1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Batman: Knights Of War

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the Knights Of War RPG. I'm your head GameMaster, Obi-Wan21. Our Co-GameMaster is Chukles38.

Prologue-

A mysterious attack on Gotham has left Arkham torn and broken with Batman's entire Rogue's Gallery free to overthrow the city. The attacks appear to be led by an unknown figure who had confronted Batman only moments ago. As he returns to his home he discovers Wayne Manor burning to the ground. He rushes to find Alfred barely alive and he is charged for murder against Bruce Wayne!

Though Gotham still stand, yet lays on the brink of war as attacks have destroyed some of the most prized buildings in the city. James Gordon is secretly allied with Batman and the Knights, hoping to clear their name. As the entire Police Force is out to bring Batman and his Knights in dead or alive.

Now Batman and his Knights must follow a dangerous trail of betrayal and death as they seek to uncover who is behind these attacks.

----------------------------------

The Rules

1- No God-Modding, you CANNOT be any ultra powerful type characters. Nor can you predict what the enemies will do

2- No controlling another player's character. At all. In any given situation. Only with their approval may anyone do so. And it MUST be passed through either GameMaster by PM first

3- You may be characters outside of Batman's cast of characters. But NO Marvel characters

4- If a dis-agreement arises you bring it to a GameMaster. But only through PM. We don't want this thread full of clutter or arguing

5- Have Fun most of all

6- You cannot kill off another character without their say so. Nor can you not take any hits in a fight. Everyone has a weakness. Be fair

7- Please. Only join the RPG if you actually intend on playing. And, if after you join, you must leave or are away from your computer for the time and un-able to play. Please PM one of us with the information and how you wish your character be handled

8- You MUST PM all Character Sheets to either myself or Chukles38 for Approval. You will NOT be approved by posting them here

9- One character per-person, unless otherwise decided you may have no one than one character. You MUST pass it through me before you take on another character. And must be sure to HANDLE BOTH characters FAIRLY

Character Sheet-

Alias:
    Eye Color:
    Hair Color/Style:
    Personality:
    Weaknesses:
    Alliance:
    Street Clothing:
    Costume:
    Bio:

The characters of Robin, Havoc, Scarecrow, Carrie, Enigma Are ALL on reserve.

I will be taking the role of Robin. If you have come from 'No Man's Land' RPG. This IS NOT a continuation of that. This is a all new story. So you're welcome to bring in new aspects as you wish. And if you decide to return as a character from that RPG you may so do. Just PM me with the sheet for approval.

Batman is free as of right now.

I hope you all enjoy playing.
  2. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    Alias:Catgirl
    Build:Skinny and flexable but strong
    Height:4'8"
    Eye Color:hazel blue
    Hair Color/Style:Blonde,short and shaggy cut
    Personality:happy,curious,teen girl
    Weaknesses:Fear of needles,people she loves
    Alliance:Batman
    Street Clothing:Jeans and shirts(whatever0
    Costume:Spotted catsuit that comes down over her nose
    Bio:eek:nly Batman knows her whole past. She joined him just a few months ago. He trained her and now she is like a second Robin but is still in training and only carries her sling shot.
  3. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright, Marcus/Haboc is now posted up. :D I figured since I was co-gm I didn't need to pm it t anyone. :p

Also, You may want to add Gender into the character sheet. I didn't notice it wasn't here earlier.

Alias: Havoc
    Height: 5? 11?
    Build: Medium built
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Style and color: Short, well trimmed, dark brown
    Physical Appearance: Marcus dresses in nice clothing, though not too lavish. It generally consists of polo shirts and dress slacks. He is fairly rich and looks it, though does not necessarily act it.

Havoc is a different story. While being Havoc, Marcus dresses in black clothing. Unlike Batman, Havoc has few gadgets or high tech suits. Instead, he wears a plain black shirt, slightly baggy, black pants, a belt (Black of course), black boots, and a black hooded cloak.

Personality: While Marcus, he ahs an extremely amible personality. he is kind, friendly, and laughs a lot. However, when in the role of Havoc, he is extremely sarcastic and reclusive. He also can be extremely ill-tmepered at times.

Weaknesses: Anything that would kill a human, and women. He's a sucker for women.

