main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman Scores Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthBoba, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, to your ears it doesn't work. But I doubt that applies to everyone. :p *raises hand*.

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Musically, Batman Begins is nothing special (aside from some of JNH's material), but in the film it works undeniably well.

I suppose those are the two ways of looking at any film score, really.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, it definitely brings me right back to the movie.

Molossus is fun to drive to. :p

4. MrUnderhiII

MrUnderhiII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Yeah, Begins was a good score, but I was disappointed. Zimmer has said that Begins is a movie about batman becoming Batman and that the score reflected that. The next film, the dark knight, should be much more than extrordinary background music.

5. AnakinJedi007

AnakinJedi007 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2001
    HI, im still really confused about the track: Molossus, making a nod to Elfman's original theme as Zimmer stated in the interview it does... where? if anyone knows the track time; eg. (2:34), can you please post it... cuz for the life of me all i can really hear is the "new" theme they created for Batman, the same theme heard when he tells Falcone "I'm Batman" (cue music). Thanks...

In the score to the first film, the main "Batman" theme only shows up towards the end, kind of like a springboard for the second film...

Absolutely, that's the whole idea. It's Batman Begins! There's a whole theme that's written and on purpose not in the movie. We were basically betting that this movie might work out alright and there would be another one, so we wanted the character to develop. He hasn't earned that theme yet!

taken from an interview with Hans Zimmer at http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=210

6. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006

Sometimes I listen to the slower songs when driving: Eptesicus, an edited first minute song of Tadarida, Nycteris, Corynorhinus, Lasiurus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.