main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman Begins... uh, begins

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    From comicscontinuum.com:

Batman Begins, the new Batman movie directed by Christopher Nolan, has commenced production in Iceland, with Gary Oldman joining the cast. The announcement was made Thursday by Jeff Robinov, president of production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

In Batman Begins, Oldman will play Lieutenant James Gordon, a detective on the Gotham police force. The film stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman; Michael Caine as his trusted butler Alfred; Katie Holmes as Rachel, a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises; and Ken Watanabe as the villainous Ra's Al Ghul.

Directed by Nolan from a screenplay by David Goyer and Nolan, Batman Begins is produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Larry Franco. The executive producers are Ben Melniker and Michael Uslan.

Batman Begins is scheduled to film in Iceland, London and Chicago.

The film, which "explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham," will be released summer 2005.

I may loathe the title, but that list of cast and creators has me salivating.

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Ditto on the drooling. I'm not too happy on some of the rumors I've been hearing tho. Like the Bat4x4 (I refuse to call it the Batmobile if this is the case). But this may be the Lazurith Pit for the Bat franchise(comic geeks will note the refference I just put in the last sentence).

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    You mean Lazarus Pit? ;) Was Ra's Al Ghul the guy to use it to keep himself young? Cause I remember the Lazarus Pit, I just forgot who used it.

The cast sounds awesome, and I agree the title is rather crappy. I'll probably go see it. I loved the first 3 films, and didn't hate the 4th one even if I didn't love it, so it can't be any worse than Batman and Robin was. *cough*georgeclooneymiscast*cough* ;)

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    You are correct about the pit spelling AND the Name...

Edited at the request of the CR

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm one happy fanboy. :D I can't wait for this one. Every casting decision has been perfect. There's a script review over at Ain't It Cool News. Avoid if you don't want to be completely spoiled. It doesn't give everything away, but a lot. And the title supposedly fits. What I'm really jazzed about is that last couple of minutes. We're supposed to get something EXTREMELY cool that sets up sequels. And yeah, that's plural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.