main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Battle Takeover - short, Original and Cannon/Updated 10-10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FORCEBlLADE, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Title: Battle Takeover
    Timeline: Five months after Star By Star
    Category: Short Story
    Characters: Misael Lerus, Jaina Solo, Ganner Rhysode
    Summary: As the New Republic struggle to survive after their capital, Coruscant is conquered by the menacing Yuuzhan Vong, the Jedi Order stay as strong as possible forthe galaxy to survive. On one planet, several young Jedi fight for the survival of the world in a deadly battle.
    Note: i wasn planning on anything here for a while, but my cmputer is in Public Storage since I'm moved out of my house - along with the several fics I'm working. So I'm making this one to pass the time until I can post my other planned fics. Enjoy!

"And that's what it's al about." A satisfied looking Misael layed back on his seat from the controls.

To his left was Ganner Rhysode, an older human man who was strongly built and with a handsome face - despite the scar that ran down one of his eyes. Ganner nodded, very impressed by his comrades' skill. "Made it through the asteroid field in one minute and twenty-eight seconds; that's impressive."

"Well, when you put in countless time of practice, the Force, - and two fighter pilots for parents added to that, it's a masterful skill," Misael implied.

"You actually beat Jaina by a second," Ganner continued. "She won't be pleased by that."

Shrugging uncaringly, Misael took the control yoke of the Starblazer again and made a diagonal turn for the planet Ekria. The planet was a yellow orb in the Koraba Cluster where he, Ganner and several other Jedi had been stationed for several weeks now. The presence of Yuuzhan Vong infiltrators scared the local government council, and the fact that the Vong had occupying planets only a dozen light-years away from this system didn't make the inhabitants feel any better.

The remains of the heavily damaged New Republic saw it right to send aid for an oncoming battle; with many worlds in hostility over the lost of the capital, this would mean one less worried planet.

Misael flew his freighter towards a dull brown cylinder that was orbiting Ekria. The battlestation was to deploy battleships at anytime when the Yuuzhan Vong appeared near the planet; its two spiral rings were filled with starfighters in it one hundred hangars. The staff-like tower that lay in the middle was shaped like one that was spiked several times on both ends. While the battle station had no weapons of its own, it did carry a shield that would rpotect it against an attack.

"That sure beat staying here the whole day," Ganner commented as the station's structure was now on their entire view. Truth be told it was true. In these times, Misael saw how they had to find some kind of excitement; anything to keep them from forgetting the days where there was no war when peace was all around.

"KL-1400 freighter, identification required for lower of shield," a came in saying through the comreciever.

Misael turned on the commic. "This is the Starblazer, returning from flight check."

A second passed, then the voice said. "Copy that, Starblazer. Proceed to hangar bay ninety-four."

"Copy that."

A shimmer came all around the station, which the shield was lowered for them to get through. Misael flew the ship beside the top ring and entered the opened hangar with the blinking lights. He was guided to an empty space inside by two other blinking lights there. When Misael and Ganner came down the ramp a brown-haired woman of Misael's age was waiting for them at in0front of the ship.

"So, had a little time race at the asteroid field?' she questioned with a frown.

"A very needed one," Ganner explained. He then clasped a hand on Misael's shouder. "And this guy, here, beat your time by a minute."

Jaina looked at Misael with that unpleasant Solo-expression on her face. "Oh, he did, did he? Well, something's just going to have to be done about that."

Misael couldn't help but make a large grin on his face. "You can try, but I think I've got you beat on this one."

2. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Very nice! About how many chapters are you planning on having?

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, putting 'short' in the title was obviously a clincher :) when choosing something to read!

Okay-dokey, a nice, competently written, day-in-the-life tale. I liked the descriptions inside the space station. Will PM with notes.

Sith-I-5

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice work! :D

5. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Sorry it took so long to post the next part of this, I still haven't got my computer up and running(A lot of organizing to do whenyou move into a new place. Well here it is, enjoy!

Part 2

At the helm of a starfighter, Misael was in complete solitude; all that mattered was the fighter and the task at hand. Like with his lightsaber, Misael would become a part of it, like a second body. He gave himself over to his skills, instincts going into overdrive. Being the son of two fighter pilots from the Rebellion and the Force beside him, his talents as a pilot were the kind that were noticed. Misael even went as far as believing himself capable of rivaling Jaina Solo - she would enthusiastically to that comment.

The voice the commanding officer of the station's voice came through the comm. "All fighters, enemy ships dead ahead. Our objection - protect Ekria and blast as many as possible to oblivion."

"Can't argue with that," Saber five commented.

Misael said nothing o that but ordered through his headmic, "Alll Sabers, stick with your wingmates. This is going to be hectic."

Is it ever not he thought to himself.

Ahead the leading starfighters launch their first offensive, laser cannon fire shooting towards the swarm of coralskippers that charegd to meet the New Republic flotilla. The skips fired likewise, plasma bombs and magma missles erupted out of their miniature volcanoes.

When he was in range, Misael fired a string of laser fire and his wingmates - three and two - did the same. Their gathered strength took out two unprepared skips and they blew apart, leaving only small chunks of yorik coral behind.

Three let out a yell of triumph. "And that's just a start of it."

Misael spun downward with his two comrades following and targeted one lone skip among the swarm. Misael fired but his cannon fire disappeared into the skip's dovin basals' defense shields; he then launched a proton torpedo, along with more laser fire and the Vong fighter exploded into pieces.

For the was probably a minute - Misael didn't notice time in battle - that was the game, he and his wingmates exchanged fire with enemy fighter and evidently won, thanks to Misael's leadership. When five skips came up behind them with a quick attack of plasma bombs, Misael ordered them to split into different direction, because the Vong pilots didn't split, Misael aimed behind them from above and had two and three do the same from different angles. The five pilots didn't see that manuever coming and were decimated.

"Look ahead," two then alerted the. "Those skips are releasing-"

"-Grutchins," three finished.

Sure enough, several coralskippers released their own number of leg-sized insectoids that could survive in space for a certain amount of time and could eat through darasteel. And it looked like the swarm was coming their way.

"Blast them!'

A rain of laser fire erupted from their fighters and incinerated the grutchins coming towards them - but not all of them. Misael twirled down to avoid two of them from clawing themselves onto his fighter; two was able to do the same, but three wasn't so lucky: three grutchins had gotten a hold on the surface of his X-Wing, one began to chew on his lower right wing, another was at the fighter's nose and the third one began to eat through the roof and was working its way towards the tweedling scared R5 astromech droid.

"Saber Three, get into your evac suite," Misael ordered.

The X-Wing's S-foils then closed and the gutchin eating at the wing was partially crushed by the two wings trying to reconnect.

Good thinking, Misael thought.

He then flew back behind his wingmate who still had two of the isectoids eating away his fighter. "Try and stay still, alright," he instucted him and aimed his cannon at the grutchin on the top. With the Force, he would be able to blast it away without harming his comrade, but nothing of the Yuuzhan Vong could be felt through it, so he would have to depend on the targeting computer.

With

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.