Amph Batman-The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    This past week started of the Bat-Event " The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul". Ever since Greg Rucka's "Death and the Maidens" The Demon's Head has been a little...well dead. But now he's back and he's pissed. It kicked off with the Prelude in Batman and will run through Batman, Detective, Robin, and Nightwing.

[image=http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/8136_400x600.jpg]
    [image=http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/8321_400x600.jpg]
    [image=http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/8322_400x600.jpg]
    [image=http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/8324_400x600.jpg]

So far all we know is, Ra's is back in some way that does not involve the Lazerus Pits, he is looking for Nanda Pabat for some reason, sensei is sending 7 men of death after him, and Damian's short time with dad has made him less of a raging jackass.

Will Ra's actually come back? Will Damian ever get his big happy crime fighting family? And where do all those damn ninjas come from anyway?

All the answers and more in the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul!

2. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'm curious about Robin's betrayal. It seems like he is looking for a way to bring back his father and possibly Conner, since Ra's came back without using a pit. And if Ra's can give it to him, all the better. As to Damian, I'm thinking that he will wind up sacrificing himself in some way to prove himself to his father.
  3. Panther50 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looks like an interesting read.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime Force Ghost

star 5
    I picked it up but haven't sat down and read it yet. I just read the first issue Gotham Underground, which has me intrigued and latest issue Superman/Batman.
  5. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    damn, robin was a jerk this issue.

And yet damien was oddly well behaved.

and there are thousands of ninjas outside wayne manor, while Batman hangs out with "beloved"
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I wonder if this event is the one that's going to inevitably lead to the rumored Death of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
  7. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    I heard of that. Supposedly

Final Crisis was going to be about the heroes of the DCU dieing and then becoming new gods while the old new gods died. This was then just turned into a bat-storyline. Because it was too awesome for your face.

Nightwing was pretty good. I liked three sons of the bat teaming up and kicking ninja ass
  8. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Not quite. It was rejected because this would disrupt everyone's plans except for Grant Morrison. Thus he kept the story, supposedly and will use it. Though we all know this won't be permanant. The question is, who will take his place, if this is true?

As to Tim, yeah, he's kinda not as well adjusted as he'd normally would be. But given all that's happened to him since "War Games", "Identity Crisis" and "Infinite Crisis", along with Damian coming into the picture and it's no wonder he's like he is.
  9. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I had to check the cover to the Nightwing issue at least five times after reading it. I just couldn't believe that it was a Nightwing title due to Dick being portrayed as witty, competent, confident, and a capable leader. Also, suddenly, Tim and Dick are tossing around comments like brothers again. CRAZY. This isn't the bat-family of the last few years. Where's Dick being personality-less, screwing up, getting his butt kicked, and then getting raped by the writer's self-insert character?
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    New creative team and new direction for Dick. Or a return to the style of Chuck Dixon and classic Marv Wolfman.
  11. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Damn.

Sensei is ra'ses daddy?

12. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    I need issue numbers so I can get back issues and buy recent stuff. How long is this story running?

Man I need to get the trade of Batman and Son... I just read Hush.
  13. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Batman Annual #26
    Robin Annual #7
    Batman #670
    Robin #168
    Nightwing #138
    Detective Comics #838
    Batman #671
    Robin #169
    Nightwing #139
    Detective Comics #839