Alliance: good
    Weapon(s): Two broadswords, various knives and a pistol
    Family and Marital Status: His parents, brother, and sister are all dead. They died in the same plane accident. He was married for a while, but she died in a car crash.
    Personality: Generally an easygoing fella, but he is prone to bits of gloomy melancholy.
    Traits: He loves music and tends to sing during times of stress or boredom. He is very open-minded about most things, although certain things he chooses not to listen to.

Bio:

He grew up in Gotham, the son of a fairly wealthy merchant. His parents loved Shakespeare, hence his name, play on of Marc Antony from Julius Caesar. He had a normal childhood, although it was dominated by his love of fencing. When his parents and siblings died, he was nineteen. He took over the company for a while, and then disappeared for about a year, leaving the company in the hands of one of his good friends. He came back a different person. He was much more solemn and dark. No one knows what he did during that year, and it was soon forgotten as he took over the reins of the company once again.

Not long after, he met a beautiful girl, whom he fell in love wth and married. They were happily married for aobut three and a half years, until a drunk driver killed her on the instant of the crash. Devastated and vengeful, Marcus disappeared once agin. He was gone for two years. His whereabouts were unknown. However, it was known that he came back with a brighter attitude than he had ever had. Shortly after, a new vigilante figure named Havoc appeared. He derived his hero name from the same play he was named from, Julius Caesar.

Havoc remained a low key crime fighter, never making the front page or really having his name mentioned, as batman did. He preferred it that way. However, with the current crises, Havoc may need to step up and finally make himself known?
  4. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    All right, I've edited the original post and added both 'Gender' and 'Build'. Thanks for pointing it out.

Alias: Robin

Height: 6'6"

Build: Think, lankey

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color/Style: Slightly long, dark brown hair. Falls just past the nose, and is neck-length in back

Personality: Obsessive, impulsive. non-trusting, confident, a leader, takes charge in any situation, quick temper

Weaknesses: His obsessive attitude often leads him to get caught up in very dangerous situations. He also can become very angry due to his obsessive personality. No matter what side you're on, it's best to watch your back with him

Alliance: Gotham Knights

Street Clothing: Usually wears form fitting black shirt with low rise black pants and shoes.

Costume: Black mask that covers eyes. Dark red skin-tight short sleeved top with black gothic bird over chest. Black long cape that often shrouds his body. Black skin tight pants with silver belt and black metal clip boots. And black gloves

Bio: Jason Todd has become the current Robin. His father was once a low time crook having repeatedly dealings with Two-Face, after his father was killed. Jason left his home to go on his own. His relationship with has family had never fully existed.

So when his mother betrayed him to the insane Joker, it didn't surprise him. Jason didn't manage to save his mother and she was shot in the the head by the Joker. His mother had never learnt the truth of who Jason really was, and the Joker never found out either. Thanks to quick acting, Batman was able to save both Jason and Joker from a Chemical Plant's explosion.

Jason has since then left Batman's shadow, wanting to make Robin his own hero. He recently had a falling out with his mentor and no longer wants to be known as a Partner. He wants to show that he is capable of dealing with Gotham on his own.

Jason is very intelligent. His detective skills even rival that of Batman's. Though Robin is much more dangerous, as he has proven he is not beyond killing a threat.

Recently Jason returned to Gotham, realizing the city was in grave danger. He now intends to discover what's really going on. And where is Batman?
  5. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gm approved

Name ? Bruce Wayne aka Batman
    Age- 35
    Gender- male
    Height- 6 ' 2
    Species -Human
    Powers- none, extreme athletic ability, also a a keen scientific mind, also the worlds greatest detective, Relies on his cunning and and stealth
    Hair ? Short cropped black
    Aliance- leader of the Gotham Kinghts
    Buil - Tall, powerfully built
    Weakness ? As a he has no super powers he is suseptable to anything that can harm a human being
    Clothing/Equipment ? Black cowl and cape plus dark grey suit with a yellow bat logo, utility belt contains bat rangs, hydrolic grappling gun and various smoke bombs
    Modes of transport ? the famous Bat mobile , Bat cycle and Bat wing

Bio

As a child was forced to watch his parents gunned down in front of him, since that day Bruce swore he would embark on a crusade to not avenge his parents murder but to ensure that it would never happen again, training his body and mind till they where at the peak of there powers becoming the Batman. Batman became the worlds most dangerous super heroes roaming the street of Gotham city striking fear into the hearts of criminals every where.

