main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle Of The Bounty Hunters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TOD-UK, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Y'know the one, the pop-up book. In it IG-88 C&D takes on Fett but are both destroyed. This is also told in "Therefore I Am: The Tale Of IG-88". Now, in BOTBH, Fett continues on to Tatooine, killing some stormies and a Krayt dragon before delivering Solo to Jabba.

How does SOTE fit in? Is there any fix for Fett's trip to Gall (which I believe is caused by IG-**'s ambush), or is BOTBH considered infinities?

EDIT: The other thing is that TTIA seems to have Fett's ambush above Tatooine as happening shortly after he frys IG-88B on Cloud City.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Y'know the one, the pop-up book. In it IG-88 C&D takes on Fett but are both destroyed."

Not shown in the story but one actually escapes to be destroyed by Dash Rendar later on, as seen in Art from Brother's Hilderbrandt and the SOTE game.

"This is also told in "Therefore I Am: The Tale Of IG-88". Now, in BOTBH, Fett continues on to Tatooine, killing some stormies and a Krayt dragon before delivering Solo to Jabba.

How does SOTE fit in? Is there any fix for Fett's trip to Gall (which I believe is caused by IG-**'s ambush), or is BOTBH considered infinities?"

Battle of the Bounty Hunters pop-up is not infinities, however the events are split apart into two different time frames, IIRC in between a certain scene. Basically the comic essentially shows two events that Boba Fett was involved in from two points in time. Essentially the comic represents the Reader Digest's condensed version of events.

I'm not quite sure though where the time periods for the two events are in relation with each other, much like I'm entirely sure how one of the IG-88s escaped complete destruction to limp away, and be confronted by Dash Rendar later on. The EU isn't very clear on those details.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe the tatooine battle is almost just like it's portrayed in the SOTE comic.

Not sure about the krayt thing though.

4. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    When does Dash meet IG-88, and is it assumed that it is this 'missing' IG droid that pops up later in the timleine. YJK I believe

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    No, the one that shows up later was IG-88A, the same one that downloaded his brain into the death star. He left his shell behind.

Dash destroyed IG-88D on Ord Mantell, in a part of the story covered in the Game, and Brother's Hilderbrandt.

One has to understand to get the entire SOTE story they had to play the game, read the comic, and read the novel, and have the collector's cards(or art of brother's hilderbrandt book).

6. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah, I remember. The level in the junkyard. What planet was that?

I tried to play teh game today but my N64 wouldnt recognise any controllers :(

Guess its too old now...

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Like I said, Ord Mantell, ;).

8. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    D'oh!!

<--see icon

Edit: A further note, Ive just found a reference in Timetales stating that an empty shell was found on Mechis, reprogrammed, and lent to Capn Drebble.

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    That's IG-88A as well. Same one from the YJK series.

Good source to check out IG-88's info is the starwars databanks at starwars.com, and the NEGTC.

However you'll need to find star wars missions to find out info for the little known, 5th IG-88 droid known as "Grand Moff For-AteSee".

[image=http://users.thevision.net/valiento/grandmofffor-atesee.jpg]

Yes, there was a total of 6 known IG droids altogether, not counting the countless IG-Lancers, and other IG models made during the clone wars.

10. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Actually, I had read about For-Atese, but since it was only Missions, i blanked it out as 'not real' :)

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Missions is actually a "real" part of the official star wars history, believe it or not.

Its had a few refrences over the years, and the VIPs answered questions pertaining to it, and its place in the continuity over at starwars.com on occasion.

There are also continuity links between it and the Ep1 adventures, and the Ep2 adventures, and other scholastic books, and source material from the Starwars RPG.

It helps that they were written by Ryder Windham and Dave Wolverton two key authors in the EU continuity. You may remember Dave from his work in Courtship of Princess Leia. You might remember Ryder from his work from various comics, audio adaptations, galaxy of fear, and various short stories.

Both authors also wrote most of the material in Ep1 and Ep2 Adventures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.