main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    I think this Lex is DEFINITLY not the normal one we get from the comics, however I do like his optimistic egotistical quirkiness. I'm staying happy with it and giving it a chance. I don't mind new, I mind new that is BAD. If it aint broke don't fix it, but to every rule there's an exception....maybe this will be a nice new fresh breathe of air? I think it will. He isn't a bulky bald serious man....but until I see the movie I won't hate, it's given me nothing to hate. Only gives reasons why it MIGHT be bad.

Now if you say this is a different lex I agree, he doesn't look or act like Lex but then again we've had different jokers too and different versions of batman and superman. Sometimes it's better sometimes it's just as good and sometimes it's bad. Yea know?

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Let's face facts, when you've had Kevin Spacey or the ****ing Kurgan play Lex Luthor, Eisenberg with that pipsqueak voice of his is no reasonable facsimile.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I thought we were talking about characters being on cans.

Ender Sai likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

From what the trailers have seen, Lex acts differently in public and private. He's more sinister in private when he says, "If man won't kill God, the devil will do it!" and "That is a four syllable word for any thought too big for little minds."

That's my take.

Pancellor Chalpatine likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Nice viral ad with the partnership with Turkish Airlines; one for Metropolis and one for Gotham aired today.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So now I'm hearing the Joker is in this?

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    There are no characters owned by DC Comics that have been excluded from this film.

Dinos4Ever and AmySolo like this.
  8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    And yet...still no Artemis

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Lord of Vivec you are the most honorable person on this whole website today.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks dp, you bring great honour to this website today.

I have to be honest, based on the trailers, if this wasn't Batman and Superman, and jut two random guys from a new sci-fi franchise...I wouldn't be seeing this.

dp4m likes this.
  12. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    And, ironically, if it was new dudes, I would be seeing it. But I'm too much in love with a different version of both characters, I worry for Wondy, and right now I simply don't trust DC to deliver what I want to see. :(

PS. This article is nailing it. Thanks for sharing it dp4m

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    AmySolo I can see that, and I don't really expect to enjoy it that much, because Snyder is pretty awful. But I'm compelled to see Batman and Superman on the big screen. And I'm liking Wonder Woman so far.

Darth_Invidious and AmySolo like this.
  14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I sincerely don't care that much about this particular version of the World's Finest team. I think I'm only seeing it for Diana. It is my sincerest hope that she's the only thing that keeps this mess from being a total disaster.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This is a wonderful article the "trouble with Superman," which boiled down to trying to reinvent the character for the modern audience rather than building on what's already there. Which is why I felt Man of Steel and Amazing Spider-man didn't go over all that well with audiences; it didn't really apply the core characteristics of the character.

I'm looking forward to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice but not for the same reasons I looked forward to the Christopher Reeve's Superman films or many of Marvel movies, which is an emotional investment in the characters derived from great development of such characters and allowing the actors to put their personalities and charisma stamp on them, i.e. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man. I'm looking forward to Batman v. Superman for the pure spectacle of it as I really didn't have a connection to Henry Cavill's Superman.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Good Morning America To Hold Giant Batman V. Superman Event

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Final trailer.

That Batman piece at the beginning is sweet, assuming he doesn't kill them all. :p

18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Edit: beaten by dp4

All I have to ask is, why wasn't this the first trailer?

19. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Because the next trailer would then be a let down. Always save the best for last.

20. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    The first two trailers were, at least to me, not good. Until now, this was on see before it left theaters (Suicide Squad is on my read the wiki list and see on cable TV eventually).

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Who was in the bath?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Lois and Clark: the New Adventures of Sexy Time!

laurethiel1138 and jabberwalkie like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I do hope Batman isn't Judge Judy and Executioner!

dp4m likes this.
  24. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Sorry, not following what you mean here? The first trailers weren't good but this one was? Or was so bad it's no longer on your see it in theaters list? :confused:

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    The first two trailers weren't good, and I was in no sort of rush to actually go see this movie and would wait until it had been in theaters for awhile. The first two trailers came across as a bit of a mess, and didn't really attract my attention in the same manner that say Civil War or Deadpool have.

AmySolo likes this.