main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA BATMAN

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JEDIMASTER_VIDAL, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    lets go to the movies
    to see Batman so far its , me , ann, eric, brandon, krista, ray.
    it starts at 9:50pm friday 18th July

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Julie and I are going tomorrow evening but a bit sooner. I was trying to talk her in to the 00:01 (Midnight) show tonight but no luck with that.

3. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    for those who saw BATMAN. what did you think?

4. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    I enjoyed it!

The Joker really stole the show, it was still a "Batman" movie...but the Joker performance and story was great.

5. RancorRider

RancorRider Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    Definatly a darker and less comical (Tim Burton) version of the caped crusader. The story itself didn't even need Batman to be great, so that was a plus.
    Batman's raspy voice kinda threw me off at first but as the movie went on it seemed to be quite fitting.
    I give the Dark Knight a 10 which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it deserves it. - Bad because it has now set a MUCH higher bar for the nex Batman movie. A bar that may be unreachable due to Ledger's death.

6. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    By far the best Batman movie made to date. It is really a shame that we have lost such a great talent. There will NEVER be a Joker that scary again.

"Nah, I'm supposed to kill the bus driver." [face_laugh]

These new "darker" Batman movies are awesome. I love it and it is EXACTLY what I wanted to see. Have y'all heard who they are thinking of casting for the Riddler???[face_whistling][face_thinking]

7. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Unfortunately I havent seen this due to the family routine but from what I hear, this is one to buy straight out when it comes to dvd. I've heard it eclipses all other super hero movies and the take at the box office confirms it. I think its right up there with Titanic in receipts. Thats another one that I didnt get around to seeing for a long time but I actually got choked up there at the end when poor Jack slipped away into the sea.

8. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Just finally saw this while I was in Myrtle Beach for vacation, and I have to say WOW. What a disturbing, thought provoking movie. I saw it at a digital theater and it was beautiful. What are the best theaters around here quality wise?

9. RancorRider

RancorRider Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    Prolly D.C.

Ive always said that if I won the lotto id build a huge digital theatre in Richmond.

10. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Someone said there is a Carmichael digital theatre in Chesterfield?

11. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Carmike near Chesterfield Town Center does have digital, I'm not sure how many screens though. If it had stadium seating I'd never go anywhere else.

12. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006

Technicallly yes, there is a Carmike Digital theatre here in town.
    Just behind the Saturn dealership on Midlothian Turnpike, near the Mall.

However, the theatre is no where as good as it could be.
    It lacks stadium seats, and just isn't taken care of like others around the area.

If only the Commonwealth 20 was digital!

13. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Carmike is AWESOME! I personally don't care one way or another about the "stadium" seats so that is not my key thing. We have that deal with the Bucket so we can get refills all the time for 50cent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.