Evan, IN Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, and Land of the Dead all in June

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I know this is late in the game but it kinda snuck up on me. Batman Begins is being at the Kerasota(sic)Cinema on the 15th, which is tommorrow. I know the IMAX version is the 20th.

TI-9362 and I talked about someone coordinating cinema events so we could see movies as a whole for those that were interested.

We also have 2 others movies of possible interest that we may want to see as a group. Those being WOTW and Land of the Dead. Those come out later this month. I know Red's at "band camp" lol
  2. Fistofury Jedi Youngling

star 1
  3. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Comes out in July. :p

And will be awewsome! :)
  4. Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I knew there was something else, I was thinking just June but FF is close enough.

I wonder if any theatres will do a midnight release for those?
  5. Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Probably no midnight shows for those, but I think we should get people together to watch Batman Begins when it opens on IMAX next week. Anybody interested?
  6. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, it would be great. And we could make it a makeshift going away party for Adam (Preachrman007), with possibly dinner before or after for those interested. I had hoped to plan more, but I have been really busy at work & home. Let's keep discussing...
  7. GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's not Band Camp (haven't gone to that since high school over 10 years ago), it's Pagan Camp! :D I'll be gone from early the 18th till late the 26th, so if there are any group movie outings after that for any of these movies, count me in!!!

Oh, and don't talk to me about the Batman IMAX, I want to go see it.
  8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master

star 6
    I'm up for that
  9. Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'd be down if I don't have to work.
  10. lord_sixx Jedi Youngling

fanatastic four![face_sick] have you guys actually looked closley at the trailer!:_| its an abomination on par with batman and robin!
    :mad: dr doom thats all i have to say!
  11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master

star 6
    I-)

Oh did you say something? I was busy watching the trailer and loving it.
  12. GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Unfortunately, we can't seem to get Hollywood to do any of the Comic Book stuff justice. At least it looks better than The Incredible Hulk.
  13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master

star 6
    Let us be fair ... a steaming pile of poo looks better than that :p
  14. lord_sixx Jedi Youngling

i ve also heard v for vendetta sux too:( and they pulled the plug on the watchmen:_|
    and yes the hulk .....
    hulk poodle
    im done no need to say more.
  15. Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've gotta say, up until the most recent trailer, I thought FF looked to be pretty craptastic. The newest trailers have me interested, but I still don't hold out much hope. C'mon, seriously, Jessica Alba? Besides, rule of thumb seems to be we only get one good comic movie a year, and I'd suppose that's Batman for this year.
  16. Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Red: Um, what do you do at Pagan Camp? Is it like the movie Wicker Man? :D

I'm in a holding pattern on the FF movie. I'll decide it will most certainly suck after hearing something about the movie, like say the whole 'Dr. Doom whatever it is they've done to him', but then I'll see a trailer with all the pretty CGI and think "surely it can't be that bad". Again, I'll have to wait and see.

Yep, lots of interesting movies still lined up for this year: Batman, War of the Worlds, Fantastic Four, another Harry Potter, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Narnia, V for Vendetta (sixx, I've heard good and bad so far, it's so hard to tell anymore isn't it?), The Corpse Bride, Art School Confidential, King Kong, Serenity (Firefly movie), and probably a few I forgot. This is quite a year for moviegoing. :)

In a way I hope the Watchmen movie stays dead. I just can't see how they'd do it and not screw it up, and poor Alan Moore deserves to not have any more of his works given the LXG treatment.
  17. Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Uhmmm...anybody seeing Batman Begins on the June 15th? Where and when?
  18. navarre1095 Jedi Master

star 4
    did anyone see the FF movie in the 80's? What a steaming butt-muffin that was. ANYTHING would be an improvement. Batman looks like a yawnfest. I'm a huge fan of Narnia, Willy Wonka looks twisted, that ought to be fun.
  19. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, that FF movie, which I think was actually in 1994 and it was awful! Even the FX for 1994...Here is a link:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/otf/Fant-Four/Fant-Four.htm

Must have been a low budget thing...here is a shocker: The 1978 Superman was much better! :)

20. navarre1095 Jedi Master

star 4
    At one point the guy's arm is supposed to be strecthing, if you look close enough IT'S A BROOMSTICK!
  21. TI9362 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey! What's with taking a shot at the '78 Superman movie?? That's one of my favourites!

Yes, the Roger Corman produced FF film was absolutely horrible, but there's a method to it's madness. The studio was about to lose the rights to the FF property, so they basicly *had* to make a movie in order to retain those rights. So, who better to make a low budget film than Roger "Not One Dollar More" Corman? And, since that film was made (but thankfully, never released) it paved the way (by buying time) to make the new film.

So, now you know the rest of the story.. What's the Holiday Special's excuse? :)

-=joe=-
  22. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Joe, that wasn't a slam at Supes. Quite the contrary...Ask Adam & Nathan, I love Superman also.

I was just saying that even the FX of that film still hold up today IMO.

We won't get into 3 & 4, though!!!
  23. Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling

star 3
    4 wasn't too bad. 1 and 2 was very good. I just never could figure where the whole "Superman thowing the S shield at the super villian" came from.
  24. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds like we need to find that script online somewhere & see what it says.
  25. navarre1095 Jedi Master

star 4
    The holiday special is a classic example of what happens when the suits get involved. SM 3&4 are others
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.