main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Battle scarred and broken. (Tahiri)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Imperial-Hippy, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Hello to all, this is a short taster chapter for a fic I am writing at the moment. It is set a decade or so after the events of LotF, and will revolve around many different characters one of which being Tahiri. So without further ado here it is, this chapter is called. Battle scarred and broken.

EDIT: the main fic is now being posted, i renamed it "Boiling Point"

Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle scarred and broken. The story of her life.

She had seen horrors that wouldn?t even fall into the darkest nightmares of most beings. Her life seamed to be an endless struggle of pain and suffering.

She often wondered when it was that she finally decided to give up fighting.

The fall to darkness is a subtle thing. Historians try to convince us that some people are just born evil, that it is in their very nature and they are destined to become a monster. This of course, is pure sith-spit.

All monsters where once just innocent children.

She could still remember them times. The days of happiness she spent in the academy, or the hours of peace she had when in his presence. But he was taken away from her, just like every good thing in her life. Until now, now she could hardly recognise her self in the mirror. And that was just the way she liked it.

She had shaped her self into a weapon, a sword for hire. She had no plans for galactic take-overs, that kind of power meant little to her. She had all the real power she needed, the power to crush any who was foolish enough to get in her way.

Some people compared her to Boba Fett. She had to admit, that rumour made her feel a little proud. She would have liked to be able to test her strength against the legendary bounty hunter, if only he was still alive. One more thing she had Jacen to thank for.

That name tasted foul in her mouth now. How she despised him for what he had done to her. He used her, took advantage of her weakness and twisted her into his tool. She had made a vow on the day she left him, to never again be that week. No one would ever use her again, not the Sith nor the Jedi.

She was in her own way, free. She was Tahiri Veila, a bounty hunter, out to look after number one and kill who ever got in her way. She had never turned down a target, she had never failed. But now, now as she stalked her latest pry, she felt something. It was an alien feeling to her, it was doubt.

She had killed many beings in her time; she had even killed Jedi, people that in another life could have been her allies. But this, this was different.

Anakin had admired him, and if for nothing else that would be enough to stay her hand. But this man was also the one person that had trusted her, the one person that had offered her forgiveness when the whole galaxy had turned against her. He had guided her as a child and if it wasn?t for him, she would have never even met the one who she had loved, in the days when she knew what love was.

She used to look up to this man, and in some ways she still did. Admittedly she despised what he stood for, she loathed his soft heart but most of all, she hated the fact that he could be happy when she could no longer find any peace.

Yet she admired his strength, his power of will. This man had been born into nothing, and now he was perhaps the most important man in the universe. He had even been raised on her home world.

She had always felt a kinship for him. But that was then, and this is now.

She could not; she would not fail a mission. Once his name had been given to her, his fate had been determined. Granted it wouldn?t be easy, he was still a very powerful Jedi, despite his age. However she wasn?t the weak little girl she used to be either.

With the element of surprise in her arsenal, as well as the many exotic and powerful weapons she carried, she felt that she stood a good chance of winning. And even if he killed her, the thermal detonators she had hooked up to her vital signs would finish the job.

Biting her lip and

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Looks fantastic...I can't wait for the real deal!

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wowzers. That's a great bit of fic there my friend.

4. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Cool....
    please add me to your PM list.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A great plot bunny, and you've done a wonderful job of weaving together a masterful tale here! =D=

6. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    star_writer24
    Thanks im glad you liked it, im not sure when i will get the full story finsihed but i'm hoping it wont be too long, keep an eye out. Thanks for reading.

Kidan
    Ah thanks kidan, good to here from you again, and i promise i will try and keep up with your latest fics when i have a bit more time on my hands, uni life is just a wee bit hectic lol

shahid_chestro
    Of course i will send you a pm when i start posting the main story, however as i said before i'm not sure when that will be, hopfully sooner than later.

VaderLVR64
    why thank you very much, i wasn't sure how this chapter would be received but im glad everyone seemed to enjoy it, i hope you enjoy the main fic when its done.

Thanks for reading and replying all :D

7. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Tahiri is a bounty hunter! She would sure be lethal thats for sure, and she has to kill Luke! I have a bad feling about this ;) Luke hasn't always been good to her IMO, like when he exiled her. It could be an interesting battle.

8. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    Mousie -
    "Tahiri is a bounty hunter! She would sure be lethal thats for sure"

lol this was what i was thinking, also its a path that i think hasn?t been fully explored. In the cannon when a Jedi goes bad they become some sort of powerful sith like Jacen or a disturbed power hungry dark Jedi like Alamea. I didn?t want that for Tahiri, because neither is how I se her as a character. This is why i chose to have her as a bounty hunter, cold collective, but not necessarily pure evil. She is just the product of her own tragedies.

"Luke hasn't always been good to her IMO, like when he exiled her"

True but you have to remember during that time Luke was not exactly acting like himself, though that wouldn?t offer much condolence to Tahiri.

"It could be an interesting battle"

Lets hope so, if you want to see the battle and much much more read the main fic "The trails of peace and the approaching storm" when I start to post it.

Thanks for reading!

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Imperial-Hippy

I wonder what Skywalker has done this time :p
    Powerful view of Tahiri
    Nicely done =D=

~ Mags ~

10. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    When I read it, I had my thoughts on the 'man'

I first thought it was Anakin.

and then it was Sligh (Tahiri's adoptive Tusken father)

and then it was ???

I have to admit Luke was a surprise.

11. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    Replies

Maggy: He's always up to summit, the cheeky fella lol i'm glad you liked it Maggs, thanks for reading.

Lightsaber123: I aways aim for suspence, so much more intresting dont you think? lol thanks for the review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.