1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Batman: Knights Of War

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC Bruce Wayne

Location ? Small property outside Gotham city

Bruce sat there replaying the horrific image of his parents home burning to the ground through his mind, Alfred laying in a pool of his own blood, Bruce had only just managed to escape from the house with his life but he was a bad shape. He looked over to the suit covered in Alfred's blood.

Who where these attackers who had burnt his house to the ground? And beaten his butler senseless and left him for dead? All these questions needed answering and he couldn't do that as Bruce Wayne he could only do it as Batman but he was in no shape to do that at this time. Bruce let out a moan as he leaned forward to press a button to re-watch the attack so if possible it might just give him some sort of insight to who thy where.

He had the security system routed to this house where he had a smaller version of the cave underneath the house. He watched the attackers lay siege to the house over turning priceless antiques but that didn't mean a thing to Bruce, all his Father had built was gone burnt to a crisp. Bruce wiped the tears forming from his eyes he watched as four men beat Alfred to the ground and began to kick him senseless Bruce couldn't watch no more he picked up the remote turned the footage off and slug the remote at wall which broke on impact.

Bruce span round and put his head in his hands and replayed the evens again, Hr had been doing his normal rounds patrolling the roof tops of Gotham, when he heard over the police about what was happening at Wayne manor over the police com, some how he managed to get there before the police and ran into the burning building with out thought of his own safety. Bruce could still smell the thick smoke from the fire, he found Alfred beaten to a bloody pulp he picked his friend up and managed to save him from the fire and bring him out of the house only to be greeted with the sight of Gotham's finest with the pistols pointed in his direction screaming at him to turn hims elf in for the murder of Bruce Wayne and the destruction of private property.

Bruce had to smile, in spite of it all, at the stupidity of the police but who ever had planned this attack had gotten just what they wanted Batman's name in ruins and Bruce Wayne seemingly dead, this wasn't the work of any of his normal foes this was beyond them, there was only one way to find out just who was behind this he had to get back out there on the streets and clear his name.

After a short while Batman was sat in the Batmobile and his destination was Gotham city.

Tag no one
  2. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Havoc

Havoc had been searching for quite some item. Apparently, there was no hero quite brave enough to venture out in this dark time. He sat, perched at the top of a sky-scraper, gazing around at all the hustle and bustle opf the city below him. He sighed, sounding strange through the mask he wore. This was going to take a while. It most definatly wasn't an easy job finding hero's in such an evil, corrupt city.

TAG: Any, none, whatever
  3. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Elu and myself will be starting from the same spot that we left off. This is GM approved.

Again, we would like to ask that no one interveres. :)

IC: Scarecrow
    ~Back Alley~

Scarecrow was amazed to see that his bullets did not hit his target, the mysterious man was able to dodge all his shots. After firing eight rounds, the gun was empty. The master of fear could find no way to strike fear in this being...most interesting, yet, most dangerous. As much as he wanted to find fear that has to reside deep within the sould of this man, he decided he had better chances of running and staying alive; it would be suicide if he didn't.

Scarecrow reached inside his suit, and pulled out another item that he had stolen from the building, a sword of types, much smaller than a regular sword, but taller than a dagger. He would use it should that man catch up with him. Then, he took off.

With his slender legs, it was easy for him to take long strides, resulting in a speedy escape. Though, he was distracted as he ran when he saw a man hidden behind the corner, watching them. He stopped in his tracks, not forgetting about the "ghost", but he thought the ghost would be able to comprimise for a few moments, just so Scarecrow, and, possibly, the ghost as well, could strike a little bit of fear in the man who had been watching.

"Good day to you, sir," Scarecrow said, approaching the man with long slow stride, his voice sounding a bit psychotic. "What is it...that you fear?" He reached out for the young man, spraying the toxins into his face. There was no doubt in Scarecrows mind that this man, had a little bit of fear inside of him, for the look on his face was that of a terrified individual. He waited for the toxins to sink in.

TAG: Darth_Elu, noone else
  4. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Robin

Robin had ventured through the city. Oddly enough it was quiet, an eeire quiet though. Nothing seemed peaceful. It may have appeared it. But a forced peace still wasn't peace.

Finally someone caught his eye. There was someone out atop the buildings. But who? Robin's stealth proved dangerous indeed as he now stood directly behind the person.

"Who are you?" Robin asked as the lightning struck. Revealing his presence.

His long cape draped over his thin frame. He had never seen this man before. Was it a man? He had yet been able to tell.

Tag: Havoc, anybody
  5. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Phantasm IC:

Phantasm watched as the figure pulled out some type of short sword, a dirk maybe? Who knew. With that, the figure ran off and Phantasm narrowed his eyes behind the mask, taking off quickly after him.

As he began gaining, he saw the person stop and begin talking to a new person. A civilian who dared enter Phantasm's territory and was looking on at the previous battle. Phantasm stopped to watch what the other person did.

He again asked what the other feared, interesting. He sprayed the toxins into the figure's face, and Phantasm watched.

Tag: Man

Man IC:

Man began reeling backward as Scarecrow and Phantasm approached him after momentarily stopping their duel with each other. Not good, not good!

Scarecrow spotted him and began speaking, the man's eyes went wide at the question.

"B-BATMAN!" he screamed, not in an answer to the question, but judging by the tone of the scream, more like a scream for the caped hero to save him.

That's when the toxins took hold and the man saw millions upon millions of cockroaches with red eyes and evil, devious faces, the size of men approaching him. No! No! NO! NO![/i]

"STAY! STAY BACK! NO! N-NO! You...You bugs! NO!" he screamed, backpedalling, "BATMAN! BATMAN SAVE ME!"

Tag: Phantasm

Phantasm again IC:

Phantasm watched the fear of bugs apparently take hold of the man suddenly. So, the toxins were to bring to life one's fear...no wonder they hadn't worked on her. She feared nothing more, everything she had feared had come to life. A broken woman.

Phantasm heard the screams for Batman and Phantasm glared.

"Batman will not save you."

Phantasm leaped and flipped behind the man and abruptly stabbed him in the back, ending his amusing act of fear, but also ending his cries that, had they gone on longer, might have attracted attention.

"I hate Batman, that one should die the worst death of all," muttered the Grim Reaper figure. But I love Bruce...or once did..that..that traitor...It's all his fault!

Phantasm shook his head and looked back upon the other figure, ready for anything.

Tag: Scarecrow
  6. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Scarecrow

"STAY! STAY BACK! NO! N-NO! You...You bugs! NO!" screamed the man, backing up rapidly. Scarecrow smiled evilly inside his grueling mask. "BATMAN! BATMAN SAVE ME!" Scarecrow grew a face of anger, and was about to thrust his sword like weapon straight through the mans chest. But, before he could do that, the "ghost" he was battling earlier leapt over the screaming young man and shoved the weapon he had on his hand straight through the young man, ending his screams and life.

"I hate Batman, that one should die the worst death of all," Phantasm said. Scarecrow stared at him, not sure what to do.

"I, too, hate Batman..." Scarecrow said, agreeing with what the ghost had to say. An idea formed in his mind. "Perhaps, instead of battling each other..." Scarecrow said, bringing his hand up to his chin. "...we should unite against one common enemy...Batman." He was taking a big chance here, for he was not sure if he could defeat this ghost. He awaited a reply.

TAG: Darth_Elu
  7. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Sorry I haven't been on in the last coupla days.

Havoc looked over his shoulder at the person who intruded upon his thoughts. He noticed a boy... perhaps young man. Must be Robin. It made sense that he did not know who he was. Few people did. Havoc prefered to work in the shadows and let the super heros such as Batman and robin take the spotlight. Feeling that he should still keep his secrecy about him, he simply said, "A friend." He turned back to gaze out at the city once more, his arms folded across his chest. FInding Robin had been easier than he thought.

TAG: Robin
  8. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4

"Don't avoid the answer," Robin threatened. "Who exactly are you?"

Robin had been through alot lately. And he wasn't about to let this guy get off easy. He was tired, irritated, and didn't feel like making anyone scream.

With Gotham at it's current state there was really no trusting anyone. No matter who they said they were.

9. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc smiled under his mask> He was going to have fun with this. He turned slowly, arms still folded, and looked into Robin's eyes... or what could be seen of them through the mask. In a quiet yet sincere voice, Havoc said, "If you cannot trust what I tell to you, then why should I trust you with a name?" The comment seemed to aggitate Robin for a second, but he couldn't tell. Feeling that his stubborness would get them no farther, Havoc decided to finally give a straight answer.

"However, I know who you are. I can trust you. Therefore, you will be privleged with a name. Havoc." Havoc was having a lot of fun. Luckilly the mirth has filtered out by his high-tech mask. Otherwise, Robin might not have taken him seriously.

10. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4

"Uh huh," Robin breathed out. "What are you doing in Gotham, Havoc?"

Robin's eyes narrowed. After everything that had happened, now some new guy? Why was he in Gotham? What was he looking for? Maybe he had ties to whoever burnt down the Manor.

Robin walked a bit to the side of the building, crossed his arms, and looked once more to Havoc.

Tag: Havoc
  11. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc burst out laughing. Through the mask, it sounded very cold and empty, but to him it was genuine. "Let me tell you something, Robin. I have been in Gotham since befroe you were born. Perhaps not fighting crime, but I have been here. For years I have aided the Batman and yourself in cleaning the streets of this city. Never for profit nor fame. Do not accuse me of coming in here during this recent turmoil." He was still chuckling every now and again. For some reason, eh found the entire situatin humorous.

12. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OCC the batmoblie i shall be driving is the tumbler from batman begins :D

Ic Batman

Location ? Gotham city

Rain started to lash down onto the roof of the car, better park the car outta sight the dark knight thought to himself. He knew just the place Wayne towers had a ?special car park? near by for his use personal use. Batman drove the car through the back streets and dark allys, he kept the tumbler in stealth mode for obvious reasons. After a short while he came to a small building just a short distance way from Wayne towers and flipped a shall switch on the dashboard and then the walls began to part and Batman drove the Tumbler into the building.

The building was almost like a home from home for the Batman, it was like a very very smaller version of the cave but for now it would have to make do, Batman leaped out of the car and sat in a seat that was by some small television screens. Batman thought for a moment about those who might be his allies and who might now be his enemy.

His thoughts turned quickly to Jason, he would have no doubt have returned to Gotham once he had heard off the ?death? of Bruce Wayne, Batman quickly made his way to the roof of the small building once there he stood there watching the streets of Gotham. He had played by his enemy's rules for long enough now it was there turn to play by his, with that he pulled his grappling gun from his belt and shot it in the direction of the nearest building and made his way into Gotham city.

Tag anyone who is friend or foe!
  13. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4

Robin just lifted his eyebrow.

"Fine, whatever," Robin said dryly. "Since you have been here for some time, any leads on who is behind all of this?"

Robin was smart enough to know it was none of Batman's small time foes. They couldn't do something as terrible as this. Not even Joker, Robin knew Joker's humor. But this just wasn't his style.

14. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: The Joker

The Joker noticed a fire escape ladder leading up the side of an apartment. There was probably money inside the apartment, so the Joker began to climb. Reaching a window, he bashed out the glass and peered inside. There was nobody inside, so the Joker climbed through the broken pane. The Joker examined the apartment. TV, stereo, grand piano, laptop...The Joker grabbed the laptop and stuffed it into a duffel bag nearby. Opening drawers in the desk, the Joker found a wallet with a few hundred dollars in cash, plus a few credit cards. He began to laugh his signature cackle. He would need some money to get on his feet. Walking over to a dresser, the Joker opened the top drawer and found a 9mm pistol buried beneath some old clothing. Checking the clip, he found that it was fully loaded. The Joker grinned. It was time to get out of here. Returning to the street, the Joker noticed a particularly brave soul who was driving around at this time. The Joker stepped in front of the car. "Hello, my name is the Joker and I'll be your hijacker today." The driver protested, and the Joker shot him. Entering the car, he gunned the throttle, cackling wickedly.

TAG: Batman (Catch me if you can!), Anyone
  15. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC Batman

Location Gotham city

A gun shot rang out through the air the Batman heard something even more sinister ring out in the air, a laugh well more of a shriek and it was the Joker!

Batman twisted his body mid swing to land on a nearby building as he did he hit the switch on his grappling gun to disconnect from the the line he had been swinging on, he watched as a small car tear away at breakneck speed and it was heading his way.

?Well looks like I better go say hi? Batman said to himself with that he leaped from the roof of the building he was on top off onto the hood of the car Joker was driving only to bounce wickedly off the hood and onto the pavement.

Tag the Joker! Now your not going to let a chance to run the Batman down now are you!
  16. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc stopped his laughing and became all business again. He considered the question for a short time. "No." He said at last. "I doubt it was a terrorist group, as the damage was small and located mainly on Wayne Manor as far as I can figure. That is not exactly a largely populated area. So we are dealing with someone who possibly has a grude with Mr. Wayne. Probably eliminates about half the world. However, jsut now we need to focus on who had the capabilities and the motive. Certainly not any of the figures known aroung Gotham. They are pretty small time and would have no reason to be burning down Wayne Manor. That is about most of the information I have thought out jsut now. You?" Despite the fact that Havo was anywhere from 5 to 10 years older than Robin, he knew his resume. Impressive stuff. He wanted his advice, most definatly.

17. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    CHARACTER APPROVED

Alias: The Penguin
    Height: 5' 4"
    Build: Short and chubby
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color/Style: Black, kept very neat, short, and clean
    Personality: Not psychotic like most of the Caped Crusader's villains, and sees himself as a "gentleman of crime". The Penguin has an odd obsession with birds and utilizes birds in most of the crimes he commits.
    Weaknesses: His fondness for birds, physical combat
    Alliance: None (as of yet)
    Street Clothing: Tuxedo and Top Hat with one of many trick umbrellas
    Costume: Tuxedo and Top Hat with one of many trick umbrellas
    Bio: Born Oswald Cobblepot, the Penguin was teased very much in childhood due to his short stature, obesity, and bird-like nose. These traits made him an outcast in his rich, debutante family. Their rejection drove him to become a violent criminal (at least one Origin story claims The Penguin and his mother owned a pet shop, and he became a criminal after neighborhood bullies murdered all the animals in the shop, including his beloved birds). In keeping with his family's tradition of wealth, the Penguin lives a life of crime and evil, yet executes it with his own self proclaimed high society class and style. He commits crimes with the theme of the various birds he loves.
    [image=http://www.bricabrac.com.br/batman_05.jpg]
  18. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

Carrie Kelly lay in the ashes of what was once her home. Bruce was dead and that meant batman was dead. Nothing else mattered. Now she was turly alone. Her catsuit clung to her body in a nice and comforting way but she still didn't move or open her eyes. She knew what she would see.

Hunger ate at her stomach and weariness clawed at her heart but she just lay there. She hadn't moved in three days. he was just gone. Like that.

TAG- Any
  19. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Phantasm IC:

Phantasm stared hard at this figure. Maybe the offer was good, maybe it was bad.

"Why? And what do you have against B..Batman?" Almost said Bruce, but no, his identity is my knowledge, and mine alone.

"And what is your name after all?" asked Phantasm simply.

Tag: Scarecrow

20. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Joker

The Joker flinched as something slammed into his hood. "Great, it's the Batman!" he said to himself. Batman bounced off of the hood and rolled into the street. The Joker gunned the throttle and drove over the Batman, the car bouncing. The Joker checked his rearview mirror and noticed that he wasn't getting up, so the Joker smiled and swung around a corner. All he had to do now was get as far away from here as possible.

TAG: Anyone
  21. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4

"I doubt it was a terrorist group, as the damage was small and located mainly on Wayne Manor as far as I can figure. That is not exactly a largely populated area. So we are dealing with someone who possibly has a grude with Mr. Wayne. Probably eliminates about half the world. However, jsut now we need to focus on who had the capabilities and the motive. Certainly not any of the figures known aroung Gotham. They are pretty small time and would have no reason to be burning down Wayne Manor. That is about most of the information I have thought out jsut now. You?"

"I've barely been able to come up with anything," Robin admitted. "None of it makes sense really. To attack Bruce Wayne, there's just no logic behind it."

Robin had hidden the real facts. He knew why. Someone out there wanted both Batman and Bruce out of the picture. Someone knew who he was. But only a hand full of people knew that. Ra's. Riddler. Neither having the need to do something like this.

Batman had faced many threats before. But what were they really after?

"Obviously someone must have ties to whoever did this," Robin suggested. "A deal had to be made. Money had to switch hands."

Jason knew all too well how people were greedy enough to let secrets out. At the right amount, who knows what could've happened.

Even Robin could not fathom how low this went. Or even how high it could lead.

"It's only logical the Manor is checked," Robin stated. "That site may have a clue hidden in it's rubble. I'll check that out."

22. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc stood there silently while he spoke. What he said made sense. It was all very logical. Still in a low voice, Havoc asked, "Will you need help with that, Robin?" He thought he'd say no, but it was worth a shot.

23. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4

"Will you need help with that, Robin?"

"No," Robin said coldly as he turned his back to Havoc.

Robin then stopped, Havoc may end up needing help. Or he could come upon something. Robin pulled a Comm unit from his belt and glanced back.

"Take this," Robin threw the comm at Havoc. "If you find anything contact me."

Robin went on his way again. Jumping straight from the building. While in the air he threw out his grapple and swung through the tall towering buildings. His motorcycle was parked in a hidden location.

He'd take that to Wayne Manor.

24. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Penguin

Gotham City; Iceberg Lounge; Night

Inside the very popular polar themed nightclub, the Penguin made his way down the large flight of stairs leading to the intricately carved fountain resembling a large chunk of an iceberg. A smile crossed his face as he adjusted his top hat and took a puff from his cigarette. Inside, his henchman, cleverly dressed as bouncers, stood at the doors as Penguin made his nightly rounds.

"Indeed, a nice night for a burgle or two, am I not right gentlemen?" Penguin directed his comment to Hawk and Shark as they returned a nod to their well-dressed boss. Penguin made his way to his office, where the television had a most interesting report.

-"...illustrious Wayne Manor, burnt to the ground by an unknown source, Commissioner Gordon believes to be a lone arsonist. It is also known that billionaire Bruce Wayne is also missing. He was not home when the fire occurred."- Penguin shut off the television and stormed from his office, a wide smile branching across his face.

"Gentlemen, I believe I have the perfect heist in mind."

"What would that be boss?" Hawk asked, his thuggish accent clearly noticable.

The Penguin smiled and switched his cigarette from one side of his mouth to the other. "Wayne Enterprises of course. It's ingeniously perfect."

"But what about security? There's gotta be a ton of guards if Wayne is missin'..."

The Penguin's face turned from jovial to angry as he swung his umbrella down on the table next to him. He spun around on his heels and walked forward a few steps and turned his head over his shoulder.

"Gentlemen, it is time to make a few phone calls..."

TAG: ANY
  25. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc grunted. "NOt the most friendly person, I guess." He said quietly to himself. He pocketed the communicator, then glanced out at the city. There were few places he knew to look. It seemed most of the answers would be found at Wayne Manor. Apparently Robin didn't want him there, so...

With little else to do, he leapt from the building, staying close to the wall as he fell. When he was about twnety feet from the ground, he slammed his right bracer into the wall. te blades on it caught the wall and slowed him considerably. He touched ground lightly and walked down the street.

TAG: ANy, none, whatever
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.