main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Batman logo billboards

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kampilan, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I saw one very cool Bat logo billboard on the Blvd and Paradise on the way to Maryland Pkwy last Sunday. Could this be promoting the new movie and cartoon series even though the logo is not used in either project? well, at superherohype.com, someone attending the Magic Marketplace con said WB is certainly pushing the Bat-hype with new clothing and stuff. I hope to get a photo of and with the logo before they take it down end of the week.

oh yeah, I love seeing the awesome crop tee Komp billboard again ;)

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    there's a new cartoon series comin out????!?!?!?!?!?

3. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yeah check out the WB Kids site, Cartoon Network or superherohype.com to catch some cool previews like the incredible opening sequences.

Its called "The Batman" and is based more on the look of the very campy 1960s live action show but with elements of anime like Batman Beyond(thank the Force :D ). Looks to be hot! The toyline is already out and DC Comics is producing "The Batman Strikes!" comics based on the show.

4. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    When is the line of comic coming out????

5. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    also can you or anyone else on the board tell me a good place in town to get comics???? i haven't bought comimcs in ages....the place i used to go was Woody's World in the galleria mall, but that place closed down a few years ago now

6. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Woody's World is now next to Trader Joe's on Green Valley Pkwy and Sunset.

7. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    really...i did not know that....that is good to know....they were always real nice to me when i came in there...there's a comic store by the dollar theatre on trop across from guitar center, but the guy just sat at his computer the whole time i was there...didn't say hi or nothing.

8. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    The only one I've seen is on Flamingo and Paradise above Check City. When is this new cartoon coming out?

9. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    is that an episode 3 icon JMZ? please let people know before you post if that is an episode 3 icon, there are many here that don't want to see that kind of thing.

10. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    It is an episode 3 icon dammit! Am I being too subtle here! NO FRIGGING EPISODE 3 STUFF ON THESE BOARDS UNLESS ITS IN A THREAD MARKED SPOILERS! THAT INCLUDES ICONS!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST FRIGGING STAR WARS MOVIE EVER I WANT IT TO BE UNSPOILED!!!!!!

NO EPISODE 3
    NO EPISODE 3
    NO FRIGGING EPISODE FRIGGING 3!!!!!!

11. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    jankaark, I believe The Batman preimeres next Saturday :)
    Read that the Batman Begins batmobile was actually on display but that security was heavy-tight during the Magic Con.

Cosmic Comics, is that the one on Trop you are referring to? I been there couple times. Mostly to pick up the BlueLine comic art boards. yeah the owner is one of those typical comic book owners I guess. :p
    Kool Kollectibles on W Charleston is okay. There's also Dreamwell on Charleston not too far from KK. Kool Kollectibles has a huge main store in Sahara which is a good place to buy back issues. Reasonably friendly. Alternate Reality near UNLV isn't bad. Staff is about only 1 or 2 guys usually on the computer too. Business is probably slow? I used to go there all the time but I hate driving Trop and Maryland, lol!
    Cheeseboy Comics is around Green Valley next to the theater but I haven't check it out yet. The Batcave was a nice place but I haven't heard from them since they last moved to Green Valley?

Stores I recommend:
    I love going to Tim Boal's Comic Oasis now only at N Rainbow. Cool guy! Sweet place.
    Dark Tower is new over at Decatur and Sahara behind Borders. Nice and friendly but pretty small selection. I get my new stuff there though.

Talon, yeah I used to check out Woody's World at the Galleria and noticed it was gone about 2 years ago.

12. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Speaking of billboards have you guys seen the new Komp 92.3 billboard. It's hilarious!!

13. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Batcave closed down about 2 years ago after it moved to the Target Shopping center on Silverado ranch and Eastern. I used to work on Silverado Ranch and Maryland Parkway, so I would visit it quite often. I was ther eon their last day and bout a bunch of Superman stuff for way cheap. It was a good/say day... such mixed emotions....

14. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Cheese Boy comics has closed down, unfortunately.

15. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    there is a pretty new comic store on sahara and decatur called desert something-or-other...i didn't go in when i saw it cause it wasn't open yet, but it should be by now.

16. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yeah the "dude" Komp ads are classic! they've been out couple months already. I still want a bumper sticker of the "hottie crop top" one though, lol

Sorry to hear about Cheeseboy Comics closing up. I've been to 2 of the Batcave locations. They had a lot of Star Wars action figures. Sorry to hear they closed shop as well. :(

Luminara, you are probably referring to Dark Tower Comics, behind Border's? Its been open about 3 months now. I've got a regular subscription there. Small, and lacks back issues, but still a cool, clean store and its at a good location(Border's, Jack-in-the-Box, Baja Fresh, Kinko's, etc).

Haven't been around the Bat emblem billboards lately...are they still up?

17. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I see it every time when i leave UNLV. And one on the way home on the 215 headed west from the airport.

they are failry interesting.

dkt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.