main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  2. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Finished Arkham Knight last week and loved - still got all the riddles to do but otherwise most is all done. I'd be really keen for a Superman game though that'd be horrendously difficult to pull off without doing it poorly or feeling OP.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I loved Lego Batman 2 when I had superman. Nothing beat flying around Gotham with Williams' Superman March blaring as I flew.

I also thought the game play mechanics for the Superman Returns game were pretty good. The big things he has are strength, speed, eye beams, cold breath and flight. So it is possible they could modify the existing Arkham control scheme to work that in. But Superman is not a subtle character. So no need for gadgets or puzzles when he can just rip the wall out and walk in for example. And bullets won't do a lot of good unless everyone gets kryptonite.

I would far rather have a Flash game. Flash is someone who can use his brains. His Rogues gallery is pretty decent overall. He could offer some cool things like vibrating through walls. And he'd allow for a large city like knight had only he'd be running through it.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    And still that game is the only medium to see the Justice League. That gane was good but TCW one was better.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    what was the name of the first batman? arkham origins? that game was awesome. have not liked the last couple, and have not played this. if the combat mechanic is the same, i might not like it. Gamespot gave this a 7 out of 10. Does not bode well for me liking it.

6. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Origins was the latest before Arkham Knight and served as a prequel to Asylum.

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yep, loved Arkham Asylum. I will probably give this new one a spin from gamefly sometime.

8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Batgirl DLC released for owners of season pass.

The thing took me about two hours to run through, including the time it took to find and destroy all joke teeth and other collectibles. The story is pretty weak and Joker is underused. I found Batgirl fun to play as and the environment was pretty cool and a decent size considering I was playing a completely new area. Also given the fact that I'm not a hardcore DC fan, Tim Drake being involved didn't affect me one bit and I was able to enjoy this DLC for what it is- a fun sized enjoyable story add on giving us a new character to play with at the same time. 8.5/10

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I have to do Riddler Challenges to free Catwoman or she gets killed by an exploding collar?

Deal. The cat can die.

TryWhistlingThis likes this.
  10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

For a one and only time, i'm actually glad you chose not to use spoiler tags - honestly. The reason why I always preferred Asylum over City is because the latter took me out of the game by having me play Catwoman at certain points. It's a Batman game, keep it that way and make a spin-off or DLC if you really want Catwoman material. As for Catwoman dying, I don't care. I have a city to save, the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few.

When I finally get to play this on PC, I won't bother with the Riddler stuff.

JediMatteus likes this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Unfortunately, if you don't, you don't get 100% completion, see the "real ending" or catch a scene prior to that where
    she and Bruce snog for a bit before he bids her farewell, also telling her that he (or rather the Batman) needs no become "something else" - something more fearsome - thus confirming that the Bat monster thing at the end is simply him as supernatural boogeyman urban legend.

But ultimately, yeah, jumping through so many riddle-shaped hoops to get all that is so not worth the hassle.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't care, that's what YouTube's for.

13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, the Riddler trophies are annoying. Interrogating Riddler informants is slightly tedious (half the time I call the Batmobile it accidentally runs over the informant), and then just running around the map so much is boring after a while. And I prefer Riddler's City design, though his Knight design does show how he's gotten even more crazy since. Him ranting on the TV is funny though.

Even funnier when after the main ending, he refuses to believe that Batman is Bruce Wayne, thinking that its all some elaborate hoax. And the true ending isn't that, that great, unfortunately. I prefer closure and less ambiguity, though I like the main ending well enough. Nice to finally get back at that Joker hallucination and the final confrontation with Scarecrow plays out mostly as Batman expects (not how he would have preferred, but he knew Jason would follow him).

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Agreed. That's how I've "played" the game.

SilentGuy66 and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Riddler challenges are only annoying for me the first time round when it comes to the second playthrough I have them all memorised- thank you autism:p

16. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Oh man "Riddler" When I get to meet him for the final battle there's going to be no holding back, Man I hate that guy. His races are insane, I can't remember which are called which but there's one you have to do in exactly 1 minute (My best time 1.00.33), and another one which you have to do in 42 seconds (hence my best time of 43.56, followed by 44.78, 44.12, 44.32 and so on). And those tank challenges, don't even get me started on those.

Apart from that it's a pretty cool game, and one that I'm very much enjoying.

17. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I think I heard somewhere Joker will be getting his own AR challenges (along with the rest of the characters) and if that's the case I'd love a Cesar Romero skin complete with visible mustahce:D

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Catwoman was optional content in Arkham City.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Batmobile is overused. However, I'm loving the game.

Very, very dark and sinister at times.

20. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Just finished the game.

Overall, it was very close to being a masterpiece like City and Asylum, but fell short on a few aspects (ahem, forced batmobile missions).

The side missions are all pretty fun, story is good but not quite as good as the other 2. Especially with how predictable the "twist" was.

Still an easy 8/10 for me, maybe even a bit higher. Great way to wrap up the franchise none the less.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    btw, Batman "doesn't kill"

....lost count how many I killed with the batmobile cannon and guns.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Batman doesn't kill. Those were rubber bullets.

Honest.

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Oh you definitely do enough damage that, in the real world, Batman would be a mass murderer. Hell, he'd be a killer with his fists alone, do you see how hard those dudes get hit? But it's the world of Batman, and thus if he doesn't kill, he doesn't kill.

Anyways: I actually really like the Batmobile. Tank battles are my new favourite thing. I think the game struck a great balance, personally, though the central idea that Batman is sort of falling apart and failing all night doesn't hold up considering just how OP you are in the game.

And indeed, I'm really thinking there was a missed opportunity for

Batman to just totally lose his mind, then force himself into the "backup personality" contingency plan and become the Batman of Zurr-En-Arrh. This **** is canon, too, and would easily fit in with the whole "THE JOKER IS TAKING OVER" angle.

Nobody145 and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I think the parts where you run thugs over and they're only "shocked" by the taser is probably stretching things more, but you're the goddamn Batman, who cares, they'll be fine. ;)

Some parts that require the Batmobile are somewhat annoying, but I somewhat like the use of the Batmobile in puzzles and mostly like it in battles too. Mostly I just love all the commentary- an army invades Gotham with hundreds of tanks, intent on killing Batman? Batman rolls out the new Batmobile, part super-car, part-tank and proceeds to start blowing things up. It'll take more than that to slow down Batman (which is probably why certain other plots were added to slow him down more).

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It's all non-fatal because the game says so - and that's all we need, really :p

Edit: HOLY **** PHOTO MODE YOU MAGNIFICENT BEAUTY YOU

[​IMG]

darthcaedus1138 and Nobody145 like this.