main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Battle Star Galactica

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jasconsolojediknight, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    I know that I'm not the only fan so I figured I start a discussion about. Jade Walker, Moff D have you guys been watching the stuff on the web. There are ten web episodes which are not very long. I just got done seeing them all and are looking forward to tomorrow night at 9.

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Yup, we've seen them. Poor Duck...especially after the season opener. Kaboom!
    We weren't home for the weekend so we had to wait until last night to finally see it (love the DVR :D ). Still mulling it over, but it was good.

3. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I'm a little upset at what happening to starbuck. I hope she just playing along. Come on she has killed him 5 times and they just keep bring another one. I dislike the Col wife even more then I already did. What you think of Fat Apollo? I did not see that coming.

4. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I guess Apollo has let himself slide a bit. I guess he hasn't had a lot of fighting to do lately. I would like to see Starbuck out of her situation ASAP. She needs to be out mixing it up, not held prisoner.

5. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I'm a little interested in see StarBuck the MOM. Sorry Apollo I can't go fly a viper my kid needs her bottle? LOL I really liked how they got out of the death squad situation this week. I was hoping that what new name would not find about her daughter being alive till next season.

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't believe that the kid is Kara's daughter.
    That cylon guy is a known pathological liar. I can see Starbuck believing him in that she's been a captive for the past 4 months.
    But let's look at the facts. The skin-jobs (esp Number 3) are obsessed with that hope of the cylons--the 1/2 human and 1/2 cylon child by Sharon and Helo.
    Now, if the blonde child were really 1/2 cylon and 1/2 human, would they be so focused on finding Sharon's kid? There is another that could fill that role for them.
    Additionally, if this child really was 1/2 cylon and 1/2 human--therefore very precious to the Toasters, would they take the chance of exposing that child to a woman who has killed her cylon captor 5 times in the past 4 months? hmmmm?
    Let's look at timing. That child is 2-3 years old. Too old to really be Starbuck's kid. You could argue that perhaps hybrid kids age faster. But no. That's not true. Sharon's kid is the appropriate toddler-aged child.
    Then the last factor. Love. That is the theory why the cylon race is sterile. They don't have love. While that creepy cylon guy may think he's in love with Kara, she certainly isn't in love with him. Plus, this child would have had to have been artificially grown. No love there. So that contradicts the whole premise of fertility in this series.

My conclusions at this point from all this.
    1. The blonde kid is not 1/2 cylon and 1/2 human
    2. She is also not Kara's child.

7. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, the child could have been grown from Kara's DNA I suppose. She was held captive long enough and the cylons should have the technology. Let's not forget they have been on New Caprica for over a year--how long before that was Starbuck held captive? I imagine there has been plenty of time to have at least a two year old. I don't think its a cylon/human hybrid though, for all the other reasons you stated.

8. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I have to re watch the last episode of last season but I thought is said that they had been on New Caprica two years before cylon occupied it. Or this is the first of a new number 2 (a.k.a. terrible two's) that the Toasters are experimenting with in cylon/human form. But yeah I see were your comming from Jader walker.

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    They have been on New Caprica 1 year and 4 months.
    When the went to the planet, the show then skipped one year.
    At the beginning of this season, they have stated that the Cylons have been in control for 4 months.

While it could genetically be Kara's, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean that Kara wouldn't take care of the parentless child anways perhaps.

10. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    What? Nobody has anything to say about the last episode which was frakkin' awesome?!:D

11. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah it was. The last two have been great. Galactica jumping in side the plant was awasome.

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    They were. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Interesting episode getting to see inside the Baystar and a bit more about the Cylons--although it certainly raised more questions than it answered.

14. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yes like whom are the other 5 human forms that they never talk about. They finally might have weapon to fight the tosters and win.

15. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    A Boxing ring to let of some steam didn?t seem to help everybody. Its so nice that one person can destroy two marriage bc the war back. If you can tell I'm not a big of there relationship. But I did like what the admiral said and I do like the president and the Admiral relationship if anything happens.

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Starbuck and Apollo deserve each other, that's for sure.

17. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Just heard that Battlestar will soon be switching day and its going to be on sunday to try and inprove rateings.

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Starbuck I like as a character in general when it comes to miltary stuff. But her personal life is completely Fraked!
    I agree she and Apollo deserve to make each other miserable.
    I would have liked to see something between them before she brought Anders back.
    Now they are just messing up the marriage choices that they made.
    Actually, Anders and Dualla are too good for the likes of these two--RUUUUUUNNNNN!

I don't care which night BSG is on. I'm there!

19. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Well Starbuck live? Will baltar get turned back or go back on his own to Galactia? Will thge find the Eye? Will we find out if Baltar is one of the missing 5. Will sharen try and take back her daughter? So many question I just love it when a show leave more questions and litte answers. So thought we talk about these till Jan 21 at 10.

20. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    As my wife can attest, I am of the opinion that little baby Hera is Baltar's ticket back to the fleet.

21. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah they let him back if he has the child, but as soon as he turns he back the Col going to be right there to stab him. I like him being with the Cyclons to me it were he belongs. What if one of the original 5 take the child to Galactic as a good faith measure?

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I say take the baby and send Guias out the airlock [face_devil]

23. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I second the vote do we have a thrid! LOL

24. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Now, now. What would BSG be without Baltar? He's much too good a character to get rid of ;)

25. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yes your right but I have heard rumors that they were planning on Killing one inportant memeber off but it truns out there just becomming a cylon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.