main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So, in those latter games, no matter how you may be driving, they always veer to the right?

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Or you turn and it understeers until you find a way to violently wrench it around the corner, yes. :p

3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't really remember feeling incredibly burned by AC4. AC4 was a very enjoyable experience...except when it went back to being Assassin's Creed and stopped being Pirates Creed here and there.

Given the aforementioned gripe, AC Unity's gameplay trailer impressed me by how Ubisoft seems to have retooled the (increasingly) stale gameplay mechanics of the series by throwing in coop. I don't read too much about games, so I'm left wondering if this coop feature can be applied towards the story mode or if it's a separate multiplayer mode only. Either way, looks nice.

Back to Batman, yeah that suit was definitely more Iron Man-esque. I admit to being more a fan of an armored Batsuit than the traditional blue/gray tights, but this struck me as overkill. As for the gameplay we saw, I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'm willing to jump back into the Arkham setting. Arkham Origins (which I still have yet to finish) left a stain on my experience with the series, so I'm probably going to be unnecessarily picky about this one and unreasonably expect/demand it to not only erase the sour taste of Origins but to also outperform Asylum and City by a considerable margin. :p

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Folks were critical of the Origins suit, too, and it looked fine in the end. The outfit looks great in motion, they just want to show off a bit with all that fancy stuff. Anyways, Rocksteady have said that the suit starts as the Asylum/City suit, but Batman soups it up as the game progresses.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah every shot of that suit gives the impression it's an even more armoured variant than the blue-grey armour from Asylum/City.

Soon the actual trilogy will be complete and we can forget the abortive 'efforts' that are Origins for good!

heels1785 and 07jonesj like this.
  6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Just noticed something in the gameplay demo - Oracle mentions Penguin is hiding out on "Miagani Island" and is protected by the Arkham Knight's drone forces. The Miagani are the native American people Batman encounters when he's sent back in time by Darkseid's Omega Sanction. The Miagani are the "bat people," and during Batman's encounter with them and Blackbeard in the early 18th century, it's implied that they're the descendants of the prehistoric early homo sapiens Batman met in a previous life.

I love the little details like that.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The Return of Bruce Wayne sounds absolutely preposterous anytime it's written down. It's a really fun read, but damn does seeing Batman and Blackbeard in the same sentence make me chuckle.

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It's still the coolest thing ever though :p

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

As was this...

[​IMG]

07jonesj likes this.
  10. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
  11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Um..it's a panel out of a comic book written by a certified insane, drug-addled bloke name of Grant Morrison. Thus the pirate Batman vs. the pirate Joker. :-|

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If by "Grant Morrison" you mean "Chuck Dixon."

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh? That's not from the Return of Bruce Wayne? My bad.

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Morrison's drug years were the eighties and nineties, he's a pretty normal dude nowadays except he lets his imagination run wild.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Far too wild, IMO. I had a hard time digging his more modern stuff back before I kicked the comic buying habit.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Morrison's insight into Batman is amazing. You take that back, Invidious!

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    His Batman run was pretty down to earth, honestly; most of the weirdness was coming from the material he was writing a love letter to. Or maybe I just got so used to The Filth that everything else seems tame. One of those.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, a new official release date has been announced- June 2, 2015. Guess they had a lot more to work on. As well as several expensive editions- a $100 version with a bunch of stuff including a Batman statue, and a $200 edition with everything except for the Batman statue as it instead has a transforming Batmobile statue. That Batmobile looks really tempting. Hm, long ways off until June next year, maybe I'll be able to get enough money together for that edition.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    So far away it is.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Here it is. While I don't really want to be laying down £170, man does that Batmobile look good. Apparently it transforms too.

[​IMG]

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good grief, that is a thing of beauty.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    That is a $200 thing of beauty.

The $100 thing of beauty has a statue of Batman.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Welp, I better start saving and thinking of ways I can justify to my wife spending so much dough on that. :p

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    It would be a nice addition to my Batmobile collection (which currently only includes the Hot Wheels replica of the '89 Batmobile :p). But I've never spent so much money on a game before. But damn, I want those statues. Both of them. Just damn.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm a bit sad we haven't seen much about this since E3. That was a great reveal but you'd think they'd be hyping things up a bit more, especially at Europe's big gaming expos. I want to see more than some free-roaming.