main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Porg Thread (was "Battle Puffins" and "Porg Backlash?")

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 21, 2016.

1. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    NO MORE TENTACLES

Puffins are okay....I guess....*kicks dirt*

I'm going to have a stuffed Porg on my shelf before the year is out, even if it kills me!

akaydia41188 likes this.
  2. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016
    Mouth/sounds/language

That is a good point. Having a mouth also makes them much cuter. I wonder if they will be silent or make some sort of cute noise.

Force Powers?
    I also wonder what there relationship to the force might be. Are they force users? Are they Luke's new students? Are they not force users, but just attracted to the force? Do they have pretty much no relationship to the force?

Personality
    What kind of personality do you think they have? If they are crawling all over R2, they must be curious. I heard they are also a bit creepy- but what do they do that is a bit creepy? Do they kill sea monsters? Are they just fearsome little warriors?

Houses
    Do these little guys live in the stone huts? Do one of them sleep on Luke's pillow at night? Do they live in burros?

Society
    How do these little guys get along to each other? Are they polygamous? Do they have an hierarchy? Do they have a government? How do they raise baby porgs?

Relationship with Luke
    Does Luke use the cattle prod to zap little porgs? Does he like them? Do they annoy him?

Relationships with Ben Solo
    If Ben Solo comes to their planet, how are they going to react. I imagine that they would descend and start attacking Kylo Ren.

Relationship with Rey
    It sounds like the porgs send Rey out to kill a sea monster. So I guess they will not be too friendly until she kills the monster.

Relationship with the first Jedi
    I wonder if the porgs taught other people how to use the force. Sort of like how the Badger-moles in Avatar taught the earth benders how to bend earth.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "Rey, these are my Padawans"
    A bunch of Porgs look up and go "Eep"
    Rey looks at Luke. "He's gone mad."

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Luke: "You want one of them for dinner? They taste like magic - you will see force ghosts afterwards"
    Rey: "He's not mad - he is totally Ga-Ga"

akaydia41188 likes this.
  5. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016

I have to say, I'm looking forward to the porgs more than anything. I plan to take one into the theater with me. I want one in my office so badly!
    Oh this is just too cute!

Thats it. I need an army of plush porgs.

ZY-Fighter and Ridley Solo like this.
  6. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Luke: "Hey, Rey... May the Porgs be with you! HAHA!!! See what I did there? PORGS!!! Hahahahaa!!!"
    Rey: "Yes, definitely gone mad. Chewie, start up the Falcon, we're leaving."
    {IRIS OUT}

Shortest SW movie ever.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  7. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016
    Male and Female Porgs
    It sounds like the males have orange feathers and the females do not. So I guess the pin ball pictures features female porgs. I wonder if there is a large ratio of female to male porgs.

Warrior Porgs
    Moviewebs also reported that these guys have "razor-sharp teeth" and are described as "a bird meets a Gremlin". I wonder if the porgs will attack Rey and Ben Solo. I can't see the porgs not attacking Kylo when he lands.

Protectors of the Islands
    The porgs consider themselves "Protector of the Islands". If they have the concept of being protectors, then I imagine that they must be able to talk and communicate the fact that they feel this way. I guess they are protecting the ecosystem and the temples.

Anti illegal immigrant Porgs?
    While Luke has permission to be on Ahch-To, Rey does not. It is rumored that she must defeat a sea monster in order to be granted permission to be on Ahch-to with Luke. If Rey has to kill sea monsters, will Chewie and R2 have to do the same? They are also there without permission. However, I haven't heard anything about the porgs being angry at Chewie nor R2. Maybe Rey does something else really bad that angers the porgs, while Chewie and R2 do not.

Porgs are force Sensitive
    Sounds like the porgs are force sensitive (according to movie web), which may be the reason that Luke is caring for them. I know that the Living Force is fed from the energy of living things. Maybe increasing the Porg population also increases the Living Force, which the force ghosts depend on. Maybe Luke is preparing himself to become a force ghosts and to teach future Jedi.

Caring for the Porgs
    It sounds like Luke, Chewie, and R2 all care for the porgs. I wonder what caring for the porgs entail?

My guess is that the porgs are an endangered species. Luke is there to save their population from extinction just like how he tried to save the Jedi from "extinction". His actions could be similar to those of the US Fish and Wildlife Service program to collect and captive breed cranes at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center in Laurel, Maryland. Patuxent has developed methods to ensure hat most of the chicks survive, migrate, and find mates. Once the cranes hatch, handlers wear white gowns and masks so the birds imprint on something resembling an adult crane. Using crane puppets and MP3 devices, the handlers teach the chicks to eat and walk. I can see Luke collecting Porg eggs and placing them in a hatchery. Maybe Luke even plays match makers and sets the porgs up on dates.

So his actions could be similar to those of the film Fly Away Home.

I could also see Disney releasing toy porgs that you have to care for. Maybe a new Tamagotchi or Harvest moon type of game.

http://movieweb.com/luke-skywalker-animals-star-wars-8-sketch/

8. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    so many Porg toys wiII be soId!!!

9. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    we need porgs in jedi robes with tiny lightsabers

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, B3, Doom_Buggy and 3 others like this.
  10. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    no.

11. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

fine just a porg in a robe then

[​IMG]

B3 and vncredleader like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I want ceramic porg-gnomes to put around the back garden.

13. akaydia

akaydia Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    I really like that idea.

I was also thinking that the porgs might have a relationship with the force tree. Maybe they are needed to pollinate or spread the fruit's seeds. So no Porgs, no new force trees.

14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want to have this:
    [​IMG]

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Where is my little Porg? I want one. Now. :_|

Ridley Solo and Jaxxon- like this.
  17. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I'm relieved the young are called porglets rather than porglings.

18. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    People on the facebook comments are complaining that these will ruin the movie. o_O

Unbelievable...[face_frustrated]

19. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015

Did you expect something different from FB comments? hahaha

20. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I've been expecting full-on misoporgy since day one. Let the haters suffer. :p

21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    who cares? I will have little Porgs in my toy collection. Never cared what anyone else thinks. o_O

Ridley Solo, Jaxxon- and GregMcP like this.
  22. akaydia41188

Jul 22, 2016
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Added the confirmed name "Porgs" to the title.

They will always be Battle Puffins to me... :(

Jaxxon- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    can't wait for Kylo to massacre some of them. Force crush, throwing his lightsaber, stepping on them, etc.
    and with that Kylo's redemption will never happen, animal cruelty is a step too far.;)

Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    The porgs will be the favorite toy on Christmas for sure:p

Ridley Solo, Jaxxon- and starocean90 like this.