main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle of Endor Question

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediMasterChiefYoda, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I have one quick question about the Battle of Endor. A lot of sources, from vidoe games (ie. Star Wars: Rouge Squadron II: Rouge Leader) to Decipher's CCG (namely, the Death Star II expansion) depict TIE Bombers in the battle.

After several viewings of the Battle of Endor, I have never seen the bombers. Are they thier totally from the EU, or where they thier and I never saw them?

2. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i never noticed them.

i believe they are an EU entity

i bet the star wars database at www.starwars.com would tell you better

3. DarthAnonnymous

DarthAnonnymous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2002
    Ummmmmm.... they are Not EU... You Can see them Quite Clearly in that "Other Movie" the Empire Strikes Back.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Maybe he only meant Battle of Endor EU

slightly related question: do some fighters fly into the Death Star's shield and go boom in the game? That would be a cool borrowed book-idea. I wish it had been in the movie.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You can't see them in the film, but that doesn't mean the bombers weren't there.

6. DarthAnonnymous

DarthAnonnymous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2002
    In that case... surely they are on of many flickering dot's you can see outside the emperor's window.

Seriously It will probably need to be frame by frame DVD Before you could see one... But I'm sure they used the model somewhere... They needed so many ships in A shot they through a Shoe in there for God's Sake... SUrely they used one of their nice models in a shot somewhere. Likely as not though it is just a fast moving blur on your screen.

7. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
  8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The only one we can see in the movie is in the Death Star docking bay, as Vader's shuttle comes in for a landing. It's in the extreme foreground, hanging from a rack.

9. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I know they're in ESB, and I saw it in the rack, I just wanted to know if anyone else some them in the battle, that's all.

10. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    oh yeah! i always forget about them being in ESB, cause, for the most part you just hear them dropping their bombs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.