main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

battle of yavin freeware

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by kane459, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kane459

kane459 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2007
    hey guys if this is in the wrong part of the forum please redirect it to the right part.any ways im playing the freeware battle of yavin game and i find it extreemly hard if you have played it and have any tips for me let me know thanks ciao

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Hit giant enemy space station for massive damage.

3. kane459

kane459 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2007
    hey guys if you have played this game before i sure could use some tips those damn star destroyers are killing me by the time i get to stage 2 i got like 15 ships or less left help me out please ciao

4. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    If you're playing the game I'm thinking of, you just have to keep your ships alive...if you lose more than 3 or so by the first level, you're not going to make it all the way through. :p The best way to do that is focus on taking out the destroyers fast, targeting their forward turbolasers if necessary. I honestly haven't played this in so long, but speed is the key. Take out the first destroyer before the second comes, if you can. And hope your allies don't die.

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    There's two ways I generally go through the first part. Either I fly around trying to keep my wingmates alive by shooting off the Tie Fighters chasing them and making occasional passes at the Star Destroyer, or I forget completely about my wingmen and hang out right at the bottom of the enemy ship (after killing the lasers there of course) and kill all the Ties as they spawn. If done right, the latter will ensure that very few Ties will ever make it out to attack your wingmen, who in turn will kill the Star Destroyer for you. And if you're lucky you shouldn't lose any friendlies.

Oh yeah, always keep your lasers on the quad-linked mode for maximum Tie-killing efficiency. You can kill a Death Star turret in a mere two hits this way as well. In a dogfight your main objectives are 1) help your wingmen and 2) avoid crashing. Friendlies are surprisingly good at killing enemies (unlike many other games I could name) and for drawing them away from you. Crashing will take off major portions of your shields, so try not to let that happen. If there's turrets around try to get rid of those too.

Hope that helps =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.