main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Batman: No Man's Land

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Vakama, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: The Scarecrow

Batman stood atop the building for a few moments, his cape fluttering in the wind. Then, he turned away like the coward that he was. Scarecrow let out a wry laugh, than realized there was smoke atop that building. Smoke began to form behind him as well, and, before he could turn around, Batman had seized him by the shoulders and whirled him around.

What he saw almost put fear into his eyes. The person that he thought was Batman had proven to be someone other than Batman, someone with a much more fierce looking mask. This person wore a mask that highly resembled a skull. On his right hand was a sharp object that resembled a two-edged axe.

"Guess again. I don't wear kid gloves. Who do you think you are?" said the man in a terrifying tone. Though Scarecrow only smile, and raised his hand, spraying the toxins out of his hose into the mans face. The toxins had proven to penetrate even the strongest materials, so, there was no doubt it would penetrate this mans mask.

"Fancy trick," he said, waiting for the mans fears to become a reality.

TAG: Darth_Elu

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Phantasm IC:

The man smiled and Phantasm kept his eyes held steady on the person. The look only hardened when the person raised their hand up. And what are you up to?

Suddenly this unknown figure released some sort of gas, a toxin of a sory into her face that penetrated her mask. Phantasm quickly backed away a few steps and let go of them while coughing a couple of times.

Damn him, what is this!?

However, after just a few coughs, that was about it. Phantasm shook his head for a moment then looked back up at the figure who just stood there, looking a little smug about something. Behind the helmet, Andrea was raising an eyebrow. Nothing to be smug about, she wasn't any less healthy or injured at all, no psychological damage...whatever it was, it probably hadn't worked. Just made her feel a little light-headed and cough for that one minute.

Judging by the person not moving and acting upon it, she was probably right too.

"And what exactly were you hoping to accomplish with that?" asked Phantasm in an amused and irritated tone, taking a step closer and raising the bladed hand threateningly again.

Tag: Scarecrow

Man IC:

A man, probably just leaving his teenage years by the looks of him quietly watched from around the corner. Who were these two people?

Tag: No One for now

3. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Tim Drake/Robin
    Unknown Location

Carrie crawled along the dark streets of Gotham. All around her, there was nothing. Not a soul, not a building, not a streetlight to guide her along her way. Only her. She was isolated, as if she was completely left and forgotten by everything and everyone around her. She began to cough as tears began to form in her dark, drooping eyes. As she coughed, blood spilled from her mouth, the metallic red liquid staining the cold and eerie concrete beneath her. Her clothes were ripped and torn, and cuts and bruises could be seen along her pale skin. "Robin!" she cried. "Help me!"

"No!" Robin's brown eyes shot open, his suit filled with sweat. His face was still masked, but his arms and legs were tied to the most uncomfortable chair he had ever sat himself in. "Oh, it was just a dream," he said to himself, apparently not noticing the surrounding milieu. "Or was it?" Then it hit him like a slap in the face. All around him was nothing but darkness, save the bright light that shone down upon him as he sat strapped to the cold metal chair. He cursed to himself as he was not tied in ropes, but metal chains. If it was rope, he could easily use one of his many gadgets to free himself, but metal chains were a different story. Whoever had trapped him was good.

"Ah, I see you have awaken," a cold and eerie voice spoke in the darkness. Robin's eyes darted around the area, but he came to the disdaining conclusion that his efforts were in vain. His alias was not literal, for he could not see in the dark as well as a bird.

"Who are you?" he asked, remaining calm. "Where am I?"

"Me?" the cold voice said. "I imagine all manner of names shall be heaped upon my humble visage but, for now, let us simply say I am the villain."

"Talking in riddles. I should have known. So I guess I can call you Sir Coward then? After all, you are speaking enigmatically and continue to decline showing your face."

"Why must one show his face, if all that follows is disappointment? Sight is but a mere deception from reality, treating your mind like a helpless puppet. Notice the fact that you cannot see anything, yet you sit there, in your chair, knowing that I am here, talking to you in a casual manner. This was not imparted onto you by sight, was it?"

"Speak English and quit acting like a freak." Robin was beginning to get quite annoyed by the enigma's speech patterns.

"Who's acting?"

Robin's eyes finally found the mysterious being as he stepped into the light, revealing himself. The man stood tall, in a long black cloak with a hood that was draped over his head, concealing his face from Robin's vision. The outfit looked awfully familiar, and Robin finally remembered. "Enigma. Why do you want me, why have you captured me?"

Enigma lowered his body, and put his concealed face close to Robin's. "Help."

