main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Non SW RPG)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Koohii, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Catwoman and Margo were hidden well. There Catwoman undid Margo's ropes and stood there.
    "Soon your man will be here. Don't worry," Catwoman said as she knew that the Shadowman and Batman with his dynamic team were battling Ra.
    Catwoman couldn't believe what she did, but she knew she had to.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "Yes, but it's been a long, long, day. After dinner, I'm off to bed."

OK,
    Ra's al Ghul is in a dimensional prison
    Scarecrow is in Arkham
    Riddler is... hasn't posted in a long time
    Catwoman has been drafted/blackmailed into working for The Shadow
    Joker isn't a major factor
    Penguin hasn't posted in a long time...

Do we have any villains on the loose? Is it really just the 2 comedy sidekicks that all the rest of us are going to beat up on?

3. Galak-Khan

Galak-Khan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2003
    Daniel used his flash on a lower setting to manvouvere down the hotel stairs, thought it was slow going, and finally got back to the lobby mess. He walked out and went back to his car, that was still in one piece, thankfully.

He remote unlocked his beloved Mustang and unhooked all his camera equipment, replacing it in the rucksack. He carefully removed the little metal box from his jacket pocket and unthreaded the wires from his arm.

Lets hope this little gem actually worked... he thinks. He uses the journey back to his apartment to dictate hs article and can virtually taste the Pulitzer he reckons he'll get for it.

Back in the aparment, he takes a look at his handy-work and is pleased to see that some of the shots have come out crisply, others are totally blurred or too dark, but considering the circumstances, he hasn't done too badly.

He sits down at his desk and opens up his laptop, typing up his article for Time, using the dictated notes...

Just over an hour later he finishes, and mails the completed article to the office, ready for the next edition.

4. Galak-Khan

Nov 15, 2003
    OOC: I'd quite like to take the role of Riddler, if everyone else is cool about that, playing a journalist is fun and everything, but leaves little scope for mad speeches, evil and riddles!

The comedy sidekicks are great fun though!

5. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Once in the care of the hospital, Talia's identity is enough to promote care to the "special" wing. Within an hour, she has been transferred to another facility owned and operated by Ra's al Ghul's international organization.

An hour after that, she has a phone conversation with Lex Luthor.
    "What can you tell me about something called 'The Phantom Zone'?"
    "Well, assuming you don't mean the area of Africa in which The Phantom operates, it was used as a prizon system on a far away planet. About 20 years ago, three criminals were freed from it and gave Superman quite a fight."
    "How were they freed?"
    "As I recall, it was something to do with a nuclear explosion in space near enough to the location of their portal. Appearently the portal drifts around, relative to our dimension. It was just a coincidence that their portal was in the vicinity of that rogue missile, and that they were within range of our sun. Had they been anywhere else, they might have been released only to die in the vacuum of space.[/brown]
    "A nuclear explosion... I see."
    "Not the easiest or safest thing to engineer, but yes. Of course, you have to have an environment suitable to the person or thing imprisoned, and be prepared to deal with radiation sickness."[/brown]

"If you can find it in the first place."

"Yes. I've been working on trying to build a machine that would allow me to transit back and forth between here and the Phantom Zone. It might be handy to be able to rehabilitate someone from there. To offer them honest employment opportunities."

"Any signs of success?"

"Not yet."

"I'll offer you a deal. I will loan you my father's resources and knowledge to assist you in this project, which I, personally, will supervise."

"Very interesting. You realize it could take years... even centuries, before any success could be realized?"

"I have nothing but time, and am highly motivated."

"Then I believe we have a deal."

Finis

It's been great fun, but I think I'm about done with this character and story.

I was planning on having Cranston take over Ra's' place--I thought that would be a cool idea--combining Ra's and The Shadow, but it didn't work out. I also thought it would be neat to have a fight between Armored Ra's and Super-suit Batman, but it seemed to be silly to have the armor magically appear considering what I'd stated as his previous attire.

Anyway, thanks for the game guys.

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    Using his powers it is easy for the Shadow to move through the darkness and find Margo. They move down the hall to the fire escape and go up to the roof. They see the Batjet taking off. Climbing into the Autogyro, the Shadow powers it up and flies away. A little time passes and then;

Back in the Batcave, Batgirl has just spoken,"Are you okay Bruce?" Before he can answer a low laugh comes from everywhere and nowhere. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Bruce Wayne will be quite alright, won't you Bruce? I missed arriving before your friend left. I would have also thanked him for the use of his device. I would like thank both of you for your help in recovering my Agent from Ra's clutches. I told him that justice would be done and it has been." among the many shadows in the Batcave, one moves and the cloaked figure of the Shadow appears. "I have spoken with my friend and he agrees that you can make use of his mercy pistol." An object flies across the room and lands on a table with a clank. "Now before I leave is there anything I can do further for you or your team?"

tag: Those in the Batcave

Kent Allard also went out the fire escape, but down not up. Meeting up with Shrevvy and Harry they follow the reporter back to his apartment. There they watch him carefully. When he mails his article in, they break into the mailbox and remove it. Next they disable his alarm and pick the lock to his door and burst in. Thier faces are masked and hooded and they cover him with various weapons. They erase his hard drive and make it permanent with a magnetic scrambler. They expose or erase his camera film as well. "You saw nothing today. You were not there. IF you say or do anything, your next visitor will not be as forgiving as we have been.

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Why don't you deliver that to Mr. James Biggs yourself. We don't want that sort of thing in here. Then you can thank him as well. In case you don't remember, I don't like guns, even 'mercy' rounds all too often are fatal. I have tolerated you use, and his use, strictly as a short-term adjustment. With Ra's al Ghul gone, that adjustment is over."

"Oh, and thank you for the prognosis."

8. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    ( the clowns went out the window and slid down a rain gutter to the street, then ran around to the lobby where they left the ambulance and took off for home. and they count the loot from the hotel register. )

--------------------------------------------
    OOC..we could definatly use more bad guys to even things out. I'm not sure if two henchmen are an even match against everyone else. Also being henchmen we sorta wander around aimlessly if we don't get instructions from a super villian.

9. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    "You are welcome Bruce Wayne. I will do as you suggest". The ghostly figure of the Shadow moves across and picks up the mercy pistol. "I also prefer not to kill, but when it is kill or be killed I do not hesitate. You were also like that when you first started out....remember?" Then the figure begins to blur and then speaks again, "Use this to contact me if you need my assistance again." The Shadow fades away leaving a silver ring on the table with a dark red stone set in it.

tag: those in the cave

10. Angelic_308

Angelic_308 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 2, 2002
    Barbara

*Shakes her head slightly as Shadow leaves.*

This job gets weirder, and weirder as the days go by.

*Walking into the changing room she gets out of the Batgirl suit and into her street cloths walking out she takes a seat across from Bruce.*

"So you, and...You know who actually talked with out getting into an argument?"

11. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    From Metropolis a signal goes out to Catwoman's ring. "Burbank here...Congratulations on a job well done. Agent Lane sends her thanks. Report in for a new assignment."

tag: Catwoman

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "He wasn't here that long. Just long enough to pick up his toy and leave."

"As for weird, I've seen ghosts, demons, daemons, poltergeists, sorcerors, psychics, psionicists, and a hundred other things that don't belong in the 'real' world. You'll get over it. I'm not sure which category this 'Shadow' falls into, but I suspect it's actually several."

"Sometimes you have to step back and take a look at the big picture. Consider: we just interrupted an immortal sorceror in the middle of a human sacrifice by using an alien device to send him to another dimension. Does that sound like a normal day to you?"

13. Angelic_308

Jan 2, 2002
    Barbara

*Leans in to the back of her chair.*

"No...But maybe in a few years it will."

14. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Catwoman heard the message and only nodded her head and knew she was officially working here, pretending to be bad, but good, a mixture of both.
    "I will report immediaely," she said.

Tag: Shadow

15. Galak-Khan

Nov 15, 2003
    Daniel is stunned to have his apartment invaded by this group of masked men, but having been exposed to danger many times in his career, he is affronted rather than terrified.

He is sensible enough to keep his mouth shut until the men are gone, but his thoughts are furious ones. How dare they? Who the hell were they? Government? Batman's lot? A third party? he thinks, Well one thing's for sure... I'm not about to drop this story, just because some goons in masks make threats!

He paces back and forth in his apartment.At least that article has gone with the pictures, so even if Ive lost the masters, they'll be copies in 'Time' all over the country by tommorrow.

He goes to his bedroom and collapses, shattered by the events of the night.

16. QuiGonTim

Jan 29, 2002
    ( the clowns, now having nothing to do, make Pizza bagles in their toaster oven and anxiously await the article about them in Time mag.)

17. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OoC:
    Well guys and gals, to be honest, I'm getting a little burned out again. Gotham is safe, we've beaten the bad guys, and Bruce is tired and sore.

I think it's time to take another break. Unless there's someone who want's to take over Batman, I think it's time to write the epilogue.

Tag alls yous guys 'n' gals

18. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Then I better get my last post in here, pronto. ;)

IC:

James walked up to the reception desk of the hospital, a slight smile on his face. "Excuse me, ma'am," he said to the receptionist, "but have you seen --"

The receptionist smiled up at him. "She was released an hour ago. She said you'd know where to find her."

With a quick nod, James turned around and left the hospital at a brisk jogging pace, heading all the way back home. He made one stop on the way, picking up a small sapphire ring at one of the many local jewelry stores. When he finally got home, he was very happy to see Sandra waiting for him there, and hung his weapons up in the closet without a word. When he was finished, he walked over to Sandra and gave her a deep hug, breaking it up after a few minutes only to give her the ring before continuing the passionate embrace.

TAG: Anyone and everyone

OOC: This game was fun. :D

19. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    OCC; Guess I need to get my last post here as well.

When James finally went to the closet to get his weapons he found that there was an additional one. A large automatic pistol with a ram's horn clip. There was a note attached to the trigger guard. When he opened, it read: 'Batman thought you might like this, he didn't. Sometimes I wonder why he is so easy on criminals. Perhaps we will work together again someday.' It was signed, THE SHADOW. As he watched the writing disapeared and he thought he could hear faint laughter in the distance.

fin

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well folks, just because I'm not continuing/running the game doesn't mean someone else can't pick it up or start a new one. :D

Glad you had fun with it.
    :)

21. Angelic_308

Jan 2, 2002
    Barbara

*Walking down the street she see's the 'times' with a picture of what happened at the hotel on the cover. Buying a copy she walks into the police station and into her Dad's office. Laying the magazine on his desk she puts his coffee cup next to it.*

"Looks like Batman got a new outfit."

Gordon: "Hmm, looks like it...You still coming over to night? I need to talk to you about something."

*Barbara raises an eye brow.*

Why dose this sound familiar?

*Shakeing off the feeling she nods.*

"Yeah, Dad...If you'll excuse me I have a few people to ''check in''."

*Grining she walks out and starts updating the files.*

OOC: Thanx for the game guys it was fun. :D

22. QuiGonTim

Jan 29, 2002
    OOC. Koohii, when ever I feel burnt out playing one of these, I switch to a totally different charactor, Mabe you should be a villian next time.
    If some one dose take over or start a new one, PM me I would like to play with you guys again.
    -------------------------------------

23. Angelic_308

Jan 2, 2002
    OOC:

If some one dose take over or start a new one, PM me I would like to play with you guys again.

Me too.

24. Galak-Khan

Nov 15, 2003
    OOC: Was fun reading all the posts for this one, and joining in the fun at the end. This always happens to me, I end up joining a game as it ends. I'm quite tempted to start a new one for anyone whose interested.

IC: Daniel's planned lie-in was rudely interrupted by the shrill tones of the phone. He picked up and the cutting voice of his boss slammed into his ears. Daniel's response was angry and immediate.

"What the hell? I sent you that goddamn article!" No, I mailed it last night, express. It should be there. Some goons destroyed my copies!"

He slammed down the phone in disgust, realising exactly what had happened. Those goons must have taken the mail too. Why the hell didn't I think of that last night? Damn.

He was tired from the events of the night, and not about to start rewriting his article, especially since it would only be able to get into the next edition. He unplugged the phone from the wall and went back to bed.

The End

25. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, folks, I PMed Pot to close this game at the end of the week.
    Get your last posts in!
    :)
    mtm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.