main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think the major problem is not that they always nerf Superman's power, it's that they always use Superman as a tool to show how awesome/strong other heroes/villains are.

Wanna show how strong a villain is? Let him kick Superman's ass!
    Wanna show how cool a hero is? Let him outsmart Superman!
    Wanna show how powerful a hero is? Let him beat who just kicked Superman's ass!

And in 99% of these cases, Superman was not just nerfed a lot, he simply didn't use his skills or fighting technique, just get beat like an idiot. Especially in the JLU cartoon series. Sure many character have such moment, but when it's overused, it degrade the character's value.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    More screen time does not equal ownership.

3. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Interesting article today
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/zack-snyder-debunks-robin-rumor

In an interview with Yahoo! Movies, director Zack Snyder addressed rumors surrounding the upcoming Warner Bros. film "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," specifically calling out the one involving his son Eli playing the Boy Wonder in a flashback sequence.

"There’s a rumor that my son is [playing] Robin," Snyder told Yahoo! Movies. "It’s not true.

Interesting that he just says his son is not playing Robin, he does not deny that there is a Robin flashback scene.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    if there's a Robin flashback, Joker will probably be working Jason Todd over with a crowbar.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Is Fleetwood Mac this thread's favourite band? Because everyone keeps on listening to Rumours.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What do you know, context makes it reasonable.

He (Schneider) also discussed whether “Batman v Superman” will feature more screen time with Batman than Superman.
    “Only in that because it’s a different Batman than the Batman that was in the Chris Nolan movies, so we have a little bit more explaining to do and you just had a whole Superman movie,” he said. “But I think only in that way, because you need to understand where Batman is with everything. And that’s more toward the beginning, but it evens back out as it goes on.”

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/zack-snyder-says-batman-superman-not-flavor-week-140007690.html

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Truly this is the 7SA of Amph.

Penguinator likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The content is 1:1 comparable.

Penguinator likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Batfleck will need more screen time than Superman. However, even though Snyder thinks the screen time between the characters will even out as the movie goes on, I'm skeptical that Superman's screen time will allow for more character development. I'm thinking Superman's screen time will mostly feature him reacting to a situation or fighting much like Man of Steel.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Given the trailers, I think they'll be development. Enough to go forward and make it feel as a continuation of MOS.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    why?

por que?

13. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jess...Sound-Lot-Smarter-Than-We-Expected-82977.html

"Now people expect the tone to be more realistic just because we live in a world where the average audience member has a sense of psychological motivations… [It raises the question] how can one man—Superman—have so much power? These are the kind of things that we talk about when we think about authoritarian states, when we talk about Vladimir Putin having a strong foothold in Eastern Europe. They’re addressing geopolitics in this movie and not in a way that’s pretentious or esoteric." -- Jesse Eisenberg

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Everything that comes out of Jesse Eisenberg's mouth is pretentious.

dp4m likes this.
  15. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    What is he pretending?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Jesus, cut it out dp or I'll report you. I'm sure Heelsy would love to bring the ban hammer down on you.

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That the movie is Important(tm).

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Now this is pod racing timing.

19. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    The movie is important to those people to whom it's important. Expressing that viewpoint is hardly pretentious.

20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Genre is actually a pretty good place to address real world issues in a way that's accessible and doesn't come across as preachy. Whether this movie does that, or if it does it well, is a completely different story, and I couldn't say for certain until I see the movie. But it's not impossible, nor is it pretentious.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, I wasn't saying the movie's not important. I'd thought that was clear from making it "Important(tm)". It's meant to be like an Important Movie About Important Things, like how the Steve Jobs movie is presenting itself.

The Avengers was important. Batman v. Superman is important. None of those films are Important.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Oldie but a goodie...copy and paste the math problem below into Google:

2 sqrt(-abs(abs(x)-1)*abs(3-abs(x))/((abs(x)-1)*(3-abs(x))))(1+abs(abs(x)-3)/(abs(x)-3))sqrt(1-(x/7)^2)+(5+0.97(abs(x-.5)+abs(x+.5))-3(abs(x-.75)+abs(x+.75)))(1+abs(1-abs(x))/(1-abs(x))),-3sqrt(1-(x/7)^2)sqrt(abs(abs(x)-4)/(abs(x)-4)),abs(x/2)-0.0913722(x^2)-3+sqrt(1-(abs(abs(x)-2)-1)^2),(2.71052+(1.5-.5abs(x))-1.35526sqrt(4-(abs(x)-1)^2))sqrt(abs(abs(x)-1)/(abs(x)-1))+0.9

BigAl6ft6, laurethiel1138 and dp4m like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    laurethiel1138 likes this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He's a Junior?

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Honestly, I don't mind that -- Lionel Luthor wasn't a dealbreaker, and making him into a "Jr." gives at least some potential pathos.

Also, that background bit honestly does more to quell some of the dichotomies between "LexCorp" and the "internet, Facebook-like" company they've been saying than basically anything else...

laurethiel1138 likes this.