main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle Realms, the greatest RTS you never played

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MasterKingsama, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKingsama

MasterKingsama Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2003
    Has anybody else played this game? I found a demo ona comp in the computer lab at my old school and was hooked. Still play it to this day, and would rather play it than the new War Craft Game. Does anybody else love this game? DOes anybody hate this game? I heard there is a sequel in the works, pending the release of LoTR:War for the RIng: same developer. Has anyone heard anything about this.

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I remember hearing the game was great, but never played it, or heard much about it after its released. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll probobly go give it a try....

3. Jet-Eye-Blah

Jet-Eye-Blah Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    I have played it. It was quite good, and against computer it is more fun than Warcraft 3. I have never played it online against other humans, however, because back then my connection gave me second thoughts about playing anything real time over modern. From what I heard is that Battle Realms suffers from bad net coding, and it's expansion was mediocre. That's why it was popular for a while but then War3 Vanilla completely kicked it off average RTS gamer's radar screen.

I don't know about it having a squel, but if it has updated graphics but kept the same resource gathering and training methods, it would rock, in single player at least. :p

4. MasterKingsama

MasterKingsama Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2003
    I played on a LAN all the time, talk about fun 2 on 6, or every man for himself. Great fun... Never tried online play though.

THe expansion was great...or at least i thought so. New characters and all made room for all new stratigies. Never got into the actual single player on the expansion just skermish...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.