main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham City (Arkham Asylum 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Gun or no gun? That's what I'm wondering. 'Cause if there's no gun, it's gonna be REALLY tough. :p

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Best Buy hardly gets "real" exclusives. Unless they're system specific, most retailer exclusive become available for download within a few months.

Doubtful. The developers seem to be trying hard not to just import characters. They seem to borrow iconic characteristics of their lead characters from throughout history, but they won't just *PLOP* in a direct iteration from a separate source; it's my understanding they're putting together their own look/continuity for the games. I imagine Robin will have some familiar characteristics, but nothing huge. I am curious who Robin will be. [face_thinking]

For TAS purists who love this game and the use of classic V/O actors so dearly (such as myself), this is a huge deal. Sure it isn't game breaking by any means, but it is a big deal to those of us who appreciate continuity and the nostalgia of classic voice actors/actresses.

3. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    The only thing that's gonna make me not want to buy this game is if Mark Hamill isn't voicing the Joker. But he is, so there.

Let's just hope Robin doesn't suck. :p

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    And I'll understand... if Strong's voice is so obviously different to be distracting. From what I've heard -- which is admittedly a very small amount -- she's doing a decent job with her imitation and isn't trying to make the role "her own".

Hard difficulty doesn't make sense? Dude, Batman is Batman because he makes very difficult challenges look easy, not because they are easy. Showing how easily Batman could be taken down if he made a slip only further emphasises how awesome he is for not making them.

If you want to play easy... play easy. I feel more like Batman when I kick hard's ass. (Though I still haven't done all the combat challenges :_| )

I'd be all for other characters making hard even harder, though. :p

5. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    CONFIRMED, Tim Drake is Robin in Batman: AC's continuity. It's been well noted that a "Flying Graysons" poster was spotted in an early trailer. I'll guess, in the Arkham City continuity, Grayson will be Nightwing, though I doubt he'll make an appearance.

Also, as we all guessed, seems Best Buy will only have the Robin exclusive for a short time.

Link.

6. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Mark Hamill signed up for Twitter a couple weeks back, and the other night he was taking fan questions.
    [face_thinking] [face_praying]

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I love Tim Drake. True fanservice would be if we could beat up Jason Todd :p

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Translation: They parked a truck of cash on his front lawn and he had a change of heart. :p

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    And then he set it on fire, because that's what the Joker does to piles of money. ;)

10. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    [image=http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/images/igallery/original//101-200/BAC_360_PACKSHOT_UK_2D-198.jpg]

Box art revealed.

11. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Ooohhhh! I love the bloody knuckles :)

12. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yes apparently Batman is beating the player up.

"QUIT MAKING ME DIE (PUNCH) FIGHTING RANDOM THUGS (PUNCH) LEARN TO USE THE COMBOS (PUNCH, PUNCH)"

13. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I like it but the empty space on the top left leaves something to be desired.

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Kind of... weak. It'll probably grow on me though. Asylum's was much cooler.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That's what Ledger's Joker did.

THIS is what Hamill's Joker does.

and that's what Nicolson's Joker does. :p

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, I never bothered with the combos (much). Though I did manage to beat up those 20 goons before the finale. On my 3rd try. Hm, Batman might have a point :p

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

[face_laugh]

Seriously though, I like that cover art. Should've known they'd follow up on the very noirish publicity shots they've done so far.

18. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    [image=http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1177294/batman-arkham-city-20110620025207939.jpg]

Looks solid. Also, confirmed not a re-skin; has his own moves and gadgets. Playable on all challenge maps and two exclusives, one including Black Mask's hideout. Also, alternate Red Robin costume confirmed. 

Needless to say...bought at Best Buy. 

As for the combat, I've always found the combo/free-flow very functional and rewarding. My best is a 70-something (uninterrupted) hit combo. To see it's being improved upon is pleasing to me. Looking forward to the new challenge maps...can't wait to see more people with .30 second completion times. Lol...

19. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Sooo... does he remind anyone else of Cole McGrath? It's probably just the haircut but that was the first thing I thought of.

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Reminds me of this.

[image=http://www.space-debris.com/bat_odonnell_robin.jpg]

21. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Ugh. Let's not go there. That movie was terrible.

22. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    HA...hardly.

[image=http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1177294/batman-arkham-city-20110620041631503.jpg]

The buzzed/short haircut does give a Cole/Starkiller look and Tim Drake always wore his hair a bit longer, but I think this look is great and absolutely fitting for the feel of the game. Doesn't look like O'Donnel at all.

23. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Never said it did. Why do people always replace "reminds me of" with "it looks like"?

24. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Because this is the Internet. DUH...lol, j/k :-B

25. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Well I don't read comics, so my only Robin references are Burt Ward and Chris O'Donnell. [face_shhh]