main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman Begins **Contains Possible Spoilers**

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    For those of you Batman fans out there want to remain spoiler free, go no further!!

Well, I know most of us here already know about this film, but to be honest, I have been avoiding paying any interest in it (even though I'm a big Christian Bale fan) after the bloody awefull Batman and Robin.... until just now anyway.

I decided to have a look at the Official Site, and ended up watching the 2 trailers they have for it!

The short teaser was ok, a true teaser that gives nothing away.

Then I saw it, the main trailer, and I have to say it looks awesome!!

From what I can see, it is certainly alot more hard edged than the 4 movies that came before it (or 5 if you really want to include Adam West's one lol), not to mention alot more real location based rather than studio, which instantly gives it a different feel from the other films.

It's dark, but not in the Tim Burton sense.

But, I have to skip now, as what really surprised me, was seeing Liam Neeson in a kind of Qui-Gon Jinn role, playing what appears to be Bruce Wayne's mentor and trainer (including sword fighting). Apart from the fact he has short hair in it, he has the beard and to me, even talked the same way Qui_Gon did.

I'll stop there, so if you haven't seen the trailer, I suggest you watch it NOW!!

All I will say is though, Bale is perfect for the role! If you have seen him in Equilibrium, you'll know I speak the truth! And with a supporting cast that includes Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Cain and rather strangely, Rutger Hauer, I can't see this film doing badly!

Roll on Summer 2005!!!

[image=http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/batmanbegins/images/poster/batman_begins_poster.jpg]

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I just hope theres some element of dark humour there. It worked so well in the original two Batmans, and without it, it might be too dark for my tastes.

Keaton had that slight edge of insanity that creeped out from time to time, hopefully Bale will capture the same thing, similar to his Pat Bateman role.

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Ive been keeping up to speed via the net and SFX and have been really looking forwards to it, Christian Bale, ding dong! Oh and it looks like a cracking good film as well.

4. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Well the original Batman comics / Graphic Novels took a turn for the dark side so it's no suprise the films have followed suit to be honest and the comics are ever so dark so I hold out good things for this film.

I was never a Batman fan until I was given the darker Batman comics to read and I became hooked so the darker side actually appeals to me :)

5. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    its gonna rock!!

ra's al ghul as the main villian, if the script and ken wattanebe's talents do him justice, bale wont have to do much!

on the comedic elements, its right there in the trailer, when i first saw it with my mates (all dc readers) we sat in amazement, and laughed hartily at the end with the bad guy:'where are you....?' bats:'here'. hanging behind him.

just a good job supes isn't out for a couple of years, cuz that's gonna kill the competition for sure!

6. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I guess everyone knows (I can see one person doesn't!) "The twist" then?

UKS

7. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Nope! And I'm not sure I want to know yet.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.