Batman - Dead End

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by GrnJalera, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you haven't heard about this one, you can check it out at TFN Fan Films:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/batman_deadend/

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    or download it ALL at Kazaa. Already watched it, FREAKING AWSOME!
  3. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is also for us who don't have Kazaa ;)

Grab it now before WB/DC finds out and shuts it down!
  4. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Downloaded it off another website. Haven't watched it yet.
  5. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    You MUST watch this.....I absolutely LOVE this! I burnt it to DVD so I caould watch it upstairs..... :D
  6. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Anrev, burn me a copy, PLEASE BURN ME A COPY!!! PLEASE GOD PLEASE....hehehe
  7. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Burned a DVD for myself over the weekend using the High-Res version.

Holy Great Quality Batman! This one is gonna find a place of honor in my DVD collection. :D
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    HOLY DYSFUNCTIONAL INTERNET CONNECTIONS, BATMAN! My DSL is still preventing me from watching it! ARGH!
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks to my dial-up connection, I've watched an entire episode of "Band of Brothers" while downloading 1/2 the movie...and all I can say is:

HOLY REPEATITIVE CAMEOS, Batman!

Without ruining it for anyone else, the first segment was really cool (classic Batman/Joker scene)...then the other genres came into play. When Joker shot up in the air, my 1st reaction was "what da FRELL was that!"

Then another character...
    then another...
    I stopped it before Debbie Gibson fight with Cheech and Chong over who got to drive the Batmobile ;)
  10. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    You guys are lucky... I can't take a sneak peek while it is downloading... I have to wait until it is all done.

*prays that the cable doesn't go on the blink yet again*

Curses... what version of Quicktime do I need? 6.3?
  11. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    I stopped it before Debbie Gibson fight with Cheech and Chong over who got to drive the Batmobile

But THAT'S the best part!
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Just watched the copy that Bret gave me... I have to agree with Geoff on this one. The beginning was awesome; I thought, this is going to be a great Batman movie, one that really shows the hero/villain relationship Batman and the Joker have... until the Joker shot up in the air. From then on it was way too over the top and I lost interest. They definitely should have stuck to the original Batman idea, and had a street brawl between Batman and the Joker, and appearances by Robin and Harley would have been cool too. Watching the Making Of, all I could wonder was where did the $30,000 go? once they mentioned that was the price tag on it.
  13. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    The costumes and props alone were probably close to 15k. He built the rain rigs, there's a couple grand there. Cameras, film, editing, electricity, microphones, cables, etc.

I can easily see where the 30k went.
  14. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I can see it too Grn. My last post was more of a colloquial saying than me actually not seeing where the $30,000 went. I just thought that (not saying their name so as not to spoil it for anyone) the creatures who end up to be Batman's enemies was a waste of budget, and that they should not have spent any money on making the suits for those characters... the whole thought of them showing up in the Batman "universe" was just ridiculous.
  15. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    You've never read the comic that was similar then have you. Great comic. One of my favorites.
  16. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    You've never read the comic that was similar
    I've read them...as well as the Superman vs
    Show Spoiler
    comics. Having characters from different stories face-off has always been a classic comic theme.

They really did a good job on the production, the rain effect alone must have cost alot of money.
  17. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just wish he had more money to make this. He originally wanted Superman to pop in at the very last shot to help Batman fight you know who and you know what.

*Superman drops in and stands back to back with Batman*

Superman: Need a hand?

Batman: No. Leave.

Superman: Not this time Bruce.

Batman: Whatever. Just don't call the rest of the League in on this.

Superman: They'd never believe it if I did call.

*Begin the best fight sequence of all time*
  18. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHA! That would have made it like 20 times cooler, Grn. Then I might have liked it a lot more. Soup rocks!

*Begin the best fight sequence of all time*

I guess I have to settle for Neo vs. the Smiths and Trinity & Morpheus vs. the Twins then. ;)
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I've actually wanted to do a superhero fanfilm for a while now... I think if I look the part of any of them, it'd probably be Green Arrow or maybe the Green Lantern, although I haven't really read either of them. I dunno if TBX Productions or Ziganrev Studios would want to do it, but you'd prolly have to write a treatment, script, etc. I have no idea when RoP shooting will wrap, so this may have to wait a while. But Grn & Douz, or Bret, if you're interested, let me know.
  20. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    I read GA and GL every month. I would love to do a GL movie. The only thing really holding me back is a good costume and someone to wear it. I don't have a script written, but I'm sure I could come up with something faithful to the comics and at least more entertaining than "Batman & Robin". ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.