main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story (Batman) Batman: Year One Updated: Chapter 1 (5/15)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Zorkel567, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    This is my story on the beginning of Batman's career. It is not based off the graphic novel as I have not read it but it may contain some related material.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Batman. It is owned by DC Comics.

Title: Batman: Year One
    Characters: Batman, Alfred, Sal Maroni, Harvey Dent, Pamela Isley, etc...
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Prologue:
    One night, many a years ago, a family of three exited a theatre. Some of Gotham City's finest, they were ambushed by a common street thug, Joe Chill. He murdered the two elders but left their son, Bruce. Bruce left Gotham City and vowed never to return, leaving a good friend of his parents', Lucius Fox, as the head of Wayne Enterprises.

He trained hard in martial arts and hand- to- hand combat. But while he was gone, his once beloved city fell apart. Mobs took over the city, and crime took over the police department. Two years ago, a huge mob war erupted, between Carmine Falcone and Sal Maroni. In the end, Maroni won, taking half the city down with him...

The young Wayne returns, to find corrupt cops, angry mobsters, a vicious mayor... Enter "Batman: Year One"

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    How absolutely cool is this!!!! if you're keeping a PM list, i'd love on it for updates. :D

:)

3. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    Sure. This will be my first time doing a PM list so you'll be my first, and only, one on.
    Thanks for checking the story out. :)

Other news: Hopefully Chapter 1 should be up tomorrow. Also, this is my first in a series of Batman stories with four sequals planned and four spin-offs in the works. Also, I'd like to create a dramatis persona for it so I hope that'll be up soon. That's all for now.

PM LIST:
    jade_eyes

4. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    Dramatis Persona:
    *Alfred Pennyworth- Loyal butler to the Wayne family
    *Arnold Flass- Gotham city Police Department detective and partner to James Gordan
    *Batman- Dark vigilante that protects Gotham city
    *Bruce Wayne- 22 year old heir to the Wayne fortune
    *Frank Noone- Mayor of Gotham city
    *Gillian B. Loeb- Gotham City Police Department commissioner
    *Harvey Dent- District Attorney for Gotham City
    *James Gordan- Gotham City cop
    *Lucius Fox- Head of Wayne Enterprises
    *Sal Maroni- Head crime boss in Gotham City
    *Vicki Vale- Reporter for the Gotham Gazette

Chapter 1: Return to Gotham

The whir of the rotor blades fill the air. A crowd cheers below. Only two men sit aboard the copter. In the cockpit, preparing for the descent, is the pilot. In the main chamber is a man. He sits, legs crossed, hands on knees, meditating.

He is finally returning to the city from which he left twelve years ago. He had said he wouldn?t return, but here he is.

Images flash in his mind. He stands there, a small, ten year old boy. Two gunshots, his parents slumping to the ground. Someday, he promises himself, I?ll find that man. I?ll avenge them.

A thump. He?s home. Gotham City. The door is ripped an there stand two men that somedays, he?d thought he?d never see again. He steps out to a crowd of press.

Bright camera flashes. Microphones appear in his face. He pushes them away.

A reporter steps in his path. ?I?m Vicki Vale,? she says. ?I?m from the Gotham Gazette. Why, Mr. Wayne, did you disappear? And why, with the crime at its fullest, have you returned??

The man pushes the microphone away and she scrawls something furiously on her notepad. The crowd is still cheering.

Suddenly, time seems to slow. Everything quiets down. A bulky shape flies out of the crowd. A muscular arm seizes his waist and the bulky figure keeps flying toward the edge of the roof, battling his way through the crowd. He heads toward the railing.

As the two hit the railing, the man grabs the bars and flips over, his assaulter grabbing his waist, the ground a few hundred meters below. His attacker tries to get a better grip. He grabs the man?s pants, trying to get a solid hold. He doesn?t.

His screams echo through the night, followed by a sickening thump. The man flips himself back over the railing and a swarm of body guards surround him.

Two days later?

?Right now,? Alfred said, ?the evidence points to one of Maroni?s men.?

?Why attack ME, though?? Bruce Wayne, heir to the Wayne fortune, asked.

?We think your return to Gotham might have sparked it. Before the city became? like this?. Gotham was home to many rich people. The Cobblepots, along with many others, resided here. But after crime hit the city hard, they all pulled out. Everyone except Wayne Enterprises. No companies have expressed coming here except a company called LuthorCorp. He?s probably afraid that with your return, more companies may try to return. Because of that, to keep the companies here, the city may try to crack down on wiping up the crime. But, then again, with all the dirty cops-?

?Dirty cops? How many??

?Mr. Wayne, you have a lot to catch up on. But almost all cops are dirty. Along with you returning, Gotham City, which you to be one of the biggest and most well known cities in the United States, is starting to gain its reputation back. Like, did you here, Waylon Jones of ?Crocodile Fighter? is planning to film an episode here??

?Yes I did. But, on another note, do you know anyone in town? Anyone that could help on this crime problem??

?I know the District Attorney, Harvey Dent. He?s a clean man. And he also knows one of the, if not only, clean cop in Gotham. I?ll introduce you. Why??

?Thank you Alfred. I have a plan. For the last twelve years, I have trained my body and mind. I have become stronger. I plan to rise up and defeat all the crime. I?ll do it for my parents, who had a bright vision for this city. But I need a disguise, a symbol that will strike fear into the hearts of these criminals.?

?Like a? like a bat, Mr.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM and the update was cool. =D= Enjoyed Bruce's back story. :) Glad he's going to take on the crime bosses. :D

Something like that is needed in Chicago IMHO -- their crime rate is through the roof o_O

6. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    Thank you. A couple updates:

1) I dad hoped to get Chapter 2 up tonight but cannot. It is in my French notebook (long story there) and I left it at school.

2)Hopefully within the next week I will be able to get it up. I am going to be gone over the weekend (Star Wars Weekend) and will not have computer access.

3) Also, to let my readers know, I have Chapters 2+3, of both this and Green Lantern: Year One, written, and hope to get them posted soon. Superman: Year One, on the other hand, isn't going so well. I started to write Chapter 1 and got really bored. We'll have to see where that ends up.

4) Finally, one last thing. I may not be writing these as fast as I have been for the next couple of weeks. I'm working on a different project, Disney Wars, which has been posted and closed down as it was in the wrong forum. I'm really excited for it and can't wait to post it.

That's all for now. Thanks folks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.