main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batten down the hatches!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Well Daytona, looks like we have Hurricane Francis headed right for us! Francis

Hurricane party!!!!!

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh God I hope not. I don't think I can make it through another hurricane, much less one that's heading straight for us. And this one is going to be a mother too, so I'm hoping and praying it goes elsewhere.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Cat 4 now, estimated to become a Cat 5. I need to buy a surfboard.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Has anyone looked at the charts lately? Anyone else kinda disturbed at the little black dot right over Daytona?

5. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I am. I already made plans to be in Tampa this weekend. I wanted to visit my friend's new house, anyways. Hopefully, I'll have a house to come home to. :(

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Umm... yeah. That's really not cool. I was looking forward to enjoying my long weekend. :(

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, right now the little black dot is right on Orlando. I guess that means it's going hit us head on.

Maybe I won't be going home...

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    What do you mean? Is it going to nail the Tampa area too? Where are we supposed to run?

Maybe I should just go buy myself a surfboard too. I've always wanted to learn. What better time?

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well Rob, it's really too early to tell right now. The thing could go anywhere. People are running for their lives! Itsa Gozilla! Wun! *get's eaten by T-Rex*

Serioulsy though, they won't really know until either tomorrow night or Friday morning. I'm going to get some ABS and just in case I need to board up and see if I can scrounge up any water. If it hits here my Hemi butt will be haulin' it back home. If it hits there I'll probably be laying out the air mattresses and sleeping bags for family. If it hits Orlando, I'll go pick up a surboard for Jayna and we're going to hit the waves :cool:

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    My bags are packed I'm ready to go,
    I'm standin' here outside my door,
    I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
    But the sky in breakin' it's early morn,
    My Hemi's waitin', it's blowin' it's horn...

My place is boarded up (thank you Greg for the extra ABS!) and everything is as secure as I can make it. I'm headin' out tomorrow so to everyone all I can say is good luck and may the Force be with you.

11. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    can some one say Dragon Con? i might be going up there for one day. right now it is 230 thusday moring and me and my roomate are going to be heading out to GA in the next cupple mins. try to beat the traffic

12. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You guys and gals stay safe down there, ok? DragonCon is a good place to be in my guesstimation. I've been through 5 FL hurricanes and none of them were fun.

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    How's everyone doing? I hope everyone has stayed safe, sound and dry.

I am still up in North Carolina without internet access. I'm at an Apple store in the mall right now. Thankfully we never saw any bit of Francis and just loafed in the pool all weekend. I'll probably be heading back sometme tomorrow. See you guys! :)

14. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Volusia County is under water! Well, not really, but it had the most flooding. Our house, luckily, was unscathed. Not everyone was so lucky, though. :(

Not only is the hurricane a big freaking pain in the butt, but they don't need me to come into work all wee and that means no paycheck next week. :( I really wish I was salaried so I didn't have to worry about not having any money. :(

15. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I left last wed. after class. I went home to the panhandle. I'm not coming back til the weekend. Does anyone know which resident hall had the water damage? My bets are on Doolittle, but I just wanna know how much cleaning supplies to bring back. How many people stayed to weather out the storm?

16. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Anyone see the path for Ivan? You guys might just want to say away for a bit.

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm going to buy a frelling surfboard 'cause I sure as heck aint going to school this semester! bah!

Edit: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=StormCenter&prodgrp=SatelliteImagery&product=AtlanticHIRES&prodnav=none

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    All I have to say is thank God this storm didn't hit us. I couldn't take another one! Although I feel bad for those it will affect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.