Tag: No one

[b]GM Approved: Character #2 - Original Character #1[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Unknown
    [b]Alias:[/b] Doesn't personally have one, but is referred to by the public as "Enigma."
    [b]Age:[/b] Unknown
    [b]Gender:[/b] Male
    [b]Height:[/b] 6' 2"
    [b]Hair Style and color:[/b] Unknown
    [b]Physical Appearence:[/b] http://bloodknight.net/Pictures/Unknown_001.jpg
    [b]Faction:[/b] Both, as you will see later
    [b]Weapon(s):[/b] Hands
    [b]Family and Marital Status:[/b] No family, no friends
    [b]Personality:[/b] Very enigmatic, intelligent
    [b]Traits:[/b] Tends to rant on about his beliefs.
    [b]Bio:[/b] Nothing much is known about Enigma. All that has been imparted onto the public is that he is a merciless killer, committing himself to killing innocent civilians throughout the streets of Gotham. The public is somewhat confused that, after the large earthquake that defaced Gotham City, his murders have been becoming more and more frequent, as the crime rate continues to rise.

OOC: The many unknowns of Enigma have been explained to Vakama and approved. I feel it will add to the story's depth if all of these were revealed as the story evolves.

4. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    IC: Scarecrow

The toxins released from the Scarecrows arms chased after this unknown killer. Scarecrow laughed hysterically, and walked after the, now, coughing killer.

"Remember, fear-" he began to say before stopping in mid-sentance out of utter shock. The killer merely stood at full height, towering over the already tall Scarecrow. The toxins had not worked; for the first time ever, the toxins failed. All he could do was stare.

"And what exactly were you hoping to accomplish with that?" he asked in his deep, menacing tone. He didn't know what to say.

"It...didn't work..." His voice mirrored his shock. He snapped out of his disbelief, and pulled out the gun that he had stolen inside the building and fired a shot as quick as possible into the mid-section of Phantasm. If his toxins would not succeed, the gun most definately would.

TAG: Darth_Elu

5. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Tim Drake/Robin & Enigma
    Unknown Location

Help? Robin thought. Why would a villain ask a hero for help? What kind of help could I offer a villain, and a good one at that? He decided it was time to find out. "Help with what?" he asked Enigma.

"Vengeance!" Enigma said in a rather loud and angered voice as he clenched his left gloved fist.

Robin was taken aback by Enigma's sudden outburst after his run at serenity. "Vengeance on what? What are you talking about?"

"The rebellious beings of this city. Can you not understand it, Robin? Can you not see them, hear them, feel them all around you, encircling you like a flock of famished birds? The criminals and villains of this city must be the recipients of my good friend, justice."

"So why do you prey on innocent civilians?" Robin asked, bewildered.

Enigma sighed in frustration. "Why do you accuse me of such false acts? I have never murdered an innocent civilian, never harmed a person living life in serenity. They're brainwashing the city, making you all feel sorry for them when you are the veritable victim!"

Robin sighed. "Look, can you get to the point already?"

"Curiousity and impatience," Enigma said. "Two unnecessary traits, especially for someone of your significance. Now, where was I? Ah, yes. As I've said, the people that fall victim to my lethal hands are not the random citizens you surmise they are. They have all done something to cause them to deserve what they are now receiving."

"Like...?"

"Murder, blackmail, hitman hiring, take your pick. Oh, and let me say that the hitmen get what they give as well."

"So the people you kill," Robin said, the truth rushing to him, "are the people who have killed?"

"Precisely. Now you're getting it."

"So you're not all bad?" Robin started to get a little curious.

"Well, that is for you to decide, for I have no control over your perspective."

"And you need me to help you bring justice to Gotham."

"Excellent!" Enigma cried, rather loud, his deep and cold voice reverberating throughout the darkened room.

"Why me? Why not Batman?"

Enigma stopped for a moment as an awkward silence filled the room. "Robin, Batman is my next target."

Tag: No one

6. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Havoc

Havoc still knelt there... no idea what to do. If he knew where the Batcave was, he'd take her there, but he didn't so that was not an option. He made up his mind. He needed to find Batman. he didn't knwo why. He jsut knew he needed to. He scooped the limp form of the girl into his arms and ran through the streets, in the direction the police headquarters used to be. Perhaps the Bat signal was still operational. If it wasn't he had no diea what he wAS GOING TO DO. iT DIDN'T MATTER TO HIM THOUGH. He had to do something.

TAG: ANy
    OOC: Sorry bout the caps. Stupid caps lock.

7. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Carrie felt herself being picked up. She was still struggling to breath. Finally she couldn't take it anymore and ripped the mask from her face. Now her nose was fully funtional but her idenity revealed. Not that she cared. Living was pretty important. "Thanks." she muttered between coughs.

Her bright eyes looked up into a face she couldn't remember but almost knew. Short shaggy blonde hair fell across her face but Carrie didn't have the strenght to move it. Her coughing fits were increasing in violence and fear had gripped her chest.

TAG-Chuckles38

8. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Havoc

The girl in his arms awoke. She thanked him, but she still sounded weak. She tore off her mask as well. He didn't envy her for having to do that. Obviously her condition was worse than he origanally thought. "No porblem." He told her, getting winded by the running and extra baggage. He came up on the Police headquarters. It was in ruins. The main structure seemed pretty sound, but the walls were crumbling, and the roof looked to be caving in. HAvoc, throwing caution to the wind, ran up the stairs. As he burst out onto the roof, he saw the bat signal, dismounted and disconected. He didn't know why he came here. There would be no power. He laid the girl down, and spoke to her. "I won't be far. Hang in there." He went over to examine the light.

TAG: Carrie, any

9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Phantasm IC:

Phantasm watched this man carefully with a hard look in the eyes.

"It...didn't work..." The tone of the voice as well as the words her previous thoughts. Didn't work whatever it was.

"Apparently not, so foolish."

Suddenly, the man reached and pulled out a gun, just seeing this motion was enough to prepare Phantasm for it, he was used to guns being pulled on him, so this was nothing. If she was untrained..still Andrea from the past..yes, then it would work. Would kill her. But no, now she was Phantasm.

The gun was up and out and firing. And Phantasm was on the move.

The grim reaper like figure dodged to the right of the shot and reached out for the attacker's firing arm, hoping to grab and twist it then use her other elbow to smash into his face. Who knows if it would work on this peculiar fellow.

"I don't know why you were mumbling about fear earlier, but I have none for I bring the angels of Death," she stated as she dodged and attacked.

Tag: Scarecrow

10. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    I am announcing my departure of the Jedi Council Forums, as I have been thinking on some things lately.....

I was watching my math teacher work problems, but i wasn't really paying attention. I was thinking about this site, and all you guys.

"Why am I here??"

All those thoughts crossed through my head, and in my mind, I pounded my fist on the desk, and yelled out I will not fantasize about being Batman, or Luke, or Colonel Mustard, or ANYBODY, ANYMORE!!

I hope this puts some sense into your heads. But as for me......

I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!

LSA :) Edit: Just helping to make things concise.

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: "Why am I here??

I don't know. Why are you here? :p

Adios. :)

LSA :) Edit: Let's offer warm farewells only, 'kay? ;)

12. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Umm.... Can I be Batman?

LSA :) Edit: Just summarising.

13. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004
    LSA :) Edit (loose interpretation): I hope to improve other things in my life, and am leaving so that I might be able to do that.

14. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Listen, Vakama, if you want to leave, then that's your choice.

LSA :) Edit: All the best!

15. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Now, what are we goind to do with this RPG?

LSA :) Edit: We are locking it because it is for the best. Should anyone wish to create a new Batman game, they may do so. The usual rules apply.

16. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, i really am terrible at running rp's. SO, I would, but I can't. I'd liek to see the rp continue, but if no one else does, then i'd be happy to let it go.

17. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Nope Vakama, you sure couldn't. Anyway, we could give this RP a fresh start. Anyone wanna Co-GM with me? I have a few ideas for a story.

18. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    I would co-gm it with you, if no one else will. Again though, I'm not realy good at it. :p

19. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Awesome man. Just send me a PM if you're interested and we can get started.

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Just lock this thread and start a new thread, then in the opening post state that any from this RPG should be allowed to play the characters they had in this one if they wanted.

The rest is up to y'all.

21. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004
    LSA :) Edit: Just offering my final farewell comments.

22. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Uh, Right. that's fine. i like the idea of starting our own thread anyways.

23. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    :eek:

I am currently GMing my own game and co-GMing another, so I will not be able to help out with GMing duties if this is to be continued. However, I will undoubtedly continue to participate as my two current characters. :)

24. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Vakama...that doesn't mean that we will not be allowed to GM another batman game...if we open up another one. ;)

Now please, if you think you are too good to be here...then why do you still post?

I would help GM...but I am not too good at it. Plus, I am in like...4 or 5 other RPGs, I don't think I would be able to GM one. I will gladly reprise my role as Scarecrow...

Elu...would you want to continue?

25. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    That's great then. Chukles and I are working on it right now. So keep a sharp eye for the upcoming Batman RPG!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.