main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by tony_sak, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony_sak

tony_sak Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    What is some good songs for battle music?

I am doing a lightsaber battle, but I don't want to use the usual music from SW unless I hafta.. or fits the best.. I need something for like a 5 min battle..

Is that a long enuf lsaber battle?

2. JimRage

JimRage Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    I think a 5 minute fight is fine. How long is the overall project?

As for music, simply for a lightsaber duel you may choose something from the GLADIATOR soundtrack. If your action outpaces that music, choose something faster like maybe. I don't know the tone of your project, but you may even get away with using a rock music intrumental.

Perhaps some more details about the scene will help.

Hope this helps you out.
    ^JR^

3. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I'd say that 5 minutes is far too long, unless its a video, and action packed. I think if its audio, no more than 2 minutes, unless you break up the action following other things, like Lucas does. I guess it depends on the situations.

4. tony_sak

tony_sak Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I chopped the battle down to about 2 minutes.. What I'm wondering is what titles are good for battle music? Like O Fortuna, etc.. What music is good for battles?

5. HalfeBaked

HalfeBaked Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Well, I'd say there is no single correct answer to your question. The music is used to create emotion. So ask yourselfe how you want the audience to understand the battle. Which aspect is important to you: Is it more epic or full of rage, is it tragic or heroic?
    I believe you first have to decide which effect you want to create with the music.
    Well, just my 2 cents.

6. tony_sak

tony_sak Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    That's the point of this thread. For someone to help me with a couple different titles of music from dark to whatever so I can pick one that best suits it. heh. Everyone is circling the question...

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll make sure to post you a few ideas when I get back home later tonight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.