main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Batman Begins

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Aug 22, 2004.

?

Batman Begins

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. George Clooney

17.6%
  2. Michael Keaton

76.5%
  3. Val Kilmer

5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
  2. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I have been eagerly eyeing the new Batman film coming up. At first I thought, oh groan not ANOTHER Batman movie. And what is UP with them constantly changing actors?

I was curious to see who you thought is the best Batman actor so far & then hope that after we see the new movie we can discuss what you thought of the newest Batman actor.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, I'll be right back. ;)

Melanie

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Adam West!!!!

Seriously thought, Keaton was Batman. I thought he did the best job or prtraying a more insane/dark side to the character whereas the others just reminded me of James Bond in a batsuit.

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    For me, Tim Burton did not get Batman right. His first, which was clearly the best, was schizophrenic. I saw an unsettling mix of innocent (Dick Tracy did that better) and dark (covered better by Darkman). I also never could buy Keaton's face under the cowl. He's got jowls and fleshy lips- it just wasn't heroic looking to me. Neither was the fact that said cowl was so stiff that the Caped Crusader couldn't even turn his head. -Campbell

acidic ps- considering that it's a trend in Batman movies, isn't it time we have a movie with 6 separate villains?

5. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I'm batman

6. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ia, have you gotten help with these delusions or do you still feel delusions of heroinism?

Melanie

7. antmanx68

antmanx68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2000
    Christian Bale's portrayal of bats will destroy the rest. He is very intense and an overall great actor, im still pinching myself that he was ever cast in the first place (since he was the overwhelming fan favorite and the RIGHT guy for the job.)

8. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I agree, I think this Batman has a lot of potential.

9. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Casting isn't everything. I mean, George Clooney is a great actor, but he was also in the worst Bat movie. Luckily, Chris Nolan seems to be taking the material seriously rather than going for the metro-sexual day glow Batman.

L8r

10. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I like Keaton the best but Kilmer was ok and Clooney was auwful.

11. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    I'm really looking forward to Bale being batman,.. have you seen Equilibrium???! (if you haven't you must.)

And the casting can't be nearly as bad as the choice for the new superman movie... with Tom Welling in Smallville he just IS superman to me now... and Josh Harnett isn't even close to Chris Reeves! It's all wonky.

12. KuDeGra

KuDeGra Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    that's a tough poll. they were all good for different reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.