main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman: Dark Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Valyn, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I just got this game today. Has anyone else played it?

2. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    I have. I own it. It is okay, not great, not bad, but okay.

3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Did you like it better than Batman: Vengeance?

4. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Batman: Vengence, I liked better. The controls were easy to figure out. And the story was better.

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    ugh....

I had Batman Vengeance, beat it and everything, and then traded it in for only $5 worth of EB store credit. I got Dark Tomorrow because I thought it was going to be better than Vengeance (which I thought was a pretty cool game).

And now you're telling me that DT is worse than Vengeance. :(

Should I have gotten Spider-Man instead of DT?

6. B-BALLERJEDI

B-BALLERJEDI Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    Batman Dark Tomorrow is a game I would never get. It is definately more for little kids like 5 and under. So grow up people

7. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    The reviews I read for DT were so bad it made me stop from even renting the game. Hell, the opening sequence looks sucky. I played with the Xbox version a bit at an EB store one day and it looked and handled so bad I stopped playing after a minute or so. Sorry to tell ya this kid, but you bought a lemon. [face_plain]

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I hate the gameplay, but I like the fact that I got it for $5.00. I bought it used, with a trade-in of LotR: TTT (finished it), with my EB discount card, and EB was also giving an additional 10% off with the discount card all week long.

Thus, I plan on also getting Spidey before this week is over. It's a good buy, even if it's not a good game.

9. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry for making you disapionted.... :(

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I've played this game a few times now and I don't think it's that bad. It's a little hard getting used to, and the camera angles are a real pain in the butt to deal with, but it's not so bad.

I actually even found a few good reviews for this game. One reviewer said that he/she thinks most reviewers criticize the game because the manual doesn't give any indication regarding how to play the game. So, he/she suggested that gamers get the strategy guide, as it tells you how to do all the cool fighting and stuff that Batman's capable of.

Aside from the terrible camera angles, another problem I have is that it doesn't have WB's Batman theme. It just doesn't feel entirely like Batman without that theme. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.