Batman The Dark Knight Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by JediMaster22, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The only music in the film that seemed to have any worth was the Harvey Dent material, which was simply a rearrangement of a theme from Begins with some more noble harmonies added in. It sounded like a Howard arrangement of a Zimmer theme to my ears.

Everything else was extremely blah or simply noise with no substance. The film was quite good, however.
  2. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    What Harvey Dent material was this? The only music I noticed was the final confrontation music, which was quite good.
  3. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's a motif that comes up two or three times in the film that seemed to represent the newfound hope that Dent was bringing to Gotham. It's usually played by noble horns and definitely based on expanded material from Begins.
  4. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    My CD was the same way. It started skipping towards the end of the final track and then it just hangs up. Took it back and exchanged it and my second copy works perfectly fine. Obviously a batch of disc have a glitch in them.
  5. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    To be honest, I rather enjoy listening to the soundtrack. It isn't exactly what I'd call a classic score, but there's just something about it that I find worthwhile. I really enjoy "Harvey Two-Face". Best track on the album. I don't even mind "Why So Serious?" either. It's fun, at least in terms of a listening experience, if not a true film score.
  6. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I loved the Dark Knight soundtrack. A litle different that the Batman Begins soundtrack, but not bad.
  7. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Listened to it some more. Its biggest problem is that its bookended by Why So Serious and A Dark Knight, the former of which works okay in the film but is annoying otherwise, and the latter of which is boring. In between those two, it's generally a pretty listenable Batman Begins redux.
  8. andy1044 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Word on the street is that Zimmer is going to take a substantial break from scoring films now that Dark Knight is finished.
  9. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
  10. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    ^lol.

I got the CD a few days ago, and I think I generally liked the score to Begins a whole lot more. Although I'm Not A Hero is a pretty good track, I think.

And one definite plus: at least the track titles aren't species of bats this time.
  11. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    ^^ I agree with that one, lol.
  12. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    3 years after Begins came out, the only track where I can say "this is where it is" in the movie is Molossus. And the opening credits of course.
  13. CaptSparrow Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed as well, you can actually listen to the music and look at the title and tell where it is in the movie.
  14. CaptSparrow Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I listened to the soundtrack on CNET, you can stream it there. The first track was odd, it went from that music played at Qatar in Transformers to mindless noise to Jack Sparrow's DMC theme to Kraken theme and then back to mindless noise. All that was about 3 1/2 minutes into the score. I stopped after that. I shudder to think what the rest of the CD is like.
  15. Robi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Then maybe I can make you listen to the rest ;) Listen to "Like A Dog Chasing Cars" and then "And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad". Those are great tracks.

It is a good score, really. And the first track is actually great. You just need to see the beauty of it=P~
  16. Vader92 Jedi Knight

star 1
    From what I've heard the score sounds great. I look forward to listening to the rest of it.
  17. snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Master

star 4

Hahaha, yeah, I was trying to talk to my friend about a track I liked from the Begins soundtrack and I was like "crap, I can't remember all of my bat species."

Other than that I really don't see any improvement.
  18. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    Honestly I didn't care too much for the music. It wasn't bad but at the same time I really only cared about the characters. Danny Elfman has the signature Batman score in my book.
  19. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Either him or Shirley Walker.
  20. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Shirley Walker's Batman music is the best in my book. I'm hoping there will be a release of her Animated Series music at some point.
  21. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    There are rumors that La La Land Records is coming out with something soon.
  22. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope it happens, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
  23. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I enjoyed the music for the film as I thought it was suited. It did it's job by helping to establish mood. I haven't had the chance to get the soundtrack for this one, but I certainly hope too.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.