main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Batman Begins!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Master_Logard, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Logard

Master_Logard Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Ok, so its not Star Wars related other than the preview ran before EP3, but "Batman Begins" is a must-see!

Few movies going from comic books to the big screen are worth the price of admission, but this is worth repeat viewings!

Just wanted to see if anyone else agreed.

~Hammer.

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I've heard nothing but good things about this movie. I've always loved Batman and I cannot wait to see this movie.

3. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i am dying to see it too. might do ep3 again on sat, batman on sunday. ginna's got report cards due so i'm probably on my own. coke and hooers, here i come!

4. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    All this advertising and promotional stuff surrounding this movie is just ploy to get you to go to theater and watch it.

Bosh
    "IMHO"

5. Mustafarian_hotdog

Mustafarian_hotdog Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    batman who???? i would only go see that movie for liam neeson the rest of it looks like a filler the bat mobile looks like a conflict iraq desert storm vehicle its soo cheese looking for batman! the vehicle its self would be real kool like in a different filck like x-men but the batmobile in this movie looks ulgy, i think after all of the lame a$$ batman movies iam just sick of them tying to rehash some old story that we all know. and what in the heck am i doing talking about that hasbeen neverwas on a starwas site enuff said! MTDSOTFBWY

6. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    best. post. ever.

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Batarang vs. Lightsaber. Talk amongst yourselves.

Bosh

8. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Robyn and I went to see Batman on Imax at Navy Pier, and we both loved it. =D=

Biggest criticisms were that it was a tad long, and we didn't understand the female lead's choice at the end. But those are minor complaints. Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, and Morgan Freeman are all great.

Definitely worth a watch on Imax, although the first fight was a bit nausea-inducing due the shaky camera work and fast edits. However seeing the Chicago skyline in the city shots and the great sound quality made up for it.

I've never read the comic books so I can't say whether or not it's true to the original, but I highly recommend this movie.

~H~

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah I don't understand Katie Holmes' choice to become the perma-beard for Tom Cruise either.

It's so weird.

And that hot dog dude is delving dangerously close to Rabid Wolvie territory with that post. [face_laugh]

10. Mustafarian_hotdog

Mustafarian_hotdog Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    ok well to all who liked the bat moive i hope you enjoyed the movie, i guess i will try to watch it when it comes out on dvd and i have a free rental, cuz iam not going to pay to see it i will only be coffing up money to see star wars and one other movie this year this ones for you dex>>> "the dukes" and thats only to see my the woman of my dreams jess simpson, i would love it if i could see it on imax, i think that those dasiy dukes shorts will look real nice on a real BIG screen. just a tought what would batman try to do if he came across a sith lord or a bad a$$ jedi?

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Ladies and gentlemen this is unprecedented! Hot Dog does not just cross over into RabidWolvie territory, he leaps into the does a triple lutz and sticks the landing on the other side! The crowd goes wild!

*crowd going wild noises*

12. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    hot dog is right. batman is way overdone. the batmobile is fugly. i saw a preview for the "dukes" at the movies today. i think jessica simpson will do daisy duke justice. she fit those shorts real nice like. she looked pretty damn good. dex and hot dog will deffinetly love this one.

13. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    There is something just waay off the strange meter on that last sentence. You leave me outta the Daisy Yum Yums smack talk and keep your Processed Beef/Pork/Chicken products to yourself. :p

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Batman was definately the best movie so far this year. Blew Episode 3 clear out of the water. They finally focused on Bruce Wayne/Batman and they nailed it. The cast was damn near perfect. Katie Holmes was her usual lack-luster self but fortunately there isn't much of her in the movie.

My sole complaint was the score. There was no theme per se. Nothing that you would be humming after the movie. Everything was about atmosphere and the music reflected that. Not a bad thing but I would have liked to have heard a Batman theme. Not a major deal though.

The Batmobile was PERFECT. There is a reason for everything in this movie. Even the smallest detail has its purpose and the Batmobile is no exception.

I enjoyed X2 a little better in terms of comic book flicks but this is damn good comic book adaptation.

15. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    i loved batman too. i could not believe i was watching such a good batman movie after the deterioriating series of the late eighties/early nineties. what an awesome movie.

it really got to me--like I've been dreaming for this movie for my whole life and finally it's here. it was by no means perfect but was so dang great.

only thing that could have improved it: jessica simpson. omg she loos hawt in Dukes"!

16. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    My favorite part was when he was interogating the crooked cop. You can really tell that Bruce Wayne is gone at that point and he is this nutjob named Batman. Great stuff.

17. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Batman, best of series by far,

Laughed at the slapping scene and at people who hang there cloths out to dry,
    at night, during a torrential downpour.

Morgan Freeman and Michale Caine steal the show.

Music,

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh..........eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr.......
    ok, no humming themes, but some pretty darn good drumming,
    or
    perhaps I am just a fan of oriental drumming in general,
    or
    perhaps it was all those World Drum Corp Intl championship,
    performances I watched/own

yes, I played drums/percussion for a while

18. carocali

carocali Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Episode What??? Batman is SO much better than Star Wars, although I made the same comment about the score Jason. No overdone special effects, great acting (who doesn't love Liam and Morgan!!) Chicago looked awesome! I am most impressed. Yeah, there were some annoying things - like his Batman voice, and it was a little long, but I was never bored or angry about choices the director made. I left this one with a smile on my face instead of cursing the screen! I am also looking forward to Fantastic Four since I won't be spending my time seeing Star Wars this summer.

Great flick!

Caroline

19. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah once you realize that there is life outside of Star Wars you'll find there is a lot out there.

20. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    there is life outside of Star Wars

Yeah, it's called "World of Warcraft".

Zul Furuk, anyone? I have 3 red quests there. :)

21. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Still?

If I'm on tonight we can knock em out.

22. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    silly losers, with your MMORPGs!

23. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Says the man who plays "Wario World". Go chase your wife in her Mario kart.

24. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    i'll save you the trouble.

PWNED.

(i can't get the damn picture insert thing to work. put wacky internet-created photo here.)

25. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    You meant something like this?

And on topic: Batman rocks! There is certainly nothing mere about this mortal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.