main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    At least you'd have the theatre to yourself.

Diggy likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    lulz, we're all dumb (including me):

“Somebody was asking me about this in New York and I made up some ridiculous bull**** answer about how my character Zod has flippers, and this went viral on the Internet or something and people have been asking me about that. That is so obviously a complete bull**** story, right? But people took it seriously.”

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Because that's exactly what Superman would do. [face_plain]

Speaking of otherworldly savior types, having just started to watch PERSON OF INTEREST, it's a damn shame Jim "Jeezus" Caviezel wasn't considered for the Batman role, considering he's so good there at playing a middle-aged, suit wearing but still very badass Dark Knight.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well it is MoS Superman.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Or with his super senses can determine just how much energy to use and heat things up until Bats is knocked out.

Or use superspeed to knock him out before he moved.

Or use superbreath to knock him over and stun him.

Or slap his hands together creating a shock wave to stun him.

Or use a really loud shout.

Or use the mind power focus thingy.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Or they'd just team up...which is what they always wind up doing...

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I'm not MoS' biggest fan but after a couple of viewings I'm no longer an outright hater either. I don't hold the POV that that particular version of Kal-El is a murderer. Not terribly smart, perhaps, but still a decent person. I guess Bats (or Lex?) will really go out of his way to piss him off enough in order for blows to be traded.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    So Superman gets shafted in favor of the Dark Knight. Again. Can't say that's surprising. While they're at it, maybe they should revise the posters to make the Bat logo a bit bigger than it already is and reduce the font size for Superman too.

BigAl6ft6 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This bit of news of the Dark Knight getting more screen time than the Man of Steel was the reason why I posted (IIRC) in the DC Cinematic Universe thread that the Man of Steel deserved a sequel before Batman vs. Superman and strengthens my position how poor Man of Steel treated Superman. An uncontroversial Man of Steel would not need to defer to Batman in a follow up film, but rather carry him or at least be on par with him.

Superman is DC's Captain America, but they treat him like the Hulk.

Ma Kent: "Be their hero, Clark, be their angel, be their monument, be anything they need you to be... or none of it! You don't owe this world a thing, you never did."

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's a shame. I don't want DC to fail. I actually want to enjoy their movies, but it's a sad when we can't. It always makes me think of this Nick Mundy quote about Marvel and DC, "They're making a movie about a ******* raccoon, and we can't even do Wonder Woman! Aah ****! Aaaaah!"

15. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    You know what the DCCU needs? Detective Chimp.

Seriously, a Shadowpact movie would kick ass! So, of course they won't do it...

16. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    The movie is out in 6 months, but it's already a given that "Superman gets shafted"? Because of course 1) every rumor is true, especially negative ones that stoke my fannish fears, and 2) Snyder lacks all power to resist Warner execs' (purported) demands.

From the trailer I'd say we're getting plenty o' Kal. His name is right there in the title, after all. Why not wait till the release to see if the rumor bears out?

BigAl6ft6 and laurethiel1138 like this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Pretty telling that no DC fans frequent this thread any more.

18. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

What do you call me?

wait...

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    How does one prove he/she is a DC fan?

DC characters were the first superheroes I was exposed with the Super Friends featuring Wendy and Marvin in the 70s. I've always loved Superman, especially Christopher Reeve's iteration of the character and I've been gushing all over The Flash and Gotham TV series and a regular viewer of Arrow and I will be tuning in for Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

Hogarth Wrightson and ShaneP like this.
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You must unapologetically love all things Warner Bros. is screwing up about the properties or you are merely a DCFINO.

dp4m likes this.
  22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Yes on the cartoons. And I was a big DC comic fan over Marvel for most of my comic reading/collecting days.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So, we're taking a rumor as fact. Nice to know nothing has changed. o_O

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So there never were any DC fans in this thread?

Anyway, I take the rumor that Batman getting more screen time than Superman as a very probable rumor on the basis the DC Cinematic Universe has evolved. Meaning, the sequel to Man of Steel has given way to Batman v. Superman; Superman already being pushed aside for Batman and Batman gets his name first on the marquee (a very big deal in show business). When the DC movie slate was revealed there was no mention of Man of Steel 2. Recently, there have been reports that the film received a standing ovation from a screen for the folks at WB and therefore the studio has greenlit a new trilogy of Batman flicks starring Ben Affleck. On the other hand, rumors are that the sequel to Man of Steel are permanently on hold.

I say these things not bash DC but rather concern over the treatment of Superman. I think Superman is an endearing character that represents the best in humanity and I feel deserves more than he's been getting or not getting (i.e. a sequel).

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Agreed. I think Batfleck will be awesome but when there was a rumour awhile ago that shooting had to be pushed back because Affleck broke his leg for awhile there, I think Caviezel (or Karl Urban!) would be great Batmen. Maybe if things get weird enough they can be alt-universe / elseworlds older Batman.