I can't see the Joker not playing a major part in the game. Now doesn't Hugo Strange play a major part?

15. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    He appears to be the main antagonist.

16. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    With the joker on what appears to be his deathbed, is this suppossed to be what appears to be Harley trying to be flirty with Batman?:eek: Competeing with Catwoman? (Even though everyone knows from past experiences that Batman seems to be almost iron-willed impervious to the seduction of hot female vilanesses, yet hangs out with a teenage boy in tights.) Makes one wonder.:p

But in all seriousness this looks interesting, I can't really tell if shes trying to insult him, or be flirty.[face_thinking]

I got Arkham Asylum for X-mas on PS3 and i'm stuck on what appears to be the final boss (Joker-Bane venom mutant) Damn stungun thugs!!!!!

P.S. all this Batman put me in the mood to change my icon.

17. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Click.

For those who haven't seen it, Gameplay trailer titled "No Place for a Hero". Looks great. October is so far away.

18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks awesome doesn't it?

19. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Love that cover art.

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Awesome trailer with an equally fantastic piece of music attached to it. Reminded me a helluva lot of that first Assassin's Creed teaser with that "Lonely Soul" theme.

This game, Gears 3 and ME3 will definitely comprise my must-buy trio of games for this year.

21. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    My quartet of must-buy games are Portal 2, Arkham City, Skyrim and ME3.

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002

That trailer is indeed pretty cool. I'll have to add it to my list for 2012, which so far includes Mortal Kombat and Mass Effect 3.

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    this, pretty much. have to get ahold of 240 dollars. lovely.

24. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    This game is definately on my must buy list.

25. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Anyone seen the shots of Riddler?

[image=http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/images/igallery/original//101-200/053_Rescue-113.jpg]

[image=http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/images/igallery/original//101-200/057_RiddlerBackTVs-114.jpg]

[image=http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/images/igallery/original//101-200/434_Riddler_15-112.jpg]

Looks great. Kinda like Jackie Earl Haley and Hugh Laurie in the last pic lol.