Batman is one of the only super heros to posses no superpowers but what he lacks in super powers he more than makes up for with intelligence. Batman has a plan for every situation and there is rarely a mystery he cannot solve. Although he is arguably one of the worlds best martial artists in the world,

Shaken to the core by the destruction of his home Wayne Mannor and the savage beating of Alfred and being charged as batman for his own murder, batman apeared to vanish from Gotham, tracking dwon in secret those who destroyed the last remaining link to his parents
  6. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    GM APPROVED

Name: Jonathan Crane
    Alias: The Scarecrow
    Height: over 6 feet
    Hair Style and color: Short, Brown
    Physical Appearence: [image=http://www.virgin.net/movies/galleries/batmanbeginspreview/pix/09_main.jpg], [image=http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/4732387/DCD-HUSH3-Fa.jpg], and [image=http://www.christophernolan.net/images/batman_photos_murphy.jpg]
    Faction: Bad
    Weapon(s): None...just toxins
    Family and Marital Status: Single
    Personality: Angered, obsessed with fear, demented
    Traits: Tends to scare people
    Bio: Jonathan Crane was a typical high school nobody, always getting picked on. Though, he took it differently. He killed a bully in his high schools parking lot during prom, which started off his obsession with scaring people to death...literally.

Later on, he became a professor of psychology at the Gotham University, specializing in fear. After a few years, he was fired from his position. Angered by this, he decided to kill those involved in his dismissal and, from then on, took the title of The Scarecrow.

Crane does not have any special powers, he simply uses toxins that he had made to cause his victims to hallucinate and become terrified, and strikes fear in all those who see him. When he is in combat, he uses a variation of kung-fu, which uses his lanky arms and legs to his advantage. (Derived from Wikipedia.com)

7. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Alias: The Riddler
    Height: 6'
    Build: Lanky
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color/Style: Brown, slick hair
    Personality: Very smart, very cunning, and more than a little sadistic
    Weaknesses: Physical fighting
    Alliance: Himself
    Street Clothing: http://www.ealasaid.com/fan/shrine/riddler.jpg
    Costume: http://soragratehart.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/riddler.jpg.w300h419.jpg
    Bio:

The Riddler is one of the few rogues that has deduced Batman's secret identity. After using one of Ra's al Ghul's Lazarus Pits to cure a fatal brain tumour, he was able to use the "clarity" it gave him to work out that Batman was Bruce Wayne. However, there is no major concern that the Riddler will leak the information, as The Batman explains "What good is a riddle which everyone knows the answer to?", playing with The Riddler's obsession with riddles and the greatest riddle of all: "Who is Batman?"

After the Riddler discovered that, he believed that his life would become much simpler; instead, it got much worse. Having irritated the newcomer villain Hush and The Joker, Nigma was stripped of his deductive powers and, fleeing the two, left to rot as a member of Gotham's vast and invisible homeless population. A chance encounter with an ex-NSA codebreaker gave Nigma a positive environment in which to recover his mind. During that stay Nigma experienced an induced flashback that led him to realize that his father had beaten him that many years ago, and that his father, unable to grasp that his son was brilliant, believed that Edward had cheated and beat him out of jealousy. Once Nigma realized that, he also realized that his compulsion was borne out of a strong desire to tell the truth to prove his innocence in deception.

Having made that connection, The Riddler decided that a change was in store. He spent some of his vast fortune, acquired over many years of crime, to get minor plastic surgery and extensive tattooing, covering most of his torso with his trademark question insignia. He returned and killed the codebreaker -- who had pieced together his identity but couldn't act on it -- then promptly stole a priceless scroll out from under Batman's nose. Since then, the Riddler has spent most of his time either legally amassing a huge fortune or attacking various heroes in order to prove his newfound capability. It is notable that he has apparently lost the desire to plant riddles or clues at his various crime scenes, although he still enjoys riddles in an abstract sense, and will occasionally make subtle references to them in the course of his crimes. However, by the time he joined the new Secret Society of Super Villains, he had reverted to his old costume and habits.
  8. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    Come on guys. i know we had more interested in the last one than this. Is no one interested then?
  9. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: The guy playing Phantasm sent in his, so he's also approved, he just hasn't posted anything up yet. We'll give it a few more days and start, but people can still join up of course.
  10. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've PM'd my sheet. Waiting for approval...
  11. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    So we're getting a few more. That's great. Is anyone looking to play Jim Gordan? I'd really like him taken before we start.
  12. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    I believe Elu will be returning as well, if he has not already expressed interest to the GMs...At least, I think he is.
  13. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would not mind playing Gordon as a second character, if;

No one else wants to.

