main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

Batman: Arkham Origins revealed!

Check the link for all the info (it's not being developed by Rocksteady).

Is it weird that I'm more excited for the 3DS spin-off? 2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game? Yes please.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Arkham Asylum & Arkham City are both excellent games, I hope Arkham Origins will be too.

I wonder if Joker is going to feature, given Hamill isn't voicing him anymore.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Not having Rocksteady as a developer is kinda scary. But I'm still very interested!

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Hopefully I'll have a 360 before this is released. Will definatly get the 3DS one too.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can't wait! Going to have to fight my brother for it though [face_laugh]

6. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Im excited about it, glad they are making a prequel instead of a sequel :)

7. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    This should be exciting - I'm just starting 'Arkham City' now and enjoyed 'Asylum' a lot. I hope this will expand on the winning style of the first two but deliver something fresh at the same time.

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I like Deathstroke being featured as a villain. Not sure beyond that, though, simply because there's not a hell of a lot of info. E3 ought to bring a lot of news!

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm curious about the 3DS version. I'm going to wait until I see some gameplay footage or something for it though.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    hamill backtracked on that. he said he'd still do it if the situation/script was right.

and i'm taking a wait and see approach with this one. given that it's not rocksteady making it i'm not sure what to think about it.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I guess Joker isn't really an assassin type of character, that seems to be mostly what this game focuses on so we'll likely get Deadshot and others. I presume Ra's will show up at some point.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Can't wait for this game

13. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I kinda hope Joker isn't in the game at all. Give some more villains a chance to shine.

14. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    i am 95% sure i saw something about 6 months ago that said in this game we are gonna see when Batman first meets The Joker.

i'll try to find a link.

15. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    nevermind.

just saw where Variety reported that about year ago but now Batman's first meeting with The Joker has developed into a completely different game that will be released no sooner than 2014 and may set up the founding of the Justice League. that game sounds awesome.

i'm not so sure about this Arkham Origins one. it's not gonna be made by Rocksteady and that has me a little wary and i'm not sure who they can use as "assassins." Deathstroke is boss and Deadshot is ok I guess, but who after that? The Huntress?..... but then again, Ra's Al-Ghul does have a whole team of assassins lol.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Huntress isn't really an assassin. She's just a vigilante that's okay with using deadly force.

You have the League of Assassins, you have Deathstroke, Deadshot, Shado, Cheshire, Prometheus, Brutale, Dr. Darrk, Sensei, Nyssa Raatko, David Cain...

Let's not forget that Black Mask is being set up as the big bad.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Always enjoy seeing Slade Wilson in other media!

Seriously considering getting a DS for the Blackgate game, too.

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Double post for the full trailer!

Deathstroke: The Game - and that's not a bad thing!

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, not quite as excited after Arkham City's ending didn't quite work for me (mainly a few loose threads, never bothered with the DLC), not to mention new developer, but they always did produce awesome trailers. Also, sadly Kevin Conroy isn't voicing Batman in this game, although he's still supposed to have a role in this game, of who, well, that's the mystery. They've got some other big names for Batman and the Joker already though. Which as an origin game I don't mind too much. Although I think Mark Hamill did the Joker for one of those Spike award show skits anyway (where the Joker tossed away an "Arkham World" script or something like that, but that was mostly just a gag anyway).

There's no shortage of assassins or other Batman or even DC villains to fall back on. Solomon Grundy isn't a foe Batman usually tangles with, but he still won (of course). A preview already mentioned one sidequest involving a... Robin villain usually? I think, although I'm not entirely familiar with all that history.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I like the idea of a prequel game, and I really like the idea of getting away from the Joker-centred stories of the last two games. I enjoy the criminal aspect of this, and I like the villains they've chosen; that said, yeah, it would be nice with Conroy (apparently he's not in this game but another Arkham-verse game entirely) as Batman, but perhaps the series needs to get away from the massive shadow of the previous two entries. That's why the prequel angle works, in my opinion, as it gives them a fairly blank slate to work with.

Kotaku reported that the game felt extremely similar to Arkham City but that they had massively expanded the investigation sequences - they seemed bummed out that it's such a similar game in terms of feel, but I don't see that as a bad thing if they can deliver a great story and expand on certain aspects of the gameplay.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Why drop a good format? The new Tomb Raider game copied much of the Arkham games format and it was a good game.

This looks like it could be great, like the other two.

Penguinator likes this.
  23. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I loved Asylum and City so having more of the same gameplay isn't a bad thing at all.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So why does Batman wear this nifty Nolanesque armor in this prequel but then decides to ditch it a few years down the road during the sequels? 8-}

25. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    So he can wear something better looking later on. ;)