main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I hate to break it to you, but incremental "innovation" is basically the vidya industry in a nutshell :p I get what you mean, though - it's pretty frustrating to want all these exciting and cool things but then force yourself to tone down that excitement. Arkham Origins is supposed to have the best writing of the series so far, akin to Scott Snyder's work on the comics with a bit of Alan Moore and Frank Miller thrown in. That plus more of the same? As a Batman fan, I'm sold. I'm sure I'll dislike a few things, just as I disliked a few things in Asylum and City, but we'll see. These games have continuously surprised me, so even if it's a new team, I feel like the franchise has been good to me.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Anyone tried the multiplayer yet?

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    So far this is exactly the same gameplay as Arkham City and that is absolutely fine. :D

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    THIS FREAKING DEATHSTROKE FIGHT IS TICKING ME OFF

Rant over :p

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Electrocutioner...what a great joke! :p

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Least he is easier to beat :p

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Damn, the digital download is 26GB :oops:

I have a 40GB limit, may have to do it in stages :p

8. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    So far so good with playing Arkham Origins and I have played a bit in the challenge mode with Deathstroke and Batman. And I gotta say I geeked out a bit when I saw and then played as the 1960s TV Series Adam West Batman the only let down is they didn't try to get Adam West to voice that version of Batman which to me would have been awesome.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Finally beat Deathstroke, jeeze he was pain in the ass

10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    On what difficulty are you playing the game if I may ask?

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't open this if you don't want to be spoiled

Black Mask is not the Main Villain, it's Joker

13. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Legolas Skywalker
    I see well I think no matter what Deathstroke is hard because sometimes you have to counter even when they don't tell you to do so I guess it would too easy if they did that every time.

I wish when you beat Deathstroke you gained a new skin of him unmasked that you could play in the Challenge Maps. Because I thought even in his unmasked form he is still a badass.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

That's the thing, i press Y, and Batman doesn't counter, cause apparently i was pressing it too early, so the best way i was able to beat him was to keep pressing B+Y and attack once or twice

15. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Legolas Skywalker
    Yeah if you counter too early you get hit thats what they showed me when I got hit a few times.

Where I am stuck in Arkham Origins:
    I am stuck where you have to infiltrate GCPD from the roof when you are investigating what appears to be Black Masks m urder. And there are so many officers on the roof I don't know what to do I feel I am supposed to use the concussion grenade or whatever it was called but I guess I am having difficulty using it well.

I also wanna mention the new feature that I love that really shows more of the detective aspect of the game and that is
    how you can rewind a crime scene and actually see what exactly happened at least based on the evidence you find.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Kran Starborn

There wasn't many officers on the roof when i went there, do they have guns? if so, play stealthily

17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Yes they all have guns and there is even a sniper on a rooftop nearby.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Sneak up behind him and knock him out, then find ways to take down the others stealthily, smoke pellets would work, sneaking up behind them and concussion

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I assumed so but in all the Arkham games for me Stealth wasn't my best skill like I didn't do so well when I had to do that well I did do what needed to be done but I could have done better i think.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Playing Stealth isn't too hard, you mostly need to take them out when they are alone to succeed for that

21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Do we need to put everything we say in a spoiler? And I know the only thing that slows me down is trying to be quick to get back in the darkness to get the rest of the people probably because you kind of have to quickly scramble to get your view back on a area where you can grapple real quick.

22. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I agree somewhat. Although I am not sure I like the more Nolan-y aesthetic in this one(I'm not the only one who hears Bane's theme in the Origins soundtrack, am I?). Also it seems to be impossible to 100% because one of the radio towers is bugged and can't be turned back on. I hope that gets patched soon.

I tried to try it but no one was playing. I'll have to give it another go soon, after everyone has moved on from the single player.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Which tower is that? So far, I've had no problems turning them back on

24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    How come in every Arkham game The Riddler has never been one of the big villains you go up against in a big way? Like he wasn't one of the main villains he was just one of the side villains but you never really went up against him specifically.

25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

http://www.gameskinny.com/xhmdi/bat...ley-tower-glitch-other-common-bug-issue-fixes