And you nee dme to.
  14. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Elu is returning as the Phantasm. But he has yet to post his Sheet. That's fine Chukles, if the day comes for us to start and no one has still taken Gordan, you can have him.
  15. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    APPROVED!

Alias: The Joker
    Height: 6' 5"
    Build: Average
    Appearance:[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3d/JokercolorLG.jpg/425px-JokercolorLG.jpg]
    -Eye Color: Green?
    -Hair Color/Style: Green, Combed back
    Personality: Criminally Insane, has a twisted sense of humor, completly psychotic
    Weaknesses: Normal human weaknesses
    Alliance: none
    Street Clothing:[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Jokermovie.jpg]
    Costume: Same as Above
    Bio: The Joker's continuing agenda is to humiliate and destroy Batman and his allies. A former hired hand for the mob, he was viciously funny, cruel and sardonic. The Joker first encountered Batman during a botched robbery at the Monarch Playing Card Factory. While he escaped by leaping into a drainage vat of chemical waste, the Joker later discovered that the toxins had bleached his skin chalk white, dyed his hair fluorescent green, and stretched his lips into a hideous permanent grin.
  16. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    any when we are going to start?
  17. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    I am not sure. I was just about to ask Obi that. ;)
  18. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    I was waiting for Elu to post his character sheet. I don't know if he's still in-game or not.
  19. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    NEWS:

Alright everybody. We're STARTING tomorrow!!!!! I'll get the first post up and then the game MAY BEGIN!!! chukles, you still want Gordon?
  20. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I can play him. Anyone who wants to come in and play him though, feel free to take him from me. ;)
  21. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't wait to start this one up yet.
  22. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    First Post-The Opening:

Nothing was the same anymore. Gotham had fallen to so desperate of times. When heroes would be needed. But their own Guardian, Batman, had abandoned his own City. The Dark Knight was Nowhere to be found.

With Arkham demolished the monsters ran free in not only night, but the day as well. But this night was different, something much more sinister was un-raveling. And there was no one to stop it....

-----------------------------------------

IC: Unknown Figure

"I still don't see what the Murder of Bruce Wayne would solve," a man stated quietly.

"It is all part of a much greater plan," the other answered. The 'Mastermind' behind the recent doings in Gotham.

"It appears as though you simply wish to draw more attention to our cause," the man said dryly.

"Do not question my authority," the man warned. "Batman has become what he hates the most; a Murderer. He is a fugitive. And that will work to our advantage."

"Somehow I feel you know more of the Dark Knight than it would seem," the well suited man suggested.

"Prehaps I do," he answered darkly. "But it is no matter. The city is ours. Soon, we will make our final strike."

IC: Robin

The young Knight sit calmly atop one of Gotham's many skyscrapers. The rain poured down harshly, water dripping from his wet hair.

His cape blew in the wind. He was out of sight to those that walked the streets. But he didn't want to be seen, he was searching. For clues, answers, anything that could solve this mystery. One that threatened the very city of Gotham itself.

Gordon had been fair to him as of recent. The Police had let total marshal law take over the streets. And any costume wearing freak was to be taken down on sight. Dead Or Alive.

Robin had just arrived in Gotham only a day before. He didn't trust Gordon, but he wanted to meet. And so they did. In which Gordon explained everything that had happened in recent weeks.

Things weren't going well was the bottom line. And they were getting worse. Terrorist attacks on the city. Wayne Manor destroyed, yet they had left Wayne Towers standing. Which surprised the young man.

Prehaps they were more interested in detroying Batman than Bruce. Or maybe both. It would be fun to see Bruce dig his way out of this. Wherever he was.

Robin pulled a pair of hi-tech binoculars from his belt. He zoomed in on the streets below. Tracing the windows. Looking for anything suspicious. He would have to find a way to solve this threat, he was the only one who could.

-----------------------------------------

Tag: Everybody! Let's play!
  23. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: The Joker

The Joker walked quietly through the streets of Gotham, wearing a bulky trench coat and hat. It was good to be free, but the Joker didn't want to blow his chance yet. With all of the criminals from Arkham free, Gotham was theirs for the taking. Plus, the Batman was nowhere to be found.

TAG: Anyone
  24. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sorry for the wait. :p

Name: Andrea Beaumont

Alias: Phantasm

Height: 6'

Hair Style and color: Long and possibly wavy I suppose, red hair

Physical Appearance:

[image=http://batman.ugo.com/images/galleries/batman_maskofthephantasm_filmtv/batman_maskofthephantasm_4.jpg]

[image=http://batman.ugo.com/images/galleries/batman_maskofthephantasm_filmtv/batman_maskofthephantasm_2.jpg]

[image=http://batman.ugo.com/images/galleries/batman_maskofthephantasm_filmtv/batman_maskofthephantasm_5.jpg]

[image=http://batman.ugo.com/images/galleries/batman_maskofthephantasm_filmtv/batman_maskofthephantasm_8.jpg]

Alliance: Herself

Personality: Cold, determined, ruthless when she sets out to do something, as herself and not Phantasm...nice, caring, and sometimes slightly social.

Weaknesses: Not really sure, she?s human? She does lose.

Bio: Andrea Beaumont was your average girl, missing her mother who had died from natural causes. Soon enough she met with Bruce Wayne and they saw each other as equals in just about everything and fell in love. Bruce proposed to her and she accepted, he was prepared to throw away ?the plan,? throw away becoming Batman to be with her.
    When suddenly, the ring was mailed back to him saying sorry but she had to go. And she was never heard from again for a long time. Apparently, mob bosses murdered her father and she went away in grief, for protection, and rage.
    A long time later, well into the Batman years but before Robin, she returned to Gotham and chatted with Bruce about the old days, both fighting over old feelings...while she secretly masqueraded as Phantasm and killed off every mobster that had ties to her father?s murder. At first, everyone thought it was Batman and went after him.

The one who killed Andrea?s father and worked for the mob boss who hired him to do it was none other than The Joker, before his days as the Joker. So, at the end, Batman realized Joker had answers and Phantasm went to finish the last murder. The death of Joker.

It all came down to a final fight between the three and Batman was beaten and then so was Joker. As revealing of everyone came down to the wire and so did the end as a bomb was rigged in the place of combat (The amusement park ?The World of Tomorrow?) with seconds to go. Andrea told of her regret to Bruce and then these lines were given:

The Joker: All right, I give in. I surrendered already. Tell her, Batman.
    Batman: [Panting] Andrea, you've got to... get out of here! The whole place is set to... explode!
    Andrea Beaumont: No. One way or another it ends tonight. Goodbye, my love.

Batman fled that and survived barely, while Phantasm/Andrea held tightly onto Joker by the throat so he wouldn?t escape, their surroundings erupted in flame, smoke, and ash. As an explosion tore the whole place apart. Joker somehow escaped and went on to more conflicts with Batman. While Andrea, the Phantasm, was thought dead.

She has returned to finish her job in killing Joker and when she did, the whole earthquake happened. The grief of being stuck in the depressing city of Gotham City that was now ruins has shattered her almost completely. She wants to kill Joker, control the area of town she does, and now she wants to kill Batman and his friends as well blaming them for her love lost and other misfortunes. Not for any logical reason either, she just sort of...snapped.

She will be deadly to all as she is, officially and truly, the only undefeated villainess(or villain for that matter) of Batman...one that even beat him.

?All of Gotham City, your angels of death await...?
  25. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Haven't had much time on a computer recently. I will get a gordon sheet up soon, I promise. ;)

IC: Havoc

Havoc crept through the shadows of the streets of Gotham. He needed to be pretty careful recently. Ever since Batman disappeared, Havoc has had to step up as one of the premier crime fighters of Gotham. Things were grim, no doubt about it. It made him sick to think of Gotham as it currently was. He had never been particularly fond of Gotham, but it had been very nice to him. He hated to see it in its current state of lawlessness. Actual, there really was no law. the cops weren't much better than the criminals. Gotham was his home... o matter how much he hated that either. HE had to fight to protect it. Although, saving it seemed far beyond his reach alone. Perhaps it was impossible for one man to redeem a city, but, then again, anything is possible when you have a few friends to back you up.

This night he was not wandering the streets to find and stop crime. He was searching for others like him, other vigilantes that wanted to save Gotham. It was a big task, and best nto tackled alone.

TAG: Any
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.