1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Batman: No Man's Land

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Vakama, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Marcus/Havoc

*Earlier in the night*

Marcus awoke. His dreams haunted him, relentless. He hated it. Dreams about death. About suffering. About destruction, and inncocents. Crimes, gangs, and about.... NO, he didn't want to think about it. He stood, stretched, and decided a little creime fighting would rid his mind of the images that flashed back and forth across his eyes. He dressed, donned his gear, and was out of the remains of te door in short order.

*Currently*

Havoc had hear comotion, several voices in discussion, though not a particularly friendyl one. He turned a orner, sticking to the shadows, to see two costumed figures talking. ONe turne,d walked away. The other pulled osmething out as.... Yes, as batman hopped down behind the retreating one. Intrigued, Havoc moved closer so as to hear. He was maybe twenty feet away now, nearly invisible in the shadows, when the girl fired a grenade of some sort. The explosion was blinding for a second, and when he looked back up, The retreating figure had activated a smoke screen and jumped onto a dumpster. She said something, but he only heard the name Bruce. Then the figure disappeared.

Havoc found this extremely interesting. It wasn't often he got to see the Batman. They worked different parts of Gotham, fought different types of crimes. He crouched down, lost in thought. He had seen the disappeared figure before. He couldn't place it though. He tried to recall it.

TAG: Any
  2. Vakama Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: as Batman
    Alley in Gotham

Batman stood over Cat Girl, and spoke in his usual whisper.

"I told you to stay away from her, and you deliberately went against my wishes! I want you and Robin, to find a place to stay, and STAY THERE!"

Batman walked slwoly out of the alley and into the streets. Behind a dumpster, he saw a figure crouching in the shadows. He looked familiar, but he couldn't place him. So, he went over to him slowly and quietly, spun him around, and picked him up by the collar. He propped him up against the wall, and yelled....

"What are you doing here?!?!"

TAG: HAVOC
  3. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Havoc

Havo's revery and thought was broken ubruptly when someone jerked him up and spun him around, slamming him into the wall. He cursed himself for being so careless and letting his guard down> Then, he noticed who it was. Batman. He had never seen BAtman up close and personal, and it was a slightly intimidating experience. However, he kept his cool. He was asked what he was doing here, and without any hesitation, he spoke. "Are you and your little anterage the only vigilanties allowed in this city?" He asked. He realized he may have been pushing his luck, but he didn't care.

TAG: Bats, any others
  4. Vakama Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: as Batman
    Alley in Gotham City

Bruce was playing "bad bat" and being a little more volital than he likes to be.

I didn't ask for questions!!! I want an answer!!"

He stood there, the muscles in his arms straining to keep him up.

TAG: HAVOC
  5. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc had thought the Bats to be a little more of a nicer guy. However, he didn't let himself get carried away. After all, Havoc was a fairly unknown superhero, and it didn't surprise him, with the current status-quo of Gotham, that Batman was suspicious. "Alright, alright. Don't lose your temper. Name's Havoc. Self-appointed vigilanty and over-all crime fighter. I was wandering the streets, saw the argument, and decided to watch. I like to patrol this area of gotham, and like to keep updated on what's going on. Good enough for ya' Batman?" He didn't mean to sound rude or whatnot, but he felt that he may of come across that way.

Tag: Batman
  7. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

Carrie didn't even look up. She knew how Batman was looking at her. Her coughing fits were still coming as she struggled to her feet. Normally she would have tossed a playful 'Cool it Bats' over her shoulder when she saw him tormenting a guy. Now wasn't the the time ans she could barely breath as it was.

She needed to find Robin. Carrie had no idea where Tim was. He might have tried to follow her but if so something bad must be holding him up cause he never took this long to do anything. She dicided that walking would be pointless as Tim could lap her around a block easily that way so popped her wheels and rolled along.

Carrie had to stop every block or so because a coughing fit would attack her. Was she allergic to that gas or something? Appearently not because she had gonce two blocks without coughing so sped up quite a bit. She felt a little light headed and dizzy but nothing to bad. Then she started coughing again but kept rolling as now she was going a bit fast to stop for coughing.

Suddenly a hard dizzy spell hit and Carrie pulled her hand away from her mouth to steady herself. She saw red stainign the neat black material of her glove. Carrie felt weak and put on her brake but a few feet from that point she hit a peice of rumble and went head over heels then rolled a few feet. Blood continued to come up when she coughed. She was allergic to whatever that gas was. "Robin!!!" she screamed.

TAG-Robin
  8. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Jonathan Crane

Jon walked the halls of the asylum. Obviously, some others had not been so lucky as he was, for they had been crushed under fallen stone and rubble. Though, many of the other insane people had been so lucky as to escape. It seemed as though he was the only one left in the whole place. No guards, no doctors, no nurses, nobody; just him. This gave him the perfect opportunity to search the whole place for what was rightfully his, and so wrongfully taken from him.

Weaving in and out of the hallways, Jon attempted to find the storage room. It proved to be a difficult task, however, as many passageways had been blocked by fallen rubble. He had finally come to the conclusion that it was an earthquake that caused this damage; it amazed him that he actually slept through it, it must have been a powerful one to cause such massive damage.

It made him wonder, as he was forced to take another way around caved in ceiling, how most of this place was still standing. Indeed, a lot of it fell, but the majority was left unscathed. Most interesting.

Finally, after a half-an-hour of widiling his way around the insane place, he arrived at his destination. Jon had never been down here before, and didn't know where to look for his belongings. As he walked to the entrance, he noticed it seemed to have a heavy security lock on it. He decided to try it, just incase. To his surprise, the door opened! How convenient. Jon began to wonder if this whole earthquake thing had been a deed by the gods...

As the former psychologist entered the room, he looked around, forehead scrunched in thought. He didn't know where to begin. Finally, choosing a cupboard, he opened it and began his search. Two hours later, his search had been completed with none of his actual belongings found. He did find his hat that he had enjoyed wearing, not as The Scarecrow, but as Jonathan Crane.

However, he did find a piece of paper that held vital information to him. It gave the location of a place that apparently stored all the tools and costumes made up by the crazy villains of Gotham City. It said the only entrance to the building was in an alley behind Wayne Enterprises...Curious indeed...Perhaps his belongings had been stashed there...It was worth a look.

TAG: Noone

OOC: One more post, and the Scarecrow shall be brought back! [face_devil]
  9. JamesBatista Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, I hate to sound so abrupt--but take me out of this RPG. Sorry about this, but I won't be able to participate in this one for now...
  10. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ic The Joker

Location ? The Jokers hide out down town Gotham

?Puddin it's so good to see you"
    Harley said jumping into the Jokers arms

?Ahhhhhhh my girl? Joker quickly let go of the woman and turned his back on her ?Did you see see my girl our new play ground? Joker said walking to a near by window? His voice ringing with excitement, he took his hat off and threw it away onto the floor and then did the same with his coat.

He was now stood at the window looking out at the destruction caused by the earthquake and smiled then began to laugh manically and then quickly turned to face Harley

?My girl did you bring Daddies toys with you, cos its time to go out to play? Joker started to laugh out loud again.

Tag my girl Harley
  11. -Jeb- Jedi Master

star 4
    Red X
    Gotham Catholic Church, Rooftop

High above the shattered grounds of Gotham was Red X, now in full garb. War was preparing to rear it's ugly head. He sat quietly, perched up on a half-gone statue of Jesus Christ. Not even our Lord and Savior could escape the destructive wrath of the earthquake, so it seemed.

He was crouched on the head of the large cement Cross, the right arm of which was now non-existant - not to mention the numerous cracks upon it's surface. It was a melancholy view. Red X tapped a few buttons over the temple of his ghostly mask, scanning the radius about him with the integrated infrared system in his helmet.

He saw nothing, except for a few undefinable characters off a good distance from him. He shrugged. This wasn't his problem. His problem was the city. He had to get out. Fast.

TAG: None, Any. Whichever.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. I'm just trying not to fall too behind. Especially not so soon into this./>
  12. Vakama Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: as The Batman

Batman spat, "This is my town!!" in Havoc's face and threw him into a dumpster. Then he slowly walked off into the darkness....

Once into the main streets with all of the police and remaining civilians, he remembered that the Joker was still alive and well. He pulled out his comelink that connected to Robin and Catgirl, and spoke into it.

"I'm going to find the Joker, stay put."

TAG: all
  13. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5

Havoc pulled himself out of the dumpster. He wasn't aprticularly offended. He had expected Batman to react a little better though. As Batman strode away, Havoc said mroe to himself than anyone, "Hate to break it to ya' Batty, but this town belongs to a whole lot more poeple than just. I have to live in this city too." Havoc turned and strode down the street, walking away from Batman.

TAG: Batman
  14. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: Batman's gone emo or something? o_O Not how I envision the Bat, but that's just me. :p

I'll post later when I can. :)
  15. -Jeb- Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: For those of you who are curious enough, the link in my character sheet is now working again. :)
  16. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: And what a nice link it is. :p

Havoc moved away from Batman, muttering to himself of stubborn rats with wings, and the men who choose to hide beneath them. WHile he hadn't been bothered before, he was now quite upset by the arrogance displayed by the awe-inspiring figure of Batman. His city indeed! As he was lost in his thoughts, Havoc noticed something ying on the ground... a person. A young girl by the looks of it. He quickened his pace and knelt by her side. He glanced around, making sure things were safe. They appeared to be... well, at least as safe as kneeling in the rubble of a dempolished city could be. He turned the girl over. It was the one from earlier... the one that was with Batman. He was tempted to leave her. Pay back Batman in a way. However, he finally decided that she shouldn't suffer for what the Batman has done wrong. The only problem was, he had no idea where to take her. She seemed not to be woudned, and appeared to be breathing fo rthe time being, but Havoc doubted the Hospital was up and running. He knew that it would be doing her no favor either to bring her to a hospital. He knelt there, trying to figure out what to do.

TAG: Any, none, whoever
  17. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Jonathan Crane

Jonathan, after traveling for about two hours on foot, had finally reached his destination. He deemed the city too demolished to drive a vehicle. All the roads were pretty much destroyed; bridges de-constructed and fallen to the ground; hell...even all the cars he could find had had a piece or two or rubble from fallen buildings smashed through the windshield or through the car itself. To him, it was quite humorous. Who knew how many people died? He hadn't run into a living soul yet. He did, however, see the occasional hand, leg or other body part sticking out from under rubble.

Perhaps, the Bat had died! That would be very good, indeed! Unlikely. He was probably flying around in his fancy plane during the earthquake, watching as his beloved city was destroyed.

On his way to the alley, he had noticed the bridges that lead in and out of the city had been destroyed as well. Either that, or lifted up. That indicated that the town had most likely been evacuated. So, he was even sure if any single person, including Batman, was located on Gotham city. He might be the only one. He didn't mind.

Jon turned down the alley in which he was indicated on the card he had found. The building surrounding him, for the most part, were still standing. He noticed a body up ahead. There was blood smeared on the wall behind it. Interesting...no rubble, no rocks, nothing...Just a person, and blood. With a closer examination, he noticed a bullet hole wound in the victim. This person had been murdered! In this same alley! A small hint of fear appeared on his face, but he brushed it aside: he was the one who instilled fear in everyone...not the other way around. Though, he knew he must hurry if he would want to survive. So, he took off in a slight sprint.

Coming upon the door, he entered the code in the keypad terminal beside it. After opening it, he realized he didn't even need to do so, as the door had already been open....Perhaps the murderer was located within...Oh well, he would just have to find his toxins and scare the murderer to death!

Weaving in and out the hall ways of the, what was now, underground facility, Jon finally came upon a room of interest. Inside it, there were many different costumes which belonged to the many deranged criminals of Gotham. There was a coin beside a gun, a black suit covered with green question marks, and many more. Then, there it was. His mask, located next to his customary suit. He felt his eyebrows raise with excitement as he drew nearer. Picking the mask up, he smiled wickedly. He smiled for more than one thing: the first touch of his scary mask in years, and the contents which resided underneath the mask. There lay his toxins which caused all his victims phobias to come to life! His life work that was wrongfully taken from him.

After studying his possessions for a few long, satisfying minutes, Jon finally began to put them on. For the first time in years, Jonathan Crane ceased to exist, and The Scarecrow was born!

TAG: Noone

IC: The Scarecrow

The Scarecrow, formerly Jonathan Crane, began walking outside, his toxins secured inside of his costume, the hose which carried the toxins out and into the bloodstream of his victims ran down his arm, the tip protruding his sleeve for easy extrusion. Also, he had picked up a few extra trinkets which he deemed useful: smoke balls for easy escapes, a gun incase something went wrong, and a few other items.

The instiller of fear, as he liked to call himself, began his exit out of the building, the fear that he had possessed entering the building now gone. As he exited, he began his search for his first victim to terrorize, if any remained.

TAG: You know who you are! [face_mischief]
  18. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

Carrie heard the Bat through her comlink. "Hey *cough,cough* Bats,I think that *cough,cough,cough* whatever Andrea sprayed in *cough,cough,cough* my face I might be allergic *cough,cough* to it." she said over the comlink.

She waited for an aswer or for Robin to come. Tim, her best and only friend. But that's what happenes when you live in Gotham.

TAG-Batty,Robin
  19. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: Genimay, Chukles38 is holding you right now, just so you know. :) Chukles, don't forget to tag the person you're talking/interacting with next time. :p

Post coming soon I hope. :)
  20. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Oh, didn't I? Dangit, I usually do. :p anyways.....

The girl spoke. He still knelt there, not knowing what to do. He hoped Batmna would respond. Perhaps he'd know better than Havoc would. However, Havoc now knew what caused the girl's condition. It was strange she didn't notice him though.

TAG: Carrie, anyone else
  21. -Jeb- Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: I'm sorry, but this RPG just isn't going anywhere for me, and I'm kind of busy with an RPG of my own, along with numerous others and some RL stuff. I apalogize, but I'll have to leave this before I get anywhere. [face_peace]
  22. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: Take care, Jeb. By the way, I request nicely that no hero intervene with this meeting. ;)

Phantasm IC:

Phantasm quietly held the writhing and struggling male cop tightly by his throat, wondering what to do. Upon standing there for a little over a minute and coming to no creative solution that warranted a liking to him, Phantasm simply shrugged and stabbed him in the heart with his other hand, instantly killing the cop.

"Another one bites the dust, they say."

About to carelessly toss the body off to the side and jump to the next building, he stopped and looked down the building to the ground below and noticed an interesting figure walking out of the room she had once walked into to stake out much earlier in her hunt. It had already been opened when she had gone in there, but she felt no need to grab any of the stuff, and made sure no one else did...however it seemed someone took advantage of her being busy and got in...more than likely not knowing of her presence...most died that knew she was around.

Time to pause the fool. Holding out the body with one hand, Phantasm dropped the murdered cop down onto the ground below, right in front of this new person. And there he stood atop the building, looking down and waiting for acknowledgement of "his" presence. Once the newcomer looked up and saw "him," he would jump down to greet them.

Tag: Scarecrow
  23. Vakama Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: Seeing as things aren't going as I hoped they are, I have decided to eliminate the ONE CHARACTER ONLY RULE. I think that right now, it's a bunch of people wandering around a demolished Gotham, tipping their hats to various vigilantes and villians.

So, if you want to have another character, feel free to do so. IF IT IS AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER, NO CHARACTER SHEET IS NEEDED. IF YOU ARE MAKING UP YOUR OWN, THE SEND IT TO ME VIA PRIVATE MESSAGING.

I am really at a loss of what to do, right now. So, I am going to go through various things and come up with a direction to take this thing along.
  24. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Unfortunately, I am ubable to make another character. :(

IC: Scarecrow

As Scarecrow walked out of the alley, he heard a very distant noise. He paused, trying to hear it better, but was unable to find its source. Perhaps just an after-effect from the earthquake. Though, he was soon to find out that he was quite wrong.

Behind him, something hit the ground like a bag of bricks. He instantly turned around, only to see a body laying where the sound had come from. He looked up and was quite amazed at what he saw. The Bat! It was him! Though, why would he kill a person, much less a cop? Maybe in his visit to the asylum, Batman had gone evil. How delightful would that be? Maybe he was wrong. He would soon find out...

"Why hello there Batman! Why don't you...come down here and pay your respects to your friend here?" The Scarecrow leisurely stroked his arm, or his hose, rather, patiently waiting for the Bat to arrive.

TAG: Darth_Elu

OOC: I am making it seem as thought he thinks you are Batman. ;)
  25. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: Sounds good to me, first glance from afar or behind, and that's what everyone thinks. ;)

I'll debate about a second character.

Phantasm IC:

Batman? Oh well, this foolish challenger would learn soon enough. Then again...it was probably one of those he put behind bars and if that's the truth...possibly a challenge.

Phantasm decided to take this one seriously as he continued to look down at this new person in silence for a few moments before turning away from view and activating the gas.

She appeared behind the person, a favorite trick, and just as the smoke began to come to a point where it would give her away, Phantasm reached out a hand and grabbed the person by the shoulder, turning them around with his left hand still on the person's shoulder.

Phantasm raised his right hand, the blade looking threatening...but that was it, a threat, for now anyway.

"Guess again. I don't wear kid gloves. Who do you think you are?"

Tag: Scarecrow
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.