main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok, so have the people who put forward that theory ever seen a Robin?

Also, Smith's comments can be seen on his YouTube channel, specifically his Fat Man on Batman show. You can see him talk about it there. Mostly it's due to Affleck's Bruce Wayne.

2. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    "The Bat-Executioner?"

Thanks, but I already got that with Tim Burton, and he had the decency and good sense to throw a lot of deliciously morbid humor into the proceedings.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's a sound bite from Affleck to promote the movie, I wouldn't take his "executioner" quip as "Yeah, Batman straight up murders criminals now"

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Wasn't Affleck. Was the producer of the movie.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    well, whatever. I highly doubt Batman is a-killing people. Same promo hype soundbite logic applies.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm pretty sure it is not a Hawk in relation to Hawkman and Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman. And given that we've seen the Robin suit being tagged, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

I think it should be pointed out that the theory is that the tattoo is actually of a feather from a robin, instead of a tattoo of an actual robin. The Joker's tattoos are more meant to be symbolic that literal. Therefore, theorists think the robin feather could mean the Joker killed Robin or is actually the Jason Todd version of Robin.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Rumour I read way back awhile ago that the solo Batflick in development is an adaptation of "Under the Red Hood" so I think it's possible Joker already killed Jason Todd (but he'll get better!).

If they stick close to the animated movie (the comic is sorta mired in Infinite Crisis Superboy continuity punches, besides the movie is awesome) it could be a film that actually involves the larger Bat-family but still have a great, core, dramatic conflict at the centre of it.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Under the Red Hood is superior to Mask of the Phantasm, in my book. And that is an incredibly high bar to surpass.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Bold proclamation! Don't necessarily agree but I can see where you're coming from. But Under the Red Hood is in my top 4 animated Batflicks, which is actually saying something since for the past decade it seems they put out two a year. (It's sort of a nebulous mix of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman: Under the Red Hood, and Batman: Dark Knight Returns)

11. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Is anyone actually going to see this in the theater? Personally speaking, even a matinee price is too steep to find out whether Zach Synder can produce a half-way decent movie.

I'm opting instead to purchase the first season of Batman '66, and watch Frank Gorshwin and Julie Newmar deliver infectiously spirited performances. All the fun, with none of the brooding!

12. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I think plenty of people will go see it. The hype machine for blockbusters has basically ensured that every movie released with enough name recognition is going to sell a lot of tickets, even if the previous installments were complete garbage.

I know that this movie will be bad. Nothing I've seen can convince me that I won't hate it or pick apart everything that can and will most certainly go wrong. I can't understand how so many people are excited about this; about Ben Affleck's Batman and another installment in the Murderman series (it's okay though because in this universe everyone is murderman!), or Max Landor, or repurposed Abomination, or the forced, rushed origins/introductions of the entire Justice League stuffed into a movie which was supposed to be about Superman becoming Superman because somehow they failed to do that in the 143 minutes the first time around, and are once again going to miss it because they're too focused on all of the trees.

People want to be excited about stuff they know. Fine. Whatever. But this movie is bad. I can say that because Watchmen is bad, Sucker Punch is bad, Man of Steel is bad, Goyer hasn't done anything decent since 1998 (and I know what you want to say: but TDK. Well maybe he should have thought of that before ruining it with the sequel), and Warner Bros wouldn't know how to handle a property if they were the first to land on Park Place and Boardwalk.

Enjoy watching Snyder smash his action figures together for 2.5 hours, though, I'm sure you can wash it down with something by Michael Bay shortly thereafter.

Adam of Nuchtern, Ramza and dp4m like this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Heretic! I mean, I don't even...

It's like comparing a $2 wine cooler with a 1993 Chianti, ffs.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I've have posted many, many, many times stating directly and indirectly that Man of Steel was not a good film from a story telling, character development and tonally aspect. And therefore, I don't have high hopes for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice as very good flick.

However, I do have a high levels of excitement and anticipation for BvS because of the "first time" factors and potential/curiosity the film holds. This film will be the first time where Batman meets Superman in a live action film. Moreover, this will be the first time we see a cinematic version of Wonder Woman among other characters. I mean that image of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all standing next to each other was enough for me to want to buy a ticket for this film and seeing it opening weekend. In addition to the "first time" factors, the movie has great potential and a huge amount of intrigued. Despite the supposed huge spoilers revealed in the last trailed, the film hold the mystery of how the Joker/Robin ties into the film, as well as the "nightmare" images and of course the lead into the proper Justice League film. Additionally, the film has the potential to set the DC Extended Universe on an amazing course to rival Marvel movies by flushing out the characters with the addition of Ben Affleck and Chris Terrio. The additions to Affleck and Terrio gives the impression of a wonderful collaboration which may result in a well told movie. I don't expect Batman v. Superman to be told in the same manner as Man of Steel, (non-linear; flash blacks) but rather straight forward and linear.

So, while I did not think highly of Man of Steel I'm still looking forward to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Is it true that this will be the most expensive movie ever made and that its production costs have blown past $400 million, eclipsing the cost of the last PotC movie?

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The gossip rag Latino Review appears to have started that rumor last year. I don't think the official number has been released.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The "first time" factor will definitely play a role- I find myself more interested in the WW appearances than the titular Bats v Supes throw down though.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah honestly my hype is for her, the Batman Superman stuff is just 'eh, seen it before'

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm planning to go see this. I enjoyed "Man Of Steel". I don't see a problem with Affleck as Batman and he's done well from what I've seen in the trailers. The origin for Wonder Woman will come in the solo flick and Cyborg's origins will probably be covered in "Dawn Of Justice" and "Justice League". I think Flash and Aquaman will already be established and then we can go back and see their origins later. Which is fine. "Justice League" as a cartoon didn't cover everyone's origin right off the bat and it held people's attention long enough to do so. Green Lantern just had his origin done, even though it'll be a different take on the character.

And Snyder does better as a director when there's a screenwriter who can better manage the material than just Snyder himself or with Goyer as in the case of the last film. This is especially true of Goyer's material as we've seen with "Blade", "Blade II", "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises". A good director, or a good screenwriter can make it workable. And now we have someone who can write good material and that allows for a better film.

As to cost, well, the production was halted a while back due to Affleck's injury and reworking the material. That kind of thing tends to raise cost. But I don't know if it will be in the $400 million range. But if the merchandising is strong, they could probably make a lot of that back like they did MOS and TDKR.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol yeah. giant smiling teeth, actual jokers, and "hahahahahahahaha" over and over. the joker's tattoos are so subtle and symbolic. i wonder what they mean.

Abadacus, Darth Guy and Luigi like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, it wasn't stated the tattoos were subtle but rather saying the Joker's tattoos are symbolic to fit the Jason Todd theories as pointed out by this Shortlist.com article from last year:

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol

Darth Guy likes this.
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're crazy, tom! Anyone would think you're not a fan of this comic book nonsense!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I didn't buy into the Jason Todd theories when they surfaced last year, but I found them to be entertaining.

Like many others, I felt the tattoos were over-the-top and too on the nose. And I love the meme of Bruce Wayne having mirror-like tattoos.

[​IMG]

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper, she's a Pepper, he's a Pepper...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]