main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman: Madness Trailer online

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Aliensfilm, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aliensfilm

Aliensfilm Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2000
    Here is Yet Another Batman Fan film that has not been mentioned here, I think deserves attention. It's made by the same guys that brought us Dark Justice. :)
    Once again, it is not mine I'm just letting you guys know about it.

Batman Madness

I think Batman Fan Films are an up & coming thing & have even started pre production on one of my own ;)

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    WOW - What the heck is going on here ??? These Superhero FanFilms are looking (potentially) AMAZING !!! If the picture on the website is any indication, this looks to me a potentially cool looking Fanfilm as well.

And hot damn . . . SUPERMAN !!!!

Do you have any additional production pics you can post on your website ??? Production News?

JediTAC

3. NathanAlan

NathanAlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    I'm not all that excited about this film. The trailer didn't really do it for me.

First we have the voice of who I expect is supposed to be Clark Kent. A little off, I think. Next we see Batman who says You're just a spoiled farmboy, Clark. What do you know?. This doesn't make any sense. Clark isn't spoiled, nor has he ever been. He grew up on a farm with farming parents who didn't have a lot of money. Clark worked on the farm, helping his father, and wasn't in any sense spoiled. Bruce is the spoiled one. Not Clark. This lowered my hopes for the film.

Later we see Batman fighting Nightwing. The fighting is weakly done at this point. It looks so rehersed its sad. Then Batman hits Nightwing, sending him flying into a bunch of conveniently located 'empty' boxes?

The rest of the trailer basically consists of Batman/Superman/Nightwing fighting. And since the fighting I've seen so far doesn't look very realistic, I would assume that the rest follows suit. Poison Ivy doesn't really have the feel of Poison Ivy either.

I'm sorry but nice costumes alone don't make a good film, and it seems like that's what a lot of people think nowadays. You could put any group of Joe's who somewhat resemble the characters, and make a film.

It looks nice costume-wise, but again, it just looks like an excuse for a few characters to 'duke it out'. This is the Comic fanfilm equivilent to "A Jedi and Sith meet in a forrest and fight".

I'll hold my final say on this one, howeverm until I actually see the entire film.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

-NathanAlan

4. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Well this is one that looks good. Batman has gone mad!The suit looks like the Batman deadend one. Batmans voice is almost perfect to that of the animated series.
    Too bad there are no spiderman fanfilms out there!

~Rory

5. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I kind of agree with NathanAlan on this one - the costumes and "look" are quite nice, but the fighting looks a little weak. I always have trouble figuring out how Superman has ANY problems beating up the likes of Batman. The theme is obviously Poison Ivy doing her dirty work and messing Bats up. The editing, sound and costumes are also decent though.

"Spoiled farm boy" is pretty funny though - I've never heard of farm boys being spoiled before :p

We'll see when it comes out... for now there's a lot of novelty associated with fanfilms that aren't Star Wars or the Matrix on this board... though that's not bound to last. As we all know from Hollywood, great production values don't equate great films... and it won't be long until we hold ourselves up to the standard that Hollywood produces.

EDIT: I think the requirement for tall buildings and cramped city streets makes Spiderman a little bit of a challenge. In addition, pulling of the stuff like Ock vs. Spidey in SM2 requires probably more effort than a small crew could manage and still come up with nothing more than an FX test. Fan Spidey efforts are probably better suited to stop motion and animation - that's my guess anyway. The precedent set in the actual films is too hard to match.

-Spiff

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Batman's character is such that he would mouth off to The Pope if he were inclinded to do so.
    The very essence to Batman is that he pretty much doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks of him.

7. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Well, I'll disagree there. Batman has a mouth, but he isn't stupid. He'll only mouth off to or threaten those who could easily kill him if he has some kind of leverage.

8. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    That was pretty cool. Poison Ivy was pretty hot, just like she said, :D and the Mad Hatter is an interesting choice of villian! Plus it had Nightwing, sporting a mask that looks just like the ones Robin wears in the WB Batman movies! Not to mention a very awesome looking Batman costume.

Superman has trouble beating guys like Batman up because Batman is one of the few people who carries Kryptonite around with him everywhere he goes. Him and Superman and practically best friends, but still they cant trust each other either.

9. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    Could not get the trailer to work for the life of me.

10. Grapher

Grapher Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    A self-executable file?!?! Who had the ?bright? idea to make a self-executable?!?! I can?t even open the file!!!!

11. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I had no problems with the file working.

The fight sections that we see aren't great, but I've seen much worst, and from professionals. I'm prepared to cut them some slack if they have a good story and put real effor into crafting something interesting.

Remember, folks, that if you think some fanfilm is bad, just take a look at VanHelsing.

12. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Superman has trouble beating guys like Batman up because Batman is one of the few people who carries Kryptonite around with him everywhere he goes.

Eh - I maintain that the only reason Batman can ever even come close to beating Superman, is that poor old Supes patently proves he's a moron... always using brute force, forgeting his super speed and long range weapons.

I'll admit I thought the costumes were quite nice - I like this Superman better than the Grayson one - look wise anyway.

-Spiff

13. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    "Remember, folks, that if you think some fanfilm is bad, just take a look at VanHelsing"

What was wrong with Van Helsing? It kept me entertained the whole time.

14. TuxedoTom

TuxedoTom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2004
    I kinda liked that, I really like Nightwing now, if I could get/make a costume for him, I'd be tempted to make a fan film of him (*must get Ghostbusters out of the way*)

Costumes are nice, fighting was a bit sub-par, but I thought it looked quite good.

15. Mushiman

Mushiman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    The page cannot be displayed. :(

16. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    cant get the page to come up, i get a Cannot find server

17. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I liked it

18. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    That was sweet....can't wait for this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.