Battle of the Fan Boys(and Fan Girls)

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you ever wanted to show those self centered Tricorder carrying, pointed ear wearing, logic loving Star Trek fans who the real Kings of the Fan Boy (and Fan Girl) World are?

Well then your opportunity may be at hand.

I have issued a challenge to a Boston area Star Trek Fan Group to a bowling match. They will discuss whether they want to meet the challenge at their meeting this month.

Based upon our showing at the Bowling meet last month I think we have some chance to do well in a bowling match( little chance is still considered some chance ;)).

If you are interested in playing please let me know. I would like to figure out how many players we would have so that we can work things out with the Star Trek group should they have the Midichlorians to take us on.
  2. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Schedule permitting, I'd love to participate, though I must warn you that I'm a terrible bowler (as you might have noticed at the last meet). :)
  3. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I did notice that.....I mean, you weren't bad. :p

If we do this I'm sure we would work out some practice time.
  4. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Haha...very funny... :p

Practice time would definitely help me since I haven't done real bowling in a long time. I just worry about having time to do it. I'll worry about that when we actually have a date set.
  5. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you ever wanted to show those self centered Tricorder carrying, pointed ear wearing, logic loving Star Trek fans who the real Kings of the Fan Boy (and Fan Girl) World are?

:mad:

<~~~~~ Also a Star Trek fan.
  6. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Relax Leah, I'm a Star Trek fan as well. :)

It's all in good fun.
  7. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    As long as it's on a weekend, I can most likely make it. (Unless by some freakish turn of events I manage to get myself grounded for the first time on record.)
  8. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Hell yeah, I'm in. We'll send those boys (and gals) packin' back to Vulcan! :p
  9. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd be game. I'm a sick bowler.

:D
  10. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm a terrible bowler but as usual, I'm in :D
  11. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope I can participate. I am getting ready to change jobs in few weeks so I am not sure what my scheduel would be like.
    Also,I would need alot of practice. [face_laugh]
  12. Jedi Windu Jedi Master

star 4
  13. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in if I am not working.
  14. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmm..depending on when it is, I'd love to come and help out. Though if it's in May, I doubt I'd be able to make it until the last week of the month. Finals and all that. Bleh.

If it's in June, there shouldn't be a problem (save the little jury duty thing on the 5th).
  15. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm in. Star Trek is going down!
    *jk, no offense to the trekkies out there
  16. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, It looks like I have found a Star Trek group that is interested in playing us. We just need to decide on a day and time to take them on. Any Suggestions?
  17. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Good news.The Star Trek group is definitely in. They are located in the South Shore area of the state and would prefer if we could work something out around there. I also live in that area so I can work transportation out for those who are willing to take part in the match. We need to determine how many players will be on our team and who they will be. Once we have our team set I'd like to try and get together a few times to practice so that we don't embarrass ourselves too bad. :)

Also, this may evolve into a little tournament a Farscape Fan Group may also join in the fun. I was thinking about trying to find a Stargate or Babylon 5 fan group as well.
  18. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in, as long as I can get a ride. :)
  19. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    A ride will not be a problem.

I'm going to try and set this up for June. It will not be the actual meet for that month.
  20. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like the Boston Scapers are going to take part in our little bowling match.
  21. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    Star Wars reigns supreme! mwahaha
    If you're going into fan groups then this can go beyond startrek and babylon 5 and all that stuff.
    I wonder if theres a comic group, or a lotr group or something.
    Anyways, I'd be interesting in bowling against them.
  22. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to get one or two more groups involved and maybe even make it an annual event.
  23. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    [sidious]Wipe the fan groups out, all of them![/sidious] [face_evil] :)
  24. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    We are going to need to figure out who's on the team. I'm thinking four players and two back-ups in case someone has to back out.
  25. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like we are aiming for the first weekend on June. Probably on a Saturday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.