main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Aw no, finally found an info source on the Riddler Bomb bit and the damn 'throw remote batarang through electricity and then hit target' is back!

Bugger that for a lark. Still, at least - so far - they made it optional this time.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    One of the worst things about this PC port that has gone mostly unmentioned, but is absolutely atrocious in itself, was how they snuck the altered system requirements out like a shameful, wet squib of a fart. I had a compatible graphics card during the pre-order phase, and this was changed just minutes before the steam version unlocked.

Ultimately this is a moot point considering it runs horribly even on the recommended PC builds, but I find this to be incredibly shady none-the-less. This is mainly down to the fact that if it wasn't for the good graces of several realease delays this game would have launched before Steam enacted their refund policy.

All the more reason not to pre-order if you're a PC gamer I guess. On the plus side, because it's a hot mess I've saved myself some money to upgrade my GPU, and I can always get the Game of the Year edition next year without having to spend £50 on shady DLC practices! Thanks WB Interactive!

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I've either made it through a quarter of the story or half, I'm not sure if all the sidequests count as story completion or not. Although its still fun playing as Batman, starting to get bogged down by repetitive tank battles or random mook encounters. I can see why they would subtract a few points for the Batmobile. It sure looks awesome, but driving it around isn't quite as fun.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    All sidequests must be completed in order to obtain 100% story completion and see the true ending of the game.

5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    So, YouTube will be how most people finish the game? :p

Darth_Invidious, Jedi Ben and Ramza like this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The final cutscene is just that clip of Hideo Kojima asking "DID YOU LIKE IT?" but with a Batman mask superimposed over his face.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Damn, beaten to it.

Back to the game - one of the best new additions is the Fear Multi-Takedown!

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Already did.

Mass Effect 3 meets Dark Knight Rises. Yeah, I find it that crappy. :(

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Pick up a X1 for Witcher 3 then :p

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Nope. Didn't care much for part 2. And the great motivator will be a bundle that includes 2015 (hopefully) GOTY (definitely) Fallout 4.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    So I am trying (and failing) to play the PC version. I keep getting this error: "This version of directx is not supported by this title"

The baffling thing for me is though, I have DirectX 11, which is listed as the minimum requirement for DirectX. Anyone have any suggestions for fixes?

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Return the game and get a refund? Seems quite a few PC gamers have done precisely that.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have tried that (waiting to hear back from the seller) but I really would like to try and get it to work, as I'm sure you can imagine I really want to play this game lol

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, I can well imagine but the accounts being posted of the sheer craptitude of the PC port are quite stunning in their awfulness.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Perhaps the PC version should have been called Watch_Dogs Asylum.

16. Sirdi

Sirdi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2015
    I saw all the negative reviews on steam and decided not to buy the thing. Instead, I went with Elder Scroll Online. So far, it's probably a lot more fun than what the PC players are dealing with. What shame.

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

Man they ****ed this one up hard.

Edit: They're apparently very much encouraging people to seek Steam refunds, so at least they're handling it in a reasonably classy fashion, I guess.

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    actually i loved the first game, but since then the combat is just too timing centric for my taste.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely it isn't that hard for Rocksteady to make a PC version of the game that is tailored to the format. Why port a console version? PC offers them the chance to do so much with the game given the graphics & frame rate capabilities

21. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I wonder if Rocksteady can sue the third party for harming sales of their product.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Er, I don't think so. Both Rocksteady as the developer and WB as the publisher have an equal degree of responsibility on this. If testing for the PC version prior to launch date showed the severity of the issues, the decision should've been made immediately to postpone the launch of the PC version until the issues had been fixed. I don't see why they couldn't borrow a page from the Rockstar book and simply launch the console versions first and the PC version later (or much later) when it'd be damn good and ready.

Yeah, it'd suck for PC players, but if WB were a responsible publisher, they should've made that announcement just like they did with the issues regarding the collector's edition.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I still don't get how this has been such a disaster though.

Let's face it, this is the AAA title of the year. By far the most anticipated title for PC alongside GTA V. There really is no excuse and a narrow deadline should not have been met. Don't forget that this is also Arkham's finale. There should have been way more care. Again, I really hope the third party developer gets their comeuppance because the ball has been dropped severely and it's reflected negatively on Rocksteady at the expense of sales, both current and future when they relaunch it. I was going to buy the game via retail next week when I get paid. Think i'm going to do it now? More like 2016.

Seriously, this has got to be a first for a AAA title to be withdrawn from sale at such short notice.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this is why you never pre-order!

25. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Hey guys it's me, Frrrraannccissshhhhh.....

Poor Boogie was in hospital recently too :(

thejeditraitor